What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022-23 MBB Season Thread

How many regular season wins?

• Total voters
It feels like a Xmas morning when your parents told you that presents wouldn't be opened until after church and visits with extended family.

But, damnit, it's OPENING DAY!!!!

6:30pm.

UC Riverside.

it's on dance crew GIF by South Park

Saw a quote recently from Izzo (Spartans got spanked by Tennessee in a scrimmage) he said Tennessee is FF good. So everyone shouldn't be surprised if that game doesn't go well.

They've got a lot of experience and a lot of talent and it's in Nashville so not so neutral, neutral game.

We will get to 21 and need to convince folks in the tourney in Vegas. This team will be very good by the end of the season.

19. This seems like a year we win a major upset at home but then lay a couple horrible stinkers on the road that keep us from tourney contention.

Top 5 seed in the NIT and build for a big year in ‘23/‘24

Not a ton of great games today. Below seem like the highlights. Nothing really good until Friday/the weekend.

Memphis- Vanderbilt
Auburn- George Mason
South Dakota- Wisconsin
Oral Roberts- St. Mary's
Oregon State- Tulsa
Edit: Murray State and St. Louis will be another goodie

Side note: Really hope Oregon State can beat Tulsa and not be a 3-28 team this year that hurts everyone's NET, RPI etc.

Last edited:
Help an old man out. I can't for the life of me figure out FF. I need to know so I can continue to look cool to my 12yos.
i almost asked after searching urban dictionary (decided 'friends forever' or 'foot fkcuer' weren't it) and general google (turns out 'FF Good' is a font name)

I went with 19 regular season wins. Winning on the road is still hard in college basketball. There will be a dumb game along the way that we drop. The Myrtle Beach tourney is a good field, winning two games there is most likely a good result. We don't get to play Arizona at home this year, so to get to 20 I think it means we have to beat both UCLA and Oregon at home, or one of UCLA/Oregon/Arizona on the road. 2-3 against those teams is a pretty solid result with the way the home/road splits, if we exceed that this team is really damn good.

I'm used to seeing that abbreviated "F4" but yeah, it fits. not sure why my head didn't go there.
To clear up the confusion yes FF=Final Four! Guess if I'm going to do something like that I should be consistent EE=Elite Eight, SS= sweet 16. Or I can just spare the extra two seconds and type it out. haha

It will come down to 6 Toss Up games to determine whether we hit 19 and go to the NIT or hit 22/23 and go dancing.

UC Riverside W
Grambling W
@ Tennessee L
UMASS T/U
Myrtle Beach W L
Yale W
ASU W
@ Washington T/U
CSU W
N. Alabama W
UNC W
S. Utah W
@ Stanford T/U
@ Cal W
Oregon T/U
OSU W
@ USC L
@ UCLA L
Wash W
Wazzu W
@ Oregon L
@ OSU W
Cal W
Stanford W
@ Utah W
@ ASU T/U
@ Arizona L
USC T/U
UCLA L
Utah W
Pac 12 Tourney W L

To clear up the confusion yes FF=Final Four! Guess if I'm going to do something like that I should be consistent EE=Elite Eight, SS= sweet 16. Or I can just spare the extra two seconds and type it out. haha
I was really rooting for it be "foot ****er"

It will come down to 6 Toss Up games to determine whether we hit 19 and go to the NIT or hit 22/23 and go dancing.

UC Riverside W
Grambling W
@ Tennessee L
UMASS T/U
Myrtle Beach W L
Yale W
ASU W
@ Washington T/U
CSU W
N. Alabama W
UNC W
S. Utah W
@ Stanford T/U
@ Cal W
Oregon T/U
OSU W
@ USC L
@ UCLA L
Wash W
Wazzu W
@ Oregon L
@ OSU W
Cal W
Stanford W
@ Utah W
@ ASU T/U
@ Arizona L
USC T/U
UCLA L
Utah W
Pac 12 Tourney W L
Pretty much where I came out. I think the UCLA home game can reasonably be a toss-up though. Any game in Boulder is winnable. It's also reasonable that we get a split in LA, that we win or lose both games in the bay area, and that we lose all 3 on the 3 game road trip.

We will get to 21 and need to convince folks in the tourney in Vegas. This team will be very good by the end of the season.
If we win 21 regular season games, we'd likely be a shoe-in for the NCAA tournament. Have to think the NET would be too good since winning 21 likely means we won all the SHOULD win games and took a couple from likely ranked teams.

Is it too soon to discuss Stanford being so fvcking overrated by everyone yet again? Christ, when will people learn?

I predicted 23 wins. I'm sure that is overly optimistic but I need to balance out my pessimism towards the football program.

Last edited:
Is it too soon to discuss Stanford being so fvcking overrated by everyone yet again? Christ, when will people learn?
They land a couple good recruits every year, and the media keeps expecting them to finally be well coached. Signs point to that not happening yet again.

Saw a quote recently from Izzo (Spartans got spanked by Tennessee in a scrimmage) he said Tennessee is FF good. So everyone shouldn't be surprised if that game doesn't go well.

They've got a lot of experience and a lot of talent and it's in Nashville so not so neutral, neutral game.
Vols also spanked Gonzaga by 20 in another exhibition. Led in scoring by a transfer from Indiana St.

UC Riverside W
Grambling W
@ Tennessee L
UMASS T/U
Myrtle Beach W L
Yale W
ASU W
@ Washington T/U
CSU W
N. Alabama W
UNC W
S. Utah W
@ Stanford T/U
@ Cal W
Oregon T/U
OSU W
@ USC L
@ UCLA L
Wash W
Wazzu W
@ Oregon L
@ OSU W
Cal W
Stanford W
@ Utah W
@ ASU T/U
@ Arizona L
USC T/U
UCLA L
Utah W
Pac 12 Tourney W L
Need that Umass game to set us up for better quad games in that tourney.

Back