What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

https://blurparties.com/boulder

images

giphy.gif
032C92FD-65CE-40B9-8363-BA083449B5B5.jpeg
**** punch. That’s about what I would expect from The polyester horde.

Last edited:
Lighten up guys...LOL, I'm going to make a bet with that person and if CU wins, he is going to have to buy CU gear. Nothing wrong with such bets?
No there is nothing wrong with those types of bets. There is, however, something VERY wrong with willingly placing a Fusker hat on your desk on top of spending money to purchase said hat without the obligation of a bet forcing you to do so.

No there is nothing wrong with those types of bets. There is, however, something VERY wrong with willingly placing a Fusker hat on your desk on top of spending money to purchase said hat without the obligation of a bet forcing you to do so.

Can you you and those posters that liked your comment actually read unlike those kNowledge fans? I never said I bought the hat and as a matter of fact, it was the Husker fan that did. I'm going to make a bet with that Husker fan that if CU wins, he must buy CU gear and if CU loses, I'm going to buy NU gear.

Last time I did something like this, CU beat OU under Dan Hawkins. And coming from a Sooner family, it would just be too easy for me to quit being a CU fan and go back to OU.

This November 4th will be 30 years since I watched CU beat Nebraska and became a CU fan. They avenged a NU defeat of OU the previous year. I even had the balls as a teenager to root for CU in the 1994 OU game while sitting in the visitor seats.

I'm guessing you weren't even born during those wonderful Big 8 years judging by your avatar.

This is at the Marriott? Ha! The Golden Buff restaurant is directly next door. That’s freaking hilarious.

This is at the Marriott? Ha! The Golden Buff restaurant is directly next door. That’s freaking hilarious.

Do they make custom jerseys for CU fans? Walking around in clear sight of those NU fans with a CU football Jersey and the number 62 will still bring them to tears...I'm thinking that same crying NU fan will be there. No CU fan will have to say a word.

Welp, I know exactly where I’m going to mock nub fans after the Buffs beat em down
No need to walk by, come on in. Husker fans welcome opposing team fans. There will be former Nebraska and Colorado players in attendance. Gary Barnet will be there doing a live interview. There will be several games like flip cup where NU vs CU fans can play each other.

Marriott, you have been boycotted.
I feel bad for Marriott. The event is at Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inn. There will be several former CU players and Coach in attendance. The event welcomes CU fans. Husker fans welcome opposing team fans. To each their own I guess.

Do they make custom jerseys for CU fans? Walking around in clear sight of those NU fans with a CU football Jersey and the number 62 will still bring them to tears...I'm thinking that same crying NU fan will be there. No CU fan will have to say a word.
I am friends with an apparel sale company that can make the Jersey for you. They are coming from Lincoln NE to set up a temporary store at the Blur Parties Tailgate. They can bring the Jersey with them. However, I don't think 62 is going to strike fear in Husker fans or make them cry, but if it makes you feel good, that's what counts. Let me know, and I can connect you with the apparel company.

I feel bad for Marriott. The event is at Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inn. There will be several former CU players and Coach in attendance. The event welcomes CU fans. Husker fans welcome opposing team fans. To each their own I guess.

Hilton boycotted for hosting; Marriott boycotted for not doing more to stop it.

No need to walk by, come on in. Husker fans welcome opposing team fans. There will be former Nebraska and Colorado players in attendance. Gary Barnet will be there doing a live interview. There will be several games like flip cup where NU vs CU fans can play each other.

Lol. I can’t imagine a place I would rather not be more. But at least I know where I can stop off with piss balloons before the game. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Hilton boycotted for hosting; Marriott boycotted for not doing more to stop it.
You might as well boycott all the hotels in Boulder and many in Denver. Many are already sold out and packed with Husker Fans. You may want to Boycot Boulder all together. Husker fans are coming by the thousands.

Lol. I can’t imagine a place I would rather not be more. But at least I know where I can stop off with piss balloons before the game. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel.
That is to bad. Some people can't get past insults and violence. Good fan banter is fun a healthy. Threating to throw piss ballons at people is classless and wrong. I feel bad for people that can't get past the fact that it is just a game, and we are all on the same team in the end. I hope you choose to stay home and cool off instead. FYI... Boulder police will be onsite throughout the event. I would reconsider your threat.

I am friends with an apparel sale company that can make the Jersey for you. They are coming from Lincoln NE to set up a temporary store at the Blur Parties Tailgate. They can bring the Jersey with them. However, I don't think 62 is going to strike fear in Husker fans or make them cry, but if it makes you feel good, that's what counts. Let me know, and I can connect you with the apparel company.

They better bring a lot of silver, gold, and black shirts & jerseys since Husker fans will need to buy CU stuff after losing bets to their CU counterparts.

That is to bad. Some people can't get past insults and violence. Good fan banter is fun a healthy. Threating to throw piss ballons at people is classless and wrong. I feel bad for people that can't get past the fact that it is just a game, and we are all on the same team in the end. I hope you choose to stay home and cool off instead. FYI... Boulder police will be onsite throughout the event. I would reconsider your threat.

It’s a joke. Here’s some history for you:

Back in the 90s some Husker fan claimed to have been pelted with urine at Folsom. The method of delivery is lost to time, but CU fans are 99.9% sure it never happened, but if something in fact happened, it was more likely a cheap beer.

Anyway, some people got to wondering how you would go about throwing piss at someone and came up with the balloon idea. This has never actually been implemented, but has turned into a big joke as Husker fans have repeated the original “incident” into rivalry lore.

And now we get the “you should thank us for saving your economy by spending our money in your city” story.

They honestly believe this. They act like they’re doing us a favor. The disconnect with reality is hilarious.

Don't worry, they'll have piss balloons too.

They better bring a lot of silver, gold, and black shirts & jerseys since Husker fans will need to buy CU stuff after losing bets to their CU counterparts.
They will definitely have NU and CU gear onsite. There will be CU flags flying high at the event. It will be predominantly Husker fans, but Blur Parties shows respect to the opposing team and fans. I predict the crowed will be 10-20% CU fans. Blur Parties always plays the opposing teams fight song during their events. They get good-spirited competitions between the fans like relay races, flip cup, dance-offs, etc.

They will definitely have NU and CU gear onsite. There will be CU flags flying high at the event. It will be predominantly Husker fans, but Blur Parties shows respect to the opposing team and fans. I predict the crowed will be 10-20% CU fans. Blur Parties always plays the opposing teams fight song during their events. They get good-spirited competitions between the fans like relay races, flip cup, dance-offs, etc.

I'll consider going...thanks for reaching out to me.

And now we get the “you should thank us for saving your economy by spending our money in your city” story.

They honestly believe this. They act like they’re doing us a favor. The disconnect with reality is hilarious.
Not sure where this is coming from. Do you have any proof or way to back this? Is there a poll or focus group of Nebraskans stating the results that the majority thinks this? Last I checked Boulder was a great town and doing just fine. The Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau along with several businesses in the area have been extremely friendly and helpful. It has been a fantastic experience so far. I, for one, have been very grateful for the hospitality and thankful. I guess you can count me out of your blanket statement.

Well I never said I was classy...

Back in the 90s some Husker fan claimed to have been pelted with urine at Folsom. The method of delivery is lost to time, but CU fans are 99.9% sure it never happened, but if something in fact happened, it was more likely a cheap beer.

Anyway, some people got to wondering how you would go about throwing piss at someone and came up with the balloon idea. This has never actually been implemented, but has turned into a big joke as Husker fans have repeated the original “incident” into rivalry lore.

Oh ****, it is? I better stop making piss balloons than, my garage is full...

Good fan banter is healthy-unwarranted arrogance (especially coming from a program that hasn't won a conference championship of any sort since.......1998?) is not. You think you're Alabama, but in reality you're Northwestern. Go back to HuskerMax and get off our board.

Good fan banter is healthy-unwarranted arrogance (especially coming from a program that hasn't won a conference championship of any sort since.......1998?) is not. You think you're Alabama, but in reality you're Northwestern. Go back to HuskerMax and get off our board.
They are far, far from Northwestern. They’re closer to Rutgers. At least Northwestern has the whole academic thing going for them.

How’s that AAU accreditation working out for the nubs these days?

Thank you for the explanation. I have heard the stories myself. This is a new era and a temporarily renewed rivalry. I wish fans on both sides can clean the slate and look at it as an opportunity to move on and enjoy the experience. I deeply miss watching NU vs. CU every year. Neither team is national dominant right now, and most of the county doesn’t care about this game. Nebraska fans care about it a lot, and this is the "go-to game" for Nebraska fans this year. I hope everyone can take a step back and appreciate the opportunity to play each other again. We are all lucky to be a part of it. Why waste time being assholes to each other. Let's cheer on our teams and slam some beers together. It will be a long time until we get the opportunity to do it again. Let's leave the fan legacy with a good taste in everyone's mouth after this game.

Back