What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

Would not agree with that part of the statement at all. If I had to put money on it, I'd say my money is on either a Grad Transfer or Lewis at QB1
This is about competition. No way Lytle ascends to throne automatically next year. If he was that good, he’d be challenging Montez now. Additionally, is he the prototype dual threat they want? Absolutely no way (unless he’s made a monster jump)

This is about competition. No way Lytle ascends to throne automatically next year. If he was that good, he’d be challenging Montez now. Additionally, is he the prototype dual threat they want? Absolutely no way (unless he’s made a monster jump)
I don't think they only want dual threat QBs. Like UGA, I think they want some of both.

I've been saying for days now that the kool aid was too strong. I'm going way out on a limb in saying that GB still has the program at heart and he knows that people are listening to the media reports and so I'm hoping he is playing the chess game a little bit opting for the "under promise over deliver" angle. My hope is that he is down playing everything. If he's telling it like it is it's going to be a long year. Goodness he makes it sound like MT is working with scraps "no way they can even think about CSU"

Noyer's interview post practice was telling. Sounds like there are a number of injuries at Safety, and they are actually counting on him potentially playing if needed. Scary.

Re: GB, i didn't hear his comments as being quite as doomsday as some of you. What I heard him saying was that we have some younger depth that really needs time to develop, and that's where they really need to be focusing their energy right now. That's what I hope anyway. I too, am quite nervous now

Noyer's interview post practice was telling. Sounds like there are a number of injuries at Safety, and they are actually counting on him potentially playing if needed. Scary.

Re: GB, i didn't hear his comments as being quite as doomsday as some of you. What I heard him saying was that we have some younger depth that really needs time to develop, and that's where they really need to be focusing their energy right now. That's what I hope anyway. I too, am quite nervous now
That's a weird take.

A number of injuries? More than one?

Noyer was talking himself up like he thinks he has a shot to play.

But what exactly are we going to expect him to say? "Yeah I got moved because I'm not good enough at QB and I don't really know how to play safety at this level but I switched so I could stay on the team"

Where did you get they're counting on him playing? If he's playing after practicing at safety for two weeks they're in big, big trouble.
Sam Noyer's post practice interview....he talks about the conversation that he and MT had about the switch. MT said "we could use your athletic abilities on the field". Then at ~1:55, Sam says, "you know, it's a little thin back there right now with some injuries and stuff"

Sam Noyer's post practice interview....he talks about the conversation that he and MT had about the switch. MT said "we could use your athletic abilities on the field". Then at ~1:55, Sam says, "you know, it's a little thin back there with some injuries and stuff"
You're still projecting.

You're still projecting.
Nope, read my first post again. I never said he is going to play, as you seem to infer. I said that it sounds thin back there (per his quote), and "they are actually counting on him potentially playing if needed" Meaning, further injuries might force him on the field if he needs to be.

He did have a nasty habit of losing the 1st game.
It'd be a gross mismanagement of time to not spend at least 10+ practices on prepping for the first game, particularly when it's an in-state "rival" and game one of a hyped coaching era. Without actually saying it, the game is a must win for Tucker.

Y'all got doom and gloom from that interview? Huh?

GB stating the coaches don't get the privilege of extra practices to have a better idea of the depth chart is some indictment?
There are players, but there are depth issues, especially between 1s and 2s at some position groups. This issue could affect the season.

Sheesh! Why does everybody here,long-timers included, seem to believe that this bunch is the only team that suffers injuries, banged-up players, lacks "depth" (when what they really mean is "experienced subs")....and on and on? I can see that attitude in stoopid, lazy journo types, but c'mon!

Every team the Buffs face is gonna have the same problems as us. Nobody hits the field with 22 perfectly healthy, junior-level 4-star athletes on either side of the ball, every single week! (Okay, Clemson and the Tide excepted---maybe)

Back