What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Bowl Games Thread

Okay, so someone explain to me why the game clock didn't start when the play clock did after the injury to Washington's RB. Why would you penalize a team like that in that situation? Seems dumb.

You and the rest of the country seemed to not pay attention to the best passer in the country. He struggled with a few dings mid season, but he’s healthy now….when they cut from the UM/BAMA game to show him warming up with a big relaxed smile on his face, I expected him to do big things tonight. He delivered
You mean because I haven’t seen a UDub game? I was super impressed.

Okay, so someone explain to me why the game clock didn't start when the play clock did after the injury to Washington's RB. Why would you penalize a team like that in that situation? Seems dumb.
Because that’s the rule, dammit. Plus you don’t want guys faking injuries to give their team time to rest or strategize or whatever.

You mean because I haven’t seen a UDub game? I was super impressed.
More, I think UW was undervalued late in the season and seemed to be played down by the media. I thought Penix should have won the Heisman (Similar numbers to Daniels, but leading an undefeated team), but his dip in performance mid/late season due to playing dinged up was used against him and he didn’t get much love. Hell, UO was favored to beat them by 10 and they controlled that game. They were a dog in this game too…..

Luckily, I was able to set the DVR to record the game from my phone. Watched the 2nd half.

What a game from Penix. Dime after dime. And I didn't even see the first half.

Because that’s the rule, dammit. Plus you don’t want guys faking injuries to give their team time to rest or strategize or whatever.

See I guess I don't why anyone who is ahead in the last 2 minutes (or whatever the time frame where they make these rules take effect) wanting the clock to stop. Everything should focus on player safety. The way the rules are incentivizes the leading team to hide an injury, since an injury severely hurts your team. Just treat it like a regular play where the game clock starts when the play clock does.

More, I think UW was undervalued late in the season and seemed to be played down by the media. I thought Penix should have won the Heisman (Similar numbers to Daniels, but leading an undefeated team), but his dip in performance mid/late season due to playing dinged up was used against him and he didn’t get much love. Hell, UO was favored to beat them by 10 and they controlled that game. They were a dog in this game too…..

Plus dipshits in the Southern media thought that Daniels doing it in the "just means more conference" was so much more impressive than doing it in the Pac-12, even though I would wager Washington's and LSU's schedules weren't that much different in actual strength.

I'm too lazy to see if this data is actually out there, but if I had to guess, Nix and Penix took votes away from each other elsewhere, while Daniels ran away with the South.

It’s a crime that media money, awful Pac 12 management and greed killed the Pac 12. And screw USC and UCLA. None of this happens if they hold the line.

He feels like a guy who will get passed on because of injury concerns and go on to be make everyone who passed regret it. He seems to check every box you could possibly want for an NFL QB, something I’m not sure any other QB prospect in the draft does, including Williams and Maye
I actually see him as a really good career backup.

I don't think he's a high level prospect.

I think '23 UW is mildly reminiscent of '22 TCU, a lot of close wins with a senior QB always coming through in the big moments.

I think it's more than a little lazy as a comparison though.

Do you have daughters and nieces? Untalented, terribly choreographed dancing. But you’re not allowed to tell them how lazy and uninspired the routine was. And that they just wasted your time because their thirst for attention can never be quenched

go to 1:30

Last edited:
Cleared $112 yesterday on my parlay, not bad for a $5 bet. Glad UW didn't make me regret not cashing out for $70. Games are much more interesting when there is something on the line to keep me caring.

Cleared $112 yesterday on my parlay, not bad for a $5 bet. Glad UW didn't make me regret not cashing out for $70. Games are much more interesting when there is something on the line to keep me caring.
Really wanted to take Michigan before the game, just seemed like everyone was on Bama and a great opportunity to fade them. Glad I didn’t though as Michigan tried almost everything they could to throw that game down the ****ter and it was good to just sit back and enjoy Bama and Texas losing back to back.

I did place a money line live UT bet when they were down so that last play couldn’t have gone wrong for me!

If UM cleans up some of the idiocy they displayed at times yesterday, they are going to be very tough to beat. Their defense is unreal.

The biggest surprise, Atleast to me, is how well the Washington line held up against that nasty Texas D line. If they pull this off Monday night it would be a hell of a run three games in a row against 3 of the top 5 defensive fronts in college football.

Disney has had a brutal year. Texas/Bama missing the champ game is another body blow for Bob Iger
Nah, they will be fine. Michigan is better than Bama for ratings, the south watches the championship game regardless of who is playing and having a west coast team will probably help pull in eye balls from a part of the country that checks out when not involved. Texas would have been better for ratings than Washington but Michigan is better than Bama. The only downside is that eapn doesn’t own big 10 rights.

Back