What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Uniform Thread

Damn, the missionary birds likeness can't be unseen, but any discussion without this is incomplete:
CadvtdhUEAAT4dM.jpg
I happen to like it more than the tired K-State logo, even if it is two amorous bluejays.

Last edited:
It's astounding that Under Armor and Addidas have to make things so ****ing hard. ND has some of the best colors in college sports, make some normal looking kick ass jerseys, I can do better than this on create your own team on the old NCAA game.

Mods, didn't see one of these in search so please merge if appropriate.

Disclaimer: if you don't want to discuss football uniforms, feel free to put this thread on ignore.

As always, I look forward to the usual suspects ignoring that disclaimer and posting repeatedly that discussing uniforms is lame.

I wanted to start this thread because of the seriously sweet new helmets School of Mines will be wearing next year:

View attachment 18958

SIAP since those have been announced for awhile, but I thought they were awesome. I love the stick of dynamite in the burros mouth.
But where is the barrel of rum and the 300lbs of sugar?

Is it just me, or is the allure of the constantly changing Oregon unis kind of wearing off? Maybe it was never there for some of you guys, but recruits clearly seemed to love them for a few years. It just doesn't seem like we hear as much hype anymore surrounding them.

Is it just me, or is the allure of the constantly changing Oregon unis kind of wearing off? Maybe it was never there for some of you guys, but recruits clearly seemed to love them for a few years. It just doesn't seem like we hear as much hype anymore surrounding them.

The recruits still really like them more than any other school by a wide margin. SB Nation talked to 31 of the top 300 recruits in this article, so not a huge sample size, but they still overwhelmingly went with the Ducks. I don't get it, but there it is.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...s-coaches-facilities-conferences-and-so-forth

I think you are seeing nike kind of run out of ideas, so we aren't seeing a ton of "new" ideas. That alone is part of the reason the excitement has worn off a bit.

The recruits still really like them more than any other school by a wide margin. SB Nation talked to 31 of the top 300 recruits in this article, so not a huge sample size, but they still overwhelmingly went with the Ducks. I don't get it, but there it is.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...s-coaches-facilities-conferences-and-so-forth
Yeah, 13/31 players polled liked Oregon's, but it was only up against like 6 other programs, who's unis are pretty bland, IMO. Either way, you're probably right. Recruits still like all the different swag they get at Nike U. Btw, the color coding on those charts is ****ing stupid. All shades or red with dashes or no dashes in them? Whoever put that together is a ****ing moron.

I think recruiting gimmicks wear off when the team suddenly has a 4 loss season, no QB pipeline outside of pulling a graduate transfer from the Davey O'Brien equivalent of a lower division, and a head man who had proven very little in coaching acumen prior to being handed the job. Soon they'll have to find the magic in overachieving with 5.6rr guys again or Stanford and SC will erase them from the minds of the elites west of the Mississippi.

Michigan became the first Nike school to be outfitted by Jordan's Jumpman brand. No big changes to the uniforms, but it's a little strange seeing a Jordan logo on a football uniform.
636057471797632771-Michigan-5214.jpg 636057429521538519-Michigan-5065.jpg

Michigan's whites are ugly. And the part about Harbaugh saying that Jordan is one of humanity's most evolved human beings of all time is almost completely irrelevant to the fact that he has a picture of a guy slam dunking on his football jerseys. Love Jordan. **** Michigan. Whatever.

Last edited:
Purdue...
purdue-anthracite.jpg 0391274001429409082_filepicker.jpg Purdue-Hammer-Down-Cancer-Uniforms-2.jpg
The first two aren't bad at all - I like the anthracite color, the 3rd (to be worn against the Spartans is awful).

Back