What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

My favorite William Maximus moment was when he randomly flipped on MM and crew for a season. I forget which year it was, but he was suddenly super down on the OL and staff. Must've been Bernardi's last year? Then they tossed Adams in and BOOM back on board for Maximum Gardener, back to tini levels of hype.

It may have been mentioned above, but 4* Trinity League standout WR Tarik Luckett (39th receiver in the nation by one ranking service) has officially changed positions to CB. This is a good thing.

I don’t disagree with you that there is more depth on the interior OL, but I don’t know how converting a 2 to play 2 OG adds anything over playing any of the several +/-300 lb freshman. Seems like a Terriek Roberts move.
That’s fair, but if he can provide any kind of value and depth on DL, it’s a plus, and probably more than they expected out of him on the OL

Lynott, (Sherman), Kutch and Roddick at OG. He’s way down the list on the O side. Sherman moving inside next year.

Mel looking for 8-9 to rotate on DL. Doss and Jordan out so far. Some frosh stepping up on DL, others trying to find a spot.

Makes sense to me.
It definitely is on the interior

Sherman is at OT though this year. That's not even a 2 deep at interior OL, and Lynott is also the backup Center so really, 4 guys for 3 interior positions (when you include Pursell).

The numbers there are NOT better.

I don't know anything about Sauvao, but maybe he wanted to move. If he was more of a road grader type of OL player he may be well suited for DL.

Trying to be positive!

Am hoping this was Sauvao deciding his best chance at next level is on the DL. Nothing wrong with a Samoan with a nasty attitude being on the DL. Will be interesting to see how plays out.

Not trying to be negative, just a bit of sunshine pumping going around and we should be realistic about the challenges we may face this year. As far as talent and ceiling, I think this year's CB group is better than last year's. I've been high on Miller and think he could be great if he stays healthy. Sounds like Blackmon is looking good in camp, and Abrams shows flashes of NFL talent. I'm just echoing Duff's concern on depth. We already need one of Perry/Trujillo/Oats to show up and be able to contribute in Nickel/Dime rotations WITHOUT injuries. We get banged up and we've got backup safeties and true freshman. Udoffia being a former corner could help, but he has struggled quite a bit and we haven't heard anything on him yet this camp at a position that is also very thin. Not promising. Seems like in college football at some point your weaknesses shine through and bite you.
Am I the only one that read this in Sam Elliott's voice?

I like seeing Jaylon Jackson making plays. I hope he has success and surprises this year. Kid has been through a lot and keeps grinding.

Looks like Deion Smith broke a big run. If we can have 2-3 guys that are more than JAGS and we can ride the hot hand and actually count on the running game, we have the potential to be in the top 3rd of the conference in offense.

I'm still tempering my expectations due to the lack of depth and question marks, but I'm slowly feeling more confident in this team. You can win a lot of games you shouldn't in college football by playing mistake free. This conference is light on the top end. If we play lights out and stay healthy we could make some noise.

All this incoherent rambling, I'm trying to say I've opened my win window from 3 to 8 wins up to 3 to 10 wins. I don't think we've had a team in my recollection (mid nineties to now, I'm 35 like everyone else) that is more of an unknown with the talent potential/depth disparity. Crappy thing is, just like last year, we might not truly know if we're any good until like weeks 6-8.

Jeff Goldblum for me.

giphy.gif

Sherman is at OT though this year. That's not even a 2 deep at interior OL, and Lynott is also the backup Center so really, 4 guys for 3 interior positions (when you include Pursell).

The numbers there are NOT better.
That’s 5 guards and 2 centers for 3 positions.

Run through the NT, DT and DE for us beyond Sami, Lang and Mustafa.

Am hoping this was Sauvao deciding his best chance at next level is on the DL. Nothing wrong with a Samoan with a nasty attitude being on the DL. Will be interesting to see how plays out.

He has a difficult time pulling. Plus he holds.

I like seeing Jaylon Jackson making plays. I hope he has success and surprises this year. Kid has been through a lot and keeps grinding.

Looks like Deion Smith broke a big run. If we can have 2-3 guys that are more than JAGS and we can ride the hot hand and actually count on the running game, we have the potential to be in the top 3rd of the conference in offense.

I'm still tempering my expectations due to the lack of depth and question marks, but I'm slowly feeling more confident in this team. You can win a lot of games you shouldn't in college football by playing mistake free. This conference is light on the top end. If we play lights out and stay healthy we could make some noise.

All this incoherent rambling, I'm trying to say I've opened my win window from 3 to 8 wins up to 3 to 10 wins. I don't think we've had a team in my recollection (mid nineties to now, I'm 35 like everyone else) that is more of an unknown with the talent potential/depth disparity. Crappy thing is, just like last year, we might not truly know if we're any good until like weeks 6-8.

Daniel Arias is going to be a stud. Everything looks so effortless and natural at his size and speed.

The positives with the Suavao and Luckett moves is I suspect we've seen the last Beau Bishart situation. Tucker isn't going to allow guys to sit and not contribute just because they like the position. When asked about Luckett he said he wasn't forced to move, so obviously Tucker is better at having those conversations with kids and convincing them.

Regarding the DLs, my guess is that MT's comment was coachspeak. At this point, he needs to have some of the freshmen ready to play and none of them have separated enough negatively to be marked as a redshirt... yet. It's coming soon, though. I suspect that 2 of the DTs will redshirt and we'll have an appropriate class balance - for once - as we head into 2020.

Regarding the RBs, I think Mangham is a given at this point. The question is who will be his primary battery mate. Smith seems like the guy who runs at a different tempo who also as the size and style to finish runs the way MT demands from the position. I assume it will be mostly those guys carrying the load this year.
Agree. They have different styles of play that will compliment one another and it sounds like both of them have had no trouble picking up on pass pro, would be surprised if they aren’t 1-2 all year

Back