What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

Yikes...seems like the DL depth might not be there yet but I like Sauvao making that move.

Adam & Brian have talked quite a bit on their post-practice reports about how there's an NFL businesslike thing going on. No music at practice, which makes it so you hear everything with the coaching, contact, etc. The physicality when playing in shells. And this part with doing your job and behaving like a professional by letting your work do the talking.

They've tied that in with other things about how MT is working to create an Alabama or Ohio State type environment with his program, similar to how Saban and Tressel built those programs to new levels with a professional approach and engagement with the community & state population.

Here's an article about the last guy that brought "an NFL" type mentality. Remember how that worked out? I'm not saying its the same, but I hate the idea that bringing an NFL mentality is the magic potion. Hope MT isn't making the same mistake.

Howell and Howell saying Safety play could be marginally improved from last year due to improved depth? The Kool-Aid is running strong even in a guy who isn't traditionally an overt cheerleader!

Chev on Arias yesterday
“He’s come a long way since he first got here,” receivers coach Darrin Chiaverini said. “He was a big, strong, fast kid but very raw. In the last year you’ve seen him really develop his intermediate run-route ability and he can stretch the field like nobody in the conference. Him and Viska, if you got them in a race, they’re probably neck and neck.

The problem wasn’t the NFL approach Embree supposedly took. It was that he was a ****ty coach.
Yup, don't care what the approach is if the coaches aren't very good at coaching it.

JE (and his staff) preached discipline and self-control yet lacked it themselves.

I am not as close to the program as some others here but my impression is that HCMT is in absolute control over his actions, his words, and his staff. They model what they expect, not just talk (scream) about it.

I think you are just making stuff up man. Landman isn'g going to be running a 4.6, especially at over 240 pounds which is 10 more than what he weighs right now. Kuechly was a sideline to sideline player at BC, he made a **** ton of tackles everywhere on the field. To put it in perspective, he had almost double the amount of tackles in his last year at BC as Landman did this past year so no their production isn't close. Landman is better in the box, he consistently shoots gaps getting more tackles for loss and is a better pass rusher but he is not the same type of athlete and full coverage guy as Kuechly.
Just curious..... How fast does Landman run, or how fast will he run in the future, in your opinion?

That kid flashes to the ball. Pretty sure you are wrong.

Here's an article about the last guy that brought "an NFL" type mentality. Remember how that worked out? I'm not saying its the same, but I hate the idea that bringing an NFL mentality is the magic potion. Hope MT isn't making the same mistake.

You can't compare Embo to Mel Tucker dude. Embree had never been anything more than an NFL position coach before he came back here, and would not have gotten a sniff at this gig had he not played here. Tucker has been an interim HC in the NFL, spent a decade in the NFL as a coordinator, worked for Nick Saban at three different schools, has been an assistant for two different national championship winners (and coached in a 3rd NCG at UGA). Jon Embree is a hell of a Buff, but his resume isn't close to that of Tucker's.

Who does Summers mention at 3:37 in this free video where he's talking about young DL guys? He mentions Rodman and then someone else, then moves on to Austin Williams. I cannot for the life of me figure out who he is talking about between those two.

Who does Summers mention at 3:37 in this free video where he's talking about young DL guys? He mentions Rodman and then someone else, then moves on to Austin Williams. I cannot for the life of me figure out who he is talking about between those two.
He only mentions two guys. I think you are hearing him say Na'im Rodman is a "good player" in a southern accent.

I would have never expected that. Worth a try, though. He's a good athlete, so put him in a new position where he has a better chance to succeed rather than make the same mistake the program did with Ento. Hope it works out.

Yeah even with Luckett and Thomas moving to CB, the Buffs are rolling at least 9 deep at WR in 2019 of guys who will/can legitimately contribute, and that number will be about the same in 2020. Besides, Mims is good enough to jump a number of those guys as a true freshman anyways.

Back