What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSU paid $3M to buy Taggart out of his Oregon contract, plus just under $9M for less than 2 seasons and another $17-18M to dump him. If you’re counting, FSU will have paid about $30M total for the 21 game Willie Taggart tenure. Yikes.
Me want that job!!!

I would take Taggart as a RB coach in a heartbeat. I wonder where he ends up. Michigan maybe?

The immediate list on the FSU 247 board is PJ Fleck HC Minn, Mike Norvell HC Memphis, Mark Stoops HC Kentucky , Bob Stoops semi-retired, Jeff Scott OC Clemson, Brent Venables DC Clemson, Mark Richt retired, Mike Leach HC Wazzou, Matt Campbell HC ISU, Dave Clawson HC Wake. (WTF on Richt, but old ties I guess, everyone else on the list is certainly possible.)
I would love to see Leach there.

Meyer turned them down once for a reason though. He can pick any number of jobs.
I think he is in a different position though. If he goes to ND and wins a title that will put him right back in the conversation with Saban as best coach. To do what he did at Utah, Florida, OSU and then bring ND back would be quite the accomplishment.

Looks like Campbell is the odds favorite at the moment.

I personally think Mark Stoops is who they go with. I think he hit Kentucky's ceiling.

It's obvious it won't happen, but I love seeing Bowden in there even at 50/1.

Looks like Campbell is the odds favorite at the moment.

I personally think Mark Stoops is who they go with. I think he hit Kentucky's ceiling.

It's obvious it won't happen, but I love seeing Bowden in there even at 50/1.

Mark Stoops makes sense-he knows Tallahassee, and he'd owe UK less than $2m if he took that job.

Would love to see us get into Florida and onto Latarie Kinsler, who committed to Syracuse on Saturday over a bunch of top offers, only to have his DC and main recruiter fired on Sunday. Wishful thinking.

Decent fall back option but they need to aim higher than that.
Like who? I wouldn’t pay Urban the kind of money he’d command because I’d be worried about him shutting it down suddenly after a few years. I also don’t see any top tier employed coach leaving their current school for SC.

Like who? I wouldn’t pay Urban the kind of money he’d command because I’d be worried about him shutting it down suddenly after a few years. I also don’t see any top tier employed coach leaving their current school for SC.
James Franklin.

I think he is in a different position though. If he goes to ND and wins a title that will put him right back in the conversation with Saban as best coach. To do what he did at Utah, Florida, OSU and then bring ND back would be quite the accomplishment.
ND was just in the Playoff. I think bringing USC back to national prominence would be more impressive.

ND was just in the Playoff. I think bringing USC back to national prominence would be more impressive.
Winning a title at ND is always going to be more impressive than bringing USC back to prominence. ND clearly couldn't compete with the top teams like Bama and Clemson, so that is actually a pretty big step to take. USC, with the right hire will be right back at the top with the talent they can bring in.

Winning a title at ND is always going to be more impressive than bringing USC back to prominence. ND clearly couldn't compete with the top teams like Bama and Clemson, so that is actually a pretty big step to take. USC, with the right hire will be right back at the top with the talent they can bring in.
Because ND is some underdog story that struggles to bring in talent? Huh?

USC is the top program in the Pac-12 in one of the biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. Penn State is the third best program in their division?
Is USC the top program in the PAC? They haven’t been nationally relevant in years and just got their dicks kicked in by someone who might have a better argument.

ND has essentially averaged top 10 recruiting classes the last 4 years. Maybe they aren't quite on the level of Bama and UGA, but I still find it comical that winning a natty at ND is some epic feat. Winning a NC at 3 different programs in 3 different conferences would solidify Urban as a top 2 coach in the sport, no questions asked.

Is USC the top program in the PAC? They haven’t been nationally relevant in years and just got their dicks kicked in by someone who might have a better argument.

Yes. Oregon has certainly closed the gap significantly, but USC is on a different level with the right coach.

ND has essentially averaged top 10 recruiting classes the last 4 years. Maybe they aren't quite on the level of Bama and UGA, but I still find it comical that winning a natty at ND is some epic feat. Winning a NC at 3 different programs in 3 different conferences would solidify Urban as a top 2 coach in the sport, no questions asked.

Notre Dame has not won a national title since 1988. They have lost eight major bowl (BCS or NY6) games in a row. Winning a national championship at Notre Dame would be the best work of Meyer's career and it would not be particularly close.

Based on what?
Oregon has a mega booster, and that is really the only thing they have that if better than USC. And it's not like USC is hurting for money so how important is that really?

USC has better history, tradition, a bigger fanbase and is in the better location. Even when they weren't winning a lot they were still recruiting a top level compared to the rest of the country under Sark and even under Helton for a few years. You get any decent coach in there and they sleep walk to a top 5 class every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back