What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

I think offense will be good, defense will be bad. But this makes me optimistic, because tucker is a great defensive coach. That would be an easier problem for him to solve than if we had a good defense but bad offense

He certainly does. He tests very well and is a willing hitter. It's a late start, but the kid will play STs I am confident from go. Very smart and athletic. I do hear his boxing career is a no-go.
How do you know he is a willing hitter?From what we seen he moves well for a qb, but for a safety? He tests well? For a qb or saftey? Dont get me wrong, hope he does well and plays, just have my doubts.

On the topic that we should be concerned about Noyer moving to Safety being a reflection of our poor depth....I don’t understand the response to this, as if it’s being done so that he can play now. We have at least a two deep at Safety that ensures Noyer won’t be seeing the field anytime soon. This is a move to clear up the QB board IMO, plain and simple. On that note, anyone else notice in the most recent pictures, that Delrick Abrams was in a blue jersey? 😐

EDIT: Noyer playing on special teams could result in some pretty interesting fake/trick play opportunities.

Last edited:
On the topic that we should be concerned about Noyer moving to Safety being a reflection of our poor depth....I don’t understand the response to this, as if it’s being done so that he can play now. We have at least a two deep at Safety that ensures Noyer won’t be seeing the field anytime soon. This is a move to clear up the QB board IMO, plain and simple. On that note, anyone else notice in the most recent pictures, that Delrick Abrams was in a blue jersey? 😐

EDIT: Noyer playing on special teams could result in some pretty interesting fake/trick play opportunities.
Also, speaks to the depth we now have at TE. That is a much more common move for a former QB.

I'm feeling much better about cornerback than safety right now.

“They brought an animal out of me, to be honest,” Blackmon said of the coaches. “I’m going to be used much more than I was last year.”

Blackmon and Abrams are solid. It's the depth and Safety that's the problem

Put them together and Slim and Blackmon maybe weight about 320 lbs. Tucker demands his CBs tackle in the run game. Put those two together and it's not a pretty sight.

If the redeemer of the corn can make the switch to safety, Noyer should be able to. Maybe it’ll free someone like Udofia to return to corner.

As one of the people who bought that theory up, I was thinking more in terms of 2020.....than anything. Noyer could be an option as a wildcat QB, too.

People are thinking way too hard about this Noyer thing.
Agreed. Sorry to say it, but this move was done to clear the move for Lytle to move to QB2 this year and QB1 next year without issue. Noyer won't ever get any real time at safety barring massive injuries, but he does get to stay on the team and get a free degree. Wins for all.

Agreed. Sorry to say it, but this move was done to clear the move for Lytle to move to QB2 this year and QB1 next year without issue. Noyer won't ever get any real time at safety barring massive injuries, but he does get to stay on the team and get a free degree. Wins for all.
Would not agree with that part of the statement at all. If I had to put money on it, I'd say my money is on either a Grad Transfer or Lewis at QB1

I like this idea, however I think it may say more about Stenstrom, he might have really come on strong. Maybe Noyer was 4th on the depth chart?
Or this is just the start of HCMT getting rid of the QBs to get in more of a dual threat.

Back