What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Bowl Games Thread

Another thing I like about him is that if you watch him play a lot of his success comes with traffic in the pocket. Not necessarily guys close to sacking him but him having to be aware of it.

Some of the recent college QBs who have come out to big fanfare have played with dominating o-lines and are able to comfortably sit back there waiting for their receivers to get wide open. Penix has a good OL but he still has to frequently move to find open space to throw from and to pass the ball earlier than some of the others. This also means his reads need to be quicker and his throws more precise.

When these guys get to the NFL they aren't going to have big, clean pockets to work from.
I think he slides around in the pocket better than any college quaterback I have seen in recent memvory. I read that the abiltiy to move around in the pocket is one of the most important traits that NFL GM's are looking for.

I expect him to go very high in the draft.

He was a late first rounder from everything I've seen. What he did against a very good defense was not a fluke, IMO. Injury history is really his biggest downfall, which will be huge for him to overcome with a lot teams.
You reading any others?

Washington winning the natty would simultaneously represent everything that’s right about college football and everything that is wrong with it. I wonder if the people who effectively murdered the PAC 12 have any idea what they’ve done. Does UW winning create any kind of self awareness surrounding the demise of college football or do the perpetrators view it as some kind of validation? I.E. we wanted the best teams in two conferences and that’s what we got?

Not that I think he is bad by any stretch, but I am surprised to see some saying they see a lot of potential in McCarthy.
I think he is limited physically but he looks like the kind of guy that coaches fall in love with.

Washington winning the natty would simultaneously represent everything that’s right about college football and everything that is wrong with it. I wonder if the people who effectively murdered the PAC 12 have any idea what they’ve done. Does UW winning create any kind of self awareness surrounding the demise of college football or do the perpetrators view it as some kind of validation? I.E. we wanted the best teams in two conferences and that’s what we got?
I think it just proves that the Pac12 leadership for the last decade was incompetent and impotent.

The CU contribution to that PAC12 leadership, I present Dr. Phil DiStephano.

If even half of the other schools were represented by someone close to as incompetent the conference stood no chance.
Give Dr. Phil this-he wasn't buying Kliavkoff's bull**** last summer....as shown by the fact that he told conference officials we were leaving over text.

Give Dr. Phil this-he wasn't buying Kliavkoff's bull**** last summer....as shown by the fact that he told conference officials we were leaving over text.
But was that Phil or was it Saliman giving him his orders. I can see Phil sending the text to avoid having to give the news face to face.

Not that I think he is bad by any stretch, but I am surprised to see some saying they see a lot of potential in McCarthy.
He gives me the vibes of an NFL journeyman type. He will probably never start unless an injury keeps QB1 out for extended time. But he will come in and be serviceable. Fans will like him for being there when needed.

He throws exceptionally well on the run, but seems to brain fart a few times a game. I'm not sure I'd project him as elite at the next level.

The thing that struck me watching Penix is that he seems to have a really low release, like from the shoulder instead of more up high. So I just wonder if he’ll have a lot of balls batted or deflected.

The thing that struck me watching Penix is that he seems to have a really low release, like from the shoulder instead of more up high. So I just wonder if he’ll have a lot of balls batted or deflected.
I'm not as concerned with that in a 6'3" QB.

Looks like it was there. Maybe he panicked after the sh*t snap.

It was an RPO. Low snap threw off timing. He didn’t consider pass option to RB. MLB was chasing late. 1:1 WRs blocking vs DBs. Numbers. Bad snap. Bad timing. Bad decision.

It was an RPO. Low snap threw off timing. He didn’t consider pass option to RB. MLB was chasing late. 1:1 WRs blocking vs DBs. Numbers. Bad snap. Bad timing. Bad decision.

I don’t think it was RPO. Motion was used pull a LB out of the box. And you typically don’t pull a guard in RPO.

Milroe just needed to follow the pulling guard.

It will matter to some. Others not. He’ll get pulled apart in film, combine and whiteboard.
The media as usual will either make him the next coming or try to find every excuse to tear him down. It is what they do to draw viewers or readers and to fill the space leading up to the draft.

The opinions that matter are those of the scouts, GMs, and coaches and if they are listening to the media evaluations they deserve to lose their jobs.

And there aren't any teams lining up to pay me for my opinion.

The media as usual will either make him the next coming or try to find every excuse to tear him down. It is what they do to draw viewers or readers and to fill the space leading up to the draft.

The opinions that matter are those of the scouts, GMs, and coaches and if they are listening to the media evaluations they deserve to lose their jobs.

And there aren't any teams lining up to pay me for my opinion.
I like Brooks, Jeremiah and Walter Camp

I think they will just say "good thing this team will be in the Big 10"

Penix is not even a first rounder in half the NFL mock drafts I’ve seen. I’ve seen one where he went #11 to the Raiders, but none in the top ten.

You reading any others?
This was the first one I found and doesn't have Penix in the first.

Teams get desperate as we get closer to the draft. Outside of injury, somebody is going to hit with Penix

Compelling games that lived up to the hype.
And they took place on New Year's Day. I'd bet money this thing has done the best ratings wise when its there and not on New Year's Eve.

Still getting one QF game on NYE in the next 2 years. Move the one you can't play New Year's Day to the night of the 2nd in years where it doesn't conflict with the NFL. There's no reason anything other than games like the Alamo Bowl should be on New Year's Eve.

Back