What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Tad's gonna ride them to get that D number up.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Watching the games in person it looks like this season's team is very efficient on offense. They move the ball very, very well and and there are very few empty possessions. Also, there are no egos. KJ and TdS haven't been forcing things when they have the ball in their hands.

Tad stated on his post game show it's the best passing team he has had . . . he then backed up and pointed out that thee competition is going to get tougher starting with Richmond.

Watching the games in person it looks like this season's team is very efficient on offense. They move the ball very, very well and and there are very few empty possessions. Also, there are no egos. KJ and TdS haven't been forcing things when they have the ball in their hands.

Tad stated on his post game show it's the best passing team he has had . . . he then backed up and pointed out that thee competition is going to get tougher starting with Richmond.

When I was at the game last Friday, how well they pass the ball and waited for the right shot stood out to me too

When I was at the game last Friday, how well they pass the ball and waited for the right shot stood out to me too
Yeh - I can count on less than one hand how many times a Buff took a shot and I thought "that wasn't a good idea." One of the reasons for the high shooting % is the wide open looks created on the perimeter as well as cuts to the basket that get layups. The shooters look relaxed and confident. Also, the spacing and timing is right on.

In the Milwaukee game CU didn't score get a ton of baskets in transition, they were just methodical in the half court and they went over 100. At one point in the second half KJ went out with 18 points. I turned to my son and said I would have guest he had about 8 points given how easy everything came.

Cody, Diop and Dak are really, really thin (in order of less to more thin). All of them look like they might still be growing. Obviously they are long and Cody exemplified this on his dunk in the last game. When he went up I thought he was too far from the basket to dunk, but he did.

Cody bringing the ball up with court is a good thing. He sees the court like a point guard. Had a couple of eye catching passes one was in transition that led to a layup and the other was a full court pass that led to a dunk. With a lack of true guards available this season he is going to get time as the primary ball handler.

Cody, Diop and Dak are really, really thin (in order of less to more thin). All of them look like they might still be growing. Obviously they are long and Cody exemplified this on his dunk in the last game. When he went up I thought he was too far from the basket to dunk, but he did.

Cody bringing the ball up with court is a good thing. He sees the court like a point guard. Had a couple of eye catching passes one was in transition that led to a layup and the other was a full court pass that led to a dunk. With a lack of true guards available this season he is going to get time as the primary ball handler.
Tad mentioned that one of the 'Ds", I can't remember which, had put on 20 pounds since arriving.
There have been a lot of skinny guys, of fairly recent African heritage, who have shown they are very tough and strong athletes. M Bol is a good example. Many distance runners. Their lighter weight is a disadvantage when pushing and shoving, but they are tough men.
Tad said he and Dak had long discussions about him redshirting, and Dak said 'no way'.
A repeat: I think if they can up their games maybe 5 -10%, the Ds will be huge in our tournament run.
(I'm sure some allbuffer will call me a racist, for commenting on body-types, but so what?)

Last edited:
Tad mentioned that one of the 'Ds", I can't remember which, had put on 20 pounds since arriving.
There have been a lot of skinny guys, of fairly recent African heritage, who have shown they are very tough and strong athletes. M Bol is a good example. Many distance runners. Their lighter weight is a disadvantage when pushing and shoving, but they are tough men.
Tad said he and Dak had long discussions about him redshirting, and Dak said 'no way'.
A repeat: I think if they can up their games maybe 5 -10%, the Ds will be huge in our tournament run.
(I'm sure some allbuffer will call me a racist, for commenting on body-types, but so what?)
Assane Diop added 20lbs in the offseason.

It's ok for basketball players to be skinny as long as they're strong. Over the next few years, we need D&D to get their bodies like LOB. That's my expectation.

Rooney has an article about how well the "Five - out" offense is working for the Buffs.
I had never heard of it.
A system where players don't play specific positions (i.e: center, forward). The coaching article I saw, says it's great for youth and senior teams.

"The 5-out motion offense is a fantastic primary offense for basketball teams at any level, but especially youth basketball teams.

It’s a positionless offense that relies on spacing the floor and a set of rules that assists players to determine their movements and actions.

Due to players making decisions and reading the play of their teammates and defenders, the 5-out motion offense is great for teaching players how to play basketball."

Looks like Mikey Williams could end up playing afterall.

When I got a Weld CCW permit, you could still take the gun safety course online. It was 20 questions and if you failed (I didn't), you could retake the test 3 more times within the hour.

When I got a Weld CCW permit, you could still take the gun safety course online. It was 20 questions and if you failed (I didn't), you could retake the test 3 more times within the hour.
that's a low bar to clear

Let's be honest. That Florida State loss might end up hurting more than it helps.

Back