What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Bowl Games Thread

ahoelsken

I know the CFP freak out thread has been busy today, but I thought we outta have a thread about the rest of these bowl games.

One that stands out to me is the Armed Forces Bowl-Air Force's ground attack vs. James Madison's run D should be really interesting to watch.

Rob Gronkowski Dancing GIF by WWE
I Am Ready New England Patriots GIF by GQ

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 11.04.15 am.png
Lot to unpack here

I havent watched a single bowl game yet. I forgot that some were even on 😂
Same. I'm just not that interested since these are not the same teams from last month after the portal entries and coaching changes. If I watch any, it's because I simply like college football, but there's a lot of "vacation reward for a good season with an exhibition game" vibe to these.

Same. I'm just not that interested since these are not the same teams from last month after the portal entries and coaching changes. If I watch any, it's because I simply like college football, but there's a lot of "vacation reward for a good season with an exhibition game" vibe to these.
Same. They are dreadfully bad productions. Parodies, really.

I watched some of UCF and GT last night. I generally watch TV while making dinner for everyone. It was hard to get into it and it went to mute when Dinner was served and off when Dinner was done.

An affect the CFP has had is that all these bowls are just exhibition games. Which also means anyone headed for the NFL probably isnt gonna play. With recruiting dates moving up these also seem less important (early v feb)

Last edited:
I watched some of UCF and GT last night. I generally watch TV while making dinner for everyone. It was hard to get into it and it went to mute when Dinner was served and off when Dinner was done.

An affect the CFP has had is that all these bowls are just exhibition games.
It's not because of the CFP though.

That was a game between two 6-6 teams. The Gasparilla/St. Pete Bowl is only 15 years old.

It's been a meaningless exhibition game from its inception.

The Air Force game is the first one I've watched. Doesn't feel like an exhibition for the Zoomies-especially with the ugly finish to their season.

Just started it because I had basketball today-Air Force's offense is such a pain to gameplan.....even for a run defense as good as JMU. John Lee Eldridge (who had one big play on the ground from what I've seen-about a quarter and half in) is in the portal. He'd look really good in a CU uniform next year.

Last edited:
You can't honestly tell me that even with our sh!t OLine this year we wouldn't beat Northwestern by 2 scores on a neutral field. They have ZERO athletes.

Back