What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Best Locations to Receive “Go Buffs” Yells

Most random one was from a hotel clerk in Ely, Nevada.

(Ely, Nevada can never be categorized as "best" in anything)
Definitely not when it comes to brothels unless you have a granny fetish.
I had to travel to that crap hole 4 times in 3 months after the first drive from Denver I hated every mile after.
Funny how a dump like Ely played a part in the building of DIA.

Yes. I believe it was Kennecott Copper. When we were kids visiting my grandpa, the entertainment was throwing rocks in the slag river that ran behind his house.
Then you missed out on riding the Ghost Railroad, I rate it as one of the top 5 period RRs in the US.
It was a BHP Mine in Ely at the time of it's closure. Kennecott had a huge operation at Bingham Canyon...another vacation spot.

This one was odd to me. Not in a “gee, that’s a long way from Boulder” way, but more like a “why would that happen here?” way: we were having lunch at a place called Spankys Roadhouse near the DU campus. I mention to my family that the place reminds me of the Dark Horse. This dude sitting behind me overhears the reference to the Dark Horse and gives a loud “GO BUFFS!”. Took me completely by surprise.

Will be very disappointing if I hear no “Go Buffs” yells at DFW or DIA this morning. So far, nothing, bitches.

Got three on Mackinac Island in the span of about two and a half hours. One was from a man passing by on a bike in a Sun Devils shirt. I did not return the gesture towards his team of choice.

if I seem someone wearing a VT, CU or Wisconsin branded item, the response is easy.

I will occasionally give an "A-C-C...A-C-C..." shout if I see a conference rival school's branding and I'm wearing something VT. Other than Carolina fans, I always get the same in response. Chapel HIll d-bags usually just roll their eyes.

"P-A-C-twelve... P-A-C-twelve" doesn't roll of the tongue quite the same.

Wife issued a "Go Buffs" to a kid sitting in front of us on from ORF-DEN on Friday.
He responded in kind.

I saw a nice looking, likely wealthy woman in first class on my return flight from Denver yesterday wearing a Buffs shirt. But I must admit I wasn’t in the mood to yell Go Buffs at her (maybe her massive boyfriend sitting next to her had me thinking he may not appreciate my yelling at his woman 😬).

So I see a guy in a resturant today and he has a buffs hat and buffs shirt. I give him a go buffs on my way out the door and he just looks at me like I'm crazy. This happens quite a bit and I hate that akwardness. I'm very hesitant to give the go buffs now.

So I see a guy in a resturant today and he has a buffs hat and buffs shirt. I give him a go buffs on my way out the door and he just looks at me like I'm crazy. This happens quite a bit and I hate that akwardness. I'm very hesitant to give the go buffs now.
Sko Buffs!

Same. I've stopped giving "Go Buffs!" when in CO for this reason. If I see a CU branded item at LAX though, I still give one.

I've been the guy on with the puzzled look.

My wardrobe contains used to contain before the admin ruined my enthusiasm for the football team so many items of CU branded clothing that wearing them wasn't something I was consciosly aware of - so unless I was actively watching a game it took a minute to register wtf this clown is taking about...

I've been the guy on with the puzzled look.

My wardrobe contains used to contain before the admin ruined my enthusiasm for the football team so many items of CU branded clothing that wearing them wasn't something I was consciosly aware of - so unless I was actively watching a game it took a minute to register wtf this clown is taking about...
I still give and get many "Go Buffs!" public shoutouts in coastal Orange County. There are a lot alums around here.

I was in LA and Santa Barbara for several days this week, where i typically average 2-3 “Go Buffs” in response to my CU hat. This time, nothing until a dude at the rental car counter gave me one. And the best was on the jetbridge coming home, when a woman gave me a “Go Buffs.” She was a 1974 grad who lives in Ojai (she must be loaded). Those “Go Buffs” make my day, and again remind me what it would be like if we had a football program that was half way decent.

Back