What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

MT keeps talking about toughness and effort which are good, but leaves a lot to wonder about how he is going to game plan, and how sharp the execution from a coaching stand point will be. Or will there be FHCMM type errors i.e. not getting plays in, running out the clock on a drive to end the first half, two minute offense, special teams execution, etc.

Bama/UGA were established programs with excellent players and excellent game planning from elite head coaches. I am curious how MT will deal with these challenges and how the execution will look out on the field with CU talent. Game planning with UGA/BAMA/Chicago Bears is different than 5-7 CU.
It’s not one or the other, though. It’s not like mediocre to bad teams have to choose whether to be tough, physical and play with great effort, or have good game plans and execute well, while the really good teams can have it all.

A good coaching staff can demand the effort, while also executing and game planning well

Somehow, and for reasons that remain a complete mystery to me, my pointing out the fact that there will be a learning curve with MT as he becomes accustomed to being a D-1 head football coach is the same as directly comparing him to Jon Embree.

Allbuffs never ceases to amaze me. Take an innocuous statement, stretch it to its fullest possible conclusion, and then criticize the conclusion that was never made in the first place.

So, your point is that the entire internet should be disabled. Huh.

Somehow, and for reasons that remain a complete mystery to me, my pointing out the fact that there will be a learning curve with MT as he becomes accustomed to being a D-1 head football coach is the same as directly comparing him to Jon Embree.

Allbuffs never ceases to amaze me. Take an innocuous statement, stretch it to its fullest possible conclusion, and then criticize the conclusion that was never made in the first place.
Tuckernuts > Embro

Anna Kendrick’s level of hot depends on two factors (all individual taste):

1/ do you prefer petite and slender or not?
2/ do you like weed? (she smokes A LOT)
I have a well-known Anna Kendrick obsession amongst my friend group and I was never aware she was super into weed lol. Where was this info provided? Unless you read her book haha

I have a well-known Anna Kendrick obsession amongst my friend group and I was never aware she was super into weed lol. Where was this info provided? Unless you read her book haha

This thread needs to be changed to, “official fall camp, weather talk and is Anna Kendrick, hot?” thread.

But yeah, she’s a dope. I could tell she smoked weed long before I ever even knew that.

fireworks.gif

We need more than 4 CB's. 3 are on the field st the same time on most plays!!
Eh, they need 4 CBs who can competently rotate. With the Star position being more of a coverage responsibility than BB was, that position is likely to be on the field far more than a third CB, IMO.

She frequently discusses her interest in marijuana in interviews and on her Twitter.

Eh, they need 4 CBs who can competently rotate. With the Star position being more of a coverage responsibility than BB was, that position is likely to be on the field far more than a third CB, IMO.
Yeah. I think we'll see a few games with pass-happy opponents where Maddox plays a lot in that position while Taylor is kind of a rover ILB next to Landman. Either as a nickel that has a guy like Wells stay in and edge rush or as a dime that replaces one of the front 4 with a 3rd CB.

Yeah. I think we'll see a few games with pass-happy opponents where Maddox plays a lot in that position while Taylor is kind of a rover ILB next to Landman. Either as a nickel that has a guy like Wells stay in and edge rush or as a dime that replaces one of the front 4 with a 3rd CB.
They have multiple guys they are getting ready to play the Star position, which IMO, is in anticipation of needing that position to play a huge coverage role with such thin CB depth. Taylor, Perry, Maddox and even Blackmon all getting time there.

I envision the most prominent defensive personnel grouping being 2 CBs, 2 S, 1 Star, 2 ILB, 1 OLB, 2 DT, 1 NT

Is Rodman a NT or DT?
Projects as a NT, but no one knew if he'd be able to do much there this year. He's about 20 lbs under where we want him to get eventually (around 295 at the start of camp, so probably gonna be under 290 before building it back up).

#JUICE

https://247sports.com/college/color...se-for-Kapilovic-CU-offensive-line-134253845/ (free)

“A bunch of different drills,” Lynott said when asked what has changed in practice. “The drills we did with Adams were completely different than the ones we do with Kap now. There’s a lot more emphasis on doing combo blocks, the pass drills are all different. We don’t do any of the pass drills that we did with Adams with Kap now. Every drill is different. I can’t recall a drill that we have done with Kap that we did with Adams. Coach Kap knows what he’s doing pretty well and he’s definitely helped us in terms of making sure our technique is better than what it was.”

That last sentence in the quote within that context reads to me "Adams had no ****ing clue what he was doing and we now have a real o-line coach."
The sentence at the end of the story is even more telling honestly...

The most important thing to Kapilovic and his offensive linemen? Getting it right.

“Coach Kap wants to do it right, right now,” Roddick said. ”Not tomorrow, not we’ll get it later, he wants to get it right right now. It’s definitely a lot different.”

Projects as a NT, but no one knew if he'd be able to do much there this year. He's about 20 lbs under where we want him to get eventually (around 295 at the start of camp, so probably gonna be under 290 before building it back up).
Nah. 3rd down pass rusher imo

Back