What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

That and the running game.

If opposing safeties have to take a peak in the backfield for a run and do a check to make sure the TE isn't going to come up the seam before they can fly over to double-team Laviska... let's just say that things could get very fun.
Exactly.

I love listening to HCMT! I have a real feeling we are going to jump up and catch A LOT of teams off guard.
We are going to see a team like we have not seen in a lot of years.

Resilient
Enthusiastic
Lethal
Energetic
Nasty
Tough
Livid
Excited
Strong
Stoic

That and the running game.

If opposing safeties have to take a peak in the backfield for a run and do a check to make sure the TE isn't going to come up the seam before they can fly over to double-team Laviska... let's just say that things could get very fun.
I like it. I like that idea very much.

Sounding like John Fox today. Definitely had to push his team. I agree though, he seemed to be in a good mood so hopefully that is a good sign.

As long as he doesn't tell us "we just can't flop it out there and expect to perform like that....." or whatever that line was lol

Reading this helped ease some of my concerns about our defense, and potential injuries on the DL:

JC transfer defensive lineman Janaz Jordan was a disruptor against the run on a couple occasions … Inside linebacker Nate Landman, who had a sack in Saturday's scrimmage, is getting stops behind the line of scrimmage on a steady basis … Overall, the defense had one of its better days of camp against both the run and pass.

https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/8/12/...er-determined-not-to-let-dog-days-set-in.aspx

Reading this helped ease some of my concerns about our defense, and potential injuries on the DL:

JC transfer defensive lineman Janaz Jordan was a disruptor against the run on a couple occasions … Inside linebacker Nate Landman, who had a sack in Saturday's scrimmage, is getting stops behind the line of scrimmage on a steady basis … Overall, the defense had one of its better days of camp against both the run and pass.

https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/8/12/...er-determined-not-to-let-dog-days-set-in.aspx

Cue panicky posts about the offensive line in three, two, one.....

I love hearing that Jordan is showing promise. I had been skeptical about just how much he'd help us this year. We really need him to be able to give us positive snaps in that rotation.

Landman's gonna Landman. Don't care what college OL he's facing.

Looks like #94 Janaz Jordan might have been flagged for some extra curricular stuff involving Chance Lytle at the end there. I know that it’s been mentioned that Lytle looks solid enough but might not have the NASTINESS to play at this level. I wonder if Kap and MT are wakening a beast?:unsure:

How big is Landman?
tenor.gif

Looks like #94 Janaz Jordan might have been flagged for some extra curricular stuff involving Chance Lytle at the end there. I know that it’s been mentioned that Lytle looks solid enough but might not have the NASTINESS to play at this level. I wonder if Kap and MT are wakening a beast?:unsure:

Not the first I’ve heard of Lytle getting into it with a DL in camp — I’m assuming separate instances.. That’s a good sign. Most players are a lot better when they play this game with a mean-on.

The tucker comments about effort and player leadership and toughness remind me a bit of Barnett. Hopefully we get something like the 2001 version and not the 1999 one.
I’d be ecstatic with the 1999 version. That team went to a bowl and won in a blowout. Followed by CU signing a very highly rated recruiting class.

I’d be ecstatic with the 1999 version. That team went to a bowl and won in a blowout. Followed by CU signing a very highly rated recruiting class.

that 99 team was pretty loaded and underperformed. and started that year poorly. and, yet, despite all of that, compared to where we have more recently been, i'd have to agree with you.

i remember a time when i used to think we would never be out of the top 25 and never miss a bowl again. maybe we get there again!

Back