What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Colorado @ Arizona Basketball Game thread ***

Bilas and that other clown, speaking as if to distance themselves from Walton.. make me sick.

Together, they'll never be half the man Bill is.

As decent as this has felt, fact is, if Ski has a normal shooting night, maybe 40-45%, we'd be down 30+.

Without him next year, yikes ....

XJ and scott will change that in boulder. Johnson will not have a free pass.

Yes, but that's not excusable. Anyone on the team should've gotten that rebound off of the free throw. It was a true bounce and didn't go past the first guy on the block. Just pathetic.

As decent as this has felt, fact is, if Ski has a normal shooting night, maybe 40-45%, we'd be down 30+.

Without him next year, yikes ....

So you're saying the team is struggling on the road against a top 10 with two of the three best players out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congrats to all the fans who got the 16 points on the late line and got to celebrate that Fletch 3 pointer!

:smile2:

Actually pretty proud of our guys tonight. There was growth. Now let's get that win in Tempe and get back home to get healthy.

So you're saying the team is struggling on the road against a top 10 with two of the three best players out?

Im saying we have one guy on this team that has proven that we can count on him to score, shoot, create, finish, etc, Josh and XJ included. And we lose that guy next year.

They're beatable in Boulder. We may very well have a better chance against these guys than Utah.

Absolutely have to win in Tempe this weekend.

Every game a new challenge. Excellent Buff play tonight, great effort against a great team. After the 2013 "cheated" game in Tucson, the Buffs showed up in Tempe rather flat. It's fun to challenge a highly ranked team on national TV, but ASU on Saturday is now the biggest game of the year, at this point. Need a road win, need to beat a beatable team Hope the energy and effort is there.

Im saying we have one guy on this team that has proven that we can count on him to score, shoot, create, finish, etc, Josh and XJ included. And we lose that guy next year.

No, we have three. Two were out.

You must be forgetting Josh Fortune, who has shown he can score at this level to replace Ski next year.

You must be forgetting Josh Fortune, who has shown he can score at this level to replace Ski next year.

The unknown quantity always seems to hold the most promise. Hope Fortune is great, but typically hype raises the ceiling above what a guy should/could be expected to achieve.

I hated how they kept saying we haven't win there since 1955. How many times did we play them there since then? 5? 10? It is not like some 60 game losing streak.

Great effort by the guys who played tonight. I thought like most did that they would get rolled pretty bad on the road without Jelly and X. Did not happen. The rest of this team is developing well and will be very good next year when our dead eye shooter is eligible. Look forward to seeing them in Boulder

the talent gap was pretty apparent tonight. ski played really well. but, you can see what a "next level" team looks like there.

The unknown quantity always seems to hold the most promise. Hope Fortune is great, but typically hype raises the ceiling above what a guy should/could be expected to achieve.

What's unknown? At Providence, Fortune averaged about 12ppg over the last third of the season in the Big East last year to help them to a conference tourney title. He is proven as a college player.

Fortune played a year at Providence where he took a lot of shots and scored a lot of points. Fortune isn't a unknown like a incoming freshman.

What's unknown? At Providence, Fortune averaged about 12ppg over the last third of the season in the Big East last year to help them to a conference tourney title. He is proven as a college player.

He hasn't played a minute for CU. How he fits in the system, the chemistry on the floor, etc are all TBD. He has skills no doubt, was just making the point that it may be early to anoint him as Ski's replacement in terms of impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XJ and Scott are not even close to being pure scorers and creaters like Ski. Sure, they both can have big nights (not many lately) but they also disappear sometimes too.

Great effort by the guys who played tonight. I thought like most did that they would get rolled pretty bad on the road without Jelly and X. Did not happen. The rest of this team is developing well and will be very good next year when our dead eye shooter is eligible. Look forward to seeing them in Boulder

Simply got overwhelmed in the paint. Matchup is fine for us when it's Josh-Zeus / Wes-Ashley / XJ-Stanley. Take Josh and XJ out of that mix and it's a complete mismatch. Despite that, if Pitts hadn't gotten hot from 3 Arizona was in some trouble tonight. Really solid effort by our Buffs.

I hate ESPN's titles..

"Arizona crushes Colorado" (on video on ESPN.com)

"Arizona rolls Colorado" (on TV)

Really? That wasn't what I watched..

XJ and Scott are not even close to being pure scorers and creaters like Ski. Sure, they both can have big nights (not many lately) but they also disappear sometimes too.

Uhhh... XJ hasn't had less than 8 points in any game this year other than Utah (when he got hurt 6 minutes into the game). 10/13 games in double figures. 8 in the opener when I believe he was suspended for the 1st half. 9 at Wyoming when the team only had 33. 8 vs GW in another low scoring game (50-53).

He's been very consistent.

One thing I do think is valid is that for forwards or a post like Josh, they don't bring the ball up and depend on others to get them the ball in a decent spot. This team is very inconsistent at doing that.

I hate ESPN's titles..

"Arizona crushes Colorado" (on video on ESPN.com)

"Arizona rolls Colorado" (on TV)

Really? That wasn't what I watched..

Pretty sure they're turning on the hype machine for the weekend Utah @ Arizona matchup they're broadcasting. Sucks that CU's getting dickpunched as a by-blow of that, though.

That does not change the fact that we were missing 13.8ppg and 12.8ppg, which you seem to be totally glossing over. Yes Ski kept us in the game, kind of, with his great game, but Arizona would do that to a lot of teams at home with those types of players missing on a already average team.

Pretty sure they're turning on the hype machine for the weekend Utah @ Arizona matchup they're broadcasting. Sucks that CU's getting dickpunched as a by-blow of that, though.
"We covered" isn't the best rallying call. Good game by the buffs though. Ski showed some serious heart tonight.

Simply got overwhelmed in the paint. Matchup is fine for us when it's Josh-Zeus / Wes-Ashley / XJ-Stanley. Take Josh and XJ out of that mix and it's a complete mismatch. Despite that, if Pitts hadn't gotten hot from 3 Arizona was in some trouble tonight. Really solid effort by our Buffs.

Yep. This team is developing without two of the work horses and I love what I am seeing for the future. We are having a tough transition year but watch out in Vegas. Not saying it will happen, but I love what the rest of this team is doing. Next year add Fortune, we will be very competitive.

Back