What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

we do look loaded at wideout. mo bell!

it almost makes me wonder if the go-fast grass basketball no huddle offense we tried last year might be the right choice to get all these guys into position.

nice to read/hear the o line is improving and the RBs are starting to do something and the TEs are being used, etc. but, if we are going to see a bunch of high scoring games, i hope we find ways to score quickly.

always something. of course, we basically have no real idea what the offense is going to look like in real action.

it almost makes me wonder if the go-fast grass basketball no huddle offense we tried last year might be the right choice to get all these guys into position.

nice to read/hear the o line is improving and the RBs are starting to do something and the TEs are being used, etc. but, if we are going to see a bunch of high scoring games, i hope we find ways to score quickly.

always something. of course, we basically have no real idea what the offense is going to look like in real action.
You really want to do that to our CB’s?

If the defense is CU's Achilles heel would the Buffs be better off trying to slow down the game or are they better going with their perceived strength
and light up the scoreboard ?

If the defense is CU's Achilles heel would the Buffs be better off trying to slow down the game or are they better going with their perceived strength
Need to see the new rushing attack to see if we can actually dictate the pace.

Ball control. This team being able to have ball control and run down the clock will be huge for this team. If we get up a few scores and go full stupid again it’s going to make for a lot of frustrating Saturdays.

Feels like one of these "I'm not pleased" type of pressers is almost obligatory each fall camp. At this point the team has been at it for three weeks and it's possible that fatigue/complacency has set in. I'm not really concerned about it. A public calling out is also probably a tactic to get the team to work harder.

Feels like one of these "I'm not pleased" type of pressers is almost obligatory each fall camp. At this point the team has been at it for three weeks and it's possible that fatigue/complacency has set in. I'm not really concerned about it. A public calling out is also probably a tactic to get the team to work harder.
As long as it doesn't start a trend, its all good. Only 5 or 6 more "camp" practices before true game prep begins.

As long as it doesn't start a trend, its all good. Only 5 or 6 more "camp" practices before true game prep begins.
I'll tell you what I'm way more concerned about right now: players getting too banged up before the season even starts. With the lack of depth at a lot of positions it's really important that people stay healthy. I had a friend who played JuCo football and he had a coach whose strategy was for the team to be "the best conditioned". My friend told me that the result was that they went so hard in practice that everyone was banged up and exhausted by gameday.
Now, unlike some random JuCo coach, Tucker has a great reputation and he's been with some of the best coaches in the sport, so I'm sure he knows how to pace things so that there's adequate recovery time before games. But, ever since I heard him talk about how hard they were going to hit in practice and how they were going to be the best conditioned team on the field, what my friend told me has been in the back of my mind. After hearing about some of our best players being held out of a scrimmage because they were too banged up, I'm way more worried about injuries and fatigue than I am about them not starting practice at 100% intensity on August 19th.

I'll tell you what I'm way more concerned about right now: players getting too banged up before the season even starts. With the lack of depth at a lot of positions it's really important that people stay healthy. I had a friend who played JuCo football and he had a coach whose strategy was for the team to be "the best conditioned". My friend told me that the result was that they went so hard in practice that everyone was banged up and exhausted by gameday.
Now, unlike some random JuCo coach, Tucker has a great reputation and he's been with some of the best coaches in the sport, so I'm sure he knows how to pace things so that there's adequate recovery time before games. But, ever since I heard him talk about how hard they were going to hit in practice and how they were going to be the best conditioned team on the field, what my friend told me has been in the back of my mind. After hearing about some of our best players being held out of a scrimmage because they were too banged up, I'm way more worried about injuries and fatigue than I am about them not starting practice at 100% intensity on August 19th.
Cabral seemed to like the intensity out there. Now is the time to practice hard. If they are doing it two days before CSU, well, that's different. I'm more concerned about whether Tucker's defensive chops hold up when he doesn't have a talent advantage myself.

I expect them to ratchet things down a couple notches at some point this week and ease into "game week" style practices. If they are still going full bore next week, I will definitely start to share your concerns.

I expect them to ratchet things down a couple notches at some point this week and ease into "game week" style practices. If they are still going full bore next week, I will definitely start to share your concerns.
Yeah, I fully expect CSU install/game planning to begin at some point this week (it has definitely already begun for the coaches), with the contact starting to get less and less.

Then he stays.
Does he have the athletic ability to play safety?
I dont know if he does
He certainly does. He tests very well and is a willing hitter. It's a late start, but the kid will play STs I am confident from go. Very smart and athletic. I do hear his boxing career is a no-go.

Back