What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Allbuffs CFB gambling thread

Analytics does a terrible job of taking game flow into account. There is no accounting for momentum in analytics either. I don’t know how you could calculate momentum, real deep analytics nerds say momentum doesn’t exist. Anyone who has ever played a sport ever in there life know that’s a load of bull****. You go ahead and be a slave to math that can’t account for everything, and keep kicking chicken **** field goals.
You think GB had RZ momentum? Came up empty on three throws in 1H. Then 2H as well.

You hitting that 16 after busting 23 times in a row.

You think GB had RZ momentum? Came up empty on three throws in 1H. Then 2H as well.

You hitting that 16 after busting 23 times in a row.
You think Green Bay was getting a stop after the way that entire game played out?

Where does it say it was the right decision? I’m curious where you’re getting your numbers.
First, there is no such thing as the right decision in this situation. There is the right mathematical decision though. There is a difference.

Matthew Davidow. Seth Walder also has info on it, although he’s on other side, but certainly close enough to make it a defensible discussion. I’m sure there are others.

First here is no such thing as the right decision in this situation. There is the right mathematical decision though. There is a difference.

Matthew Davidow. Seth Walder also has info on it, although he’s on other side, but certainly close enough to make it a defensible discussion. I’m sure there are others.

summer love GIF by America's Got Talent

Don’t know. I’m arguing analytics not hypotheticals.
A 27.5% chance versus a 25% chance is not playing in hypotheticals? Tampa had 14 3rd downs in that game. They were successful on 9 of them. Nothing hypothetical about that. Green Bay wasn’t getting the ball back.

A 27.5% chance versus a 25% chance is not playing in hypotheticals? Tampa had 14 3rd downs in that game. They were successful on 9 of them. Nothing hypothetical about that. Green Bay wasn’t getting the ball back.
We have been over that. You are repeating yourself.

We have been over that. You are repeating yourself.
Analytics is by definition hypotheticals. I’m not a dinosaur that doesn’t think analytics has a place in sports, but to be a slave to the math and think that FG was a good idea is ridiculous. Football, and sports in general, are not an equation.

Analytics is by definition hypotheticals. I’m not a dinosaur that doesn’t think analytics has a place in sports, but to be a slave to the math and think that FG was a good idea is ridiculous. Football, and sports in general, are not an equation.
It’s probabilities.

I’m done.

I’m not here to explain Moneyball to you.

Hit that 16. Don't waiver.

Enjoy your evening.
Thank God. Because you’re doing a horrible job explaining why kicking a FG was “mathematically correct.” Maybe don’t contradict yourself next time.

Thank God. Because you’re doing a horrible job explaining why kicking a FG was “mathematically correct.” Maybe don’t contradict yourself next time.
The odds of winning were greater by kicking the FG than for going for it according to an analytics expert.

Consistent stance. Every time, Moneyball Man.

Don't know if it falls within 'analytics', but when KC went for it on a 4th and 1 (3rd Q?), TV showed KC's last two 4th and short attempts, in other games, and sure enough, a little dump off pass to the right. B should have seen it coming.

Earlier this season, m state beat Rutgers by 23. Tonight ms was +3, so I bet on them. Rutgers wins 67 - 37.

I bought a little Draft Kings stock yesterday, as it's clear who the real winner is.

Free money alert Nuggets-Lakers 2/14, hammer the over promo on Draftkings, $25 max bet, total decreases by 1 for every 1000 bettors. The total starts at 200, so the game will likely go over that starting total, but the final total is going to be way lower. It’s already down to 128.

Last edited:
Free money alert: hammer the over promo on Draftkings, $25 max bet, total decreases by 1 for every 1000 bettors. The total starts at 200, so the game will likely go over that starting total, but the final total is going to be way lower. It’s already down to 128.
what game?

Back