What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2021 Football Season Prediction Thread

How many regular season wins will CU have in 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6Tuk5Uz.gif

I am so ****ing stupid. I knew I was right in my initial reaction after Mel Tucker left and we hired KD. The fact that I was enticed to believe that we would win more than 2 games this years should tell you all how much of an optimist I am
Same, but I would say NOBODY saw this level of suck coming. I didn’t think Lewis could possibly be this bad and didn’t expect the coaching to look significantly worse than last year.

Same, but I would say NOBODY saw this level of suck coming. I didn’t think Lewis could possibly be this bad and didn’t expect the coaching to look significantly worse than last year.
The thing is, I still think I was relatively accurate with my assessment of the talent….but **** me, can’t do anything with it because OL and QB play

The thing is, I still think I was relatively accurate with my assessment of the talent.
I honestly expected 4-5 wins. I felt like I was being fairly negative, but realistic.

I felt bad for being realistic, which is why I didn't pump my thoughts much - I hate being the guy that brings everyone else's optimism down.

I did not expect to be looking at a 1 or 2, maybe 3 if we're really lucky type of season.

But here we are...

I voted less than three wins but explained that I thought we would get three. What do I win?

I honestly expected 4-5 wins. I felt like I was being fairly negative, but realistic.

I felt bad for being realistic, which is why I didn't pump my thoughts much - I hate being the guy that brings everyone else's optimism down.

I did not expect to be looking at a 1 or 2, maybe 3 if we're really lucky type of season.

But here we are...
I said 5 W's. I really thought adding Wray and getting Filip back would stabilize the OL. I thought last year's OL play was not bad at all. They are worse this year, which is a mystery. I thought the QB situation would have some growing pains, but coupled with a pretty solid D, CU would win some, but fall just short of bowl eligibility.

Actually, I overestimated the P12S. Pretty much everybody not named fUCLA looks pretty bad. The problem is, however much I overestimated the P12S as a whole, I overestimated CU by a factor of 3. AZ may be the only P12 game CU really has a good shot at. Even Oregon St. in the P12Norte has played well.

This weekend will tell a lot. If a down USC squad comes into Folsom and curb stomps the Buffs, then AZ might be the only P12 game that CU wins. If CU gets up off the canvas and at least makes it respectable, there may be some hope. If CU somehow shakes off the SC slump, I am going to buy a lottery ticket immediately after the game.

Last edited:
I said 5 W's. I really thought adding Wray and getting Filip back would stabilize the OL. I thought last year's OL play was not bad at all. They are worse this year, which is a mystery.
Is it though?

Is it though?
Fair question. Yes, I think the OL is worse. Last year's version wasn't dominating, but they ran the zone running plays fairly well. Brou had some holes.

Outside of some moments in the 3d and 4th Q of the ASU game, they really did not open up holes against any of the P5 opponents yet this year. Even against UNC, the real success was a stretch play where the RB simply outran the defenders to the edge. Pass pro has been much worse this year.

Part of it, of course, is a new QB. I imagine defenses are loading the box more. I think Lewis has a pretty huge upside, but he is having a trial by fire, and all that entails. So there is more pressure on him, and the OL.

The offense has simply been ineffective, to put it as mildly as possible.

Fair question. Yes, I think the OL is worse. Last year's version wasn't dominating, but they ran the zone running plays fairly well. Brou had some holes.

Outside of some moments in the 3d and 4th Q of the ASU game, they really did not open up holes against any of the P5 opponents yet this year. Even against UNC, the real success was a stretch play where the RB simply outran the defenders to the edge. Pass pro has been much worse this year.

Part of it, of course, is a new QB. I imagine defenses are loading the box more. I think Lewis has a pretty huge upside, but he is having a trial by fire, and all that entails. So there is more pressure on him, and the OL.

You misinterpreted my question.

I wasn't questioning whether it worse. It most definitely is.

I was questioning whether or not there's a "mystery" as to why.

You misinterpreted my question.

I wasn't questioning whether it worse. It most definitely is.

I was questioning whether or not there's a "mystery" as to why.
Sorry. I missed your point. My bad. No, it probably isn't really a mystery. I think we all know, I was just trying to be nice about it.

I agree with your view. To counter, Chev needs to run quick hit run and pass plays. Seems like all our schemes and plays are very slow developed

I had to go back and look. Not sure what I was thinking when I said 7 wins 🤣

In my defense I thought Clayton was going to break out along with JBrew continuing. We would see Shenault and Rice with Stanley stretching the field, and a stout D.

I had to go back and look. Not sure what I was thinking when I said 7 wins 🤣

In my defense I thought Clayton was going to break out along with JBrew continuing. We would see Shenault and Rice with Stanley stretching the field, and a stout D.

Honestly, the difference in the offense immediately post-Rodrigue firing makes me think that if we had had a real offensive line coach this whole time, we might have won a couple more games. We've drifted back toward the norm the past 6 quarters, but that's because of the inescapable fact that our OC is garbage.

I voted for 4, but didn't really flesh out a big why because it was pre-season and I don't like to be debbie downer in pre-season threads where we should be trying to get some optimism for the season.

I figured we would win UNC & UA, and then split Minn, Cal, OSU & UCLA, with no hope against USC (until we finally beat them one time, I'm never picking this as a win no matter bad they are), ASU, UU, UW and UO.

Way too early 2022:
W: UA
L: Minn, UCLA, USC, UU, ASU, UO
Split: AFA, TCU, Cal, OSU, UW

so 3.5 wins - I'm an optimist, so I'll call it 4.

Back