What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

Ok, Finally a no fluff video by CU, featuring Coach Barnett (man do I miss that guy). When Asked about the state of the team in his opinion GB gave us some good carrots:

1. The team has not fully bought in at least to MT standards. GB mentioned it twice
2. GB stated we have the 5th toughest schedule (is this accurate?)
3. CU will be a hard nosed, tough football team
4. Defensively - Eeek, "coaches need to come up with a way to make the Defense play better than it looks"
5. Offense - Lot of weapons. RB - I"ve seen enough of these young running backs to say that they are going to have a lot of options", "there's enough talent there", "may not have a feature back"
6. This team will keep coming so you better bring your A game
No where did he say the team hasn’t fully bought in? He said this is the time in camp when you figure out who hasn’t bought in but he did not say that the team isn’t fully bought in.

It seems like 75% of the roster has been mentioned in a positive light to this point in camp. Going to be interesting to find out who the coaches have been lying about
Some of the mentions have been more of the "I really liked this guy's effort" or "So and so made big strides" without mentioning what baseline they were making strides from.

I love the message here which is basically “Shut up and play”. Way to much standing over guys and trash talking these last few years. HCMT gets it. I like this guy more after each one of these post practice interviews
Adam & Brian have talked quite a bit on their post-practice reports about how there's an NFL businesslike thing going on. No music at practice, which makes it so you hear everything with the coaching, contact, etc. The physicality when playing in shells. And this part with doing your job and behaving like a professional by letting your work do the talking.

They've tied that in with other things about how MT is working to create an Alabama or Ohio State type environment with his program, similar to how Saban and Tressel built those programs to new levels with a professional approach and engagement with the community & state population.

Adam & Brian have talked quite a bit on their post-practice reports about how there's an NFL businesslike thing going on. No music at practice, which makes it so you hear everything with the coaching, contact, etc. The physicality when playing in shells. And this part with doing your job and behaving like a professional by letting your work do the talking.

They've tied that in with other things about how MT is working to create an Alabama or Ohio State type environment with his program, similar to how Saban and Tressel built those programs to new levels with a professional approach and engagement with the community & state population.

I guess I was operating under the misconception that all coaches did that! It seems kinda fundamental that you won’t have music going during practice and that they would teach guys not to be A-holes and let their play do the talking.

I was a FHCMM supporter during his time here (up until the crying at Nebraska) but man I’m starting to really dislike the guy.

I guess I was operating under the misconception that all coaches did that! It seems kinda fundamental that you won’t have music going during practice and that they would teach guys not to be A-holes and let their play do the talking.

I was a FHCMM supporter during his time here (up until the crying at Nebraska) but man I’m starting to really dislike the guy.

I’m sure most schools preach it but it’s fairly obvious lots of coaches don’t care. We all know the schools that always have issues, constantly taunt other teams etc. I’m very impressed with MT and the way he handles his business and how he comes across, he’s very professional. I’m seeing what RG saw in him and I think that he’s going to be successful here. He’s not blowing hot air, he’s practicing what he’s preaching. I’m excited for not only this season but what the next 2-3 years will bring.

I’ve got a feeling that the backside screen to CU1 is going to be in the arsenal this year, likely first against NU and then frequently throughout the year especially against rush lines.

The music at practice started with Chip Kelly at Oregon. They wanted to hype tempo and simulate crowd noise. At least, that was the rationale for it.

If it’s interfering with coaching, that’s counterproductive obviously. But inherently, it has some positive effects.

The music at practice started with Chip Kelly at Oregon. They wanted to hype tempo and simulate crowd noise. At least, that was the rationale for it.

If it’s interfering with coaching, that’s counterproductive obviously. But inherently, it has some positive effects.
It has uses during game week IMO. As you said, it helps simulate crowd noise. During training camp, when they are just trying to teach them how to play football, I can see how it wouldn't help things.

I don't think music/no music at practice really has anything to do professionalism or whatever. Plenty of NFL teams have music playing, and I assume plenty of good college programs do as well. It's a preference from coach to coach and probably has more to do with lessening any kind of distractions that might take away from players learning a brand new system.

That’s funny, Broncos new coach prohibits music while practicing. He wants to be able to hear and coach and says when it’s time to simulate crowd noise, they’ll pump in actual crowd noise because music isn’t crowd noise. I’m the no music way, you don’t listen to music while you play.

Back