What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I had thought many of the same things, but I don't know what McCartney's current health limitations are and for how long he could play that roll without his alzheimers impacting him. So I thought, better not to ask too much from him.

They do a great job keeping him involved while not testing his limits I think-Looked like he's still doing pretty well when he spoke to the basketball team last winter. He'll be around during Nebraska week this year.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/chinander-fisher-touch-on-new-defensive-culture-we-re-trying/article_c0fef3de-4f10-5d51-bdbf-8a4734d666eb.html

"I went and pushed the biggest button in the room. Lamar Jackson, I pushed his button," Fisher said with a smile. "I said, 'No, you're not going to the NFL.' I don't know if your last coaching staff told you that, but, 'No, you're not good enough.' There were some guys that looked up like, 'Woo.' But that's what I had to do to get guys to understand that you have a lot more inside of you.”

“We won’t yell at kids but we will emasculate them in front of their teammates and joke about it with the media and fans.”

To be clear, he’s not wrong about Jackson and I don’t think this is any worse than what happens all around the country. But when there are articles claiming Nebraska should become America’s team because Frost refuses to break kids down, then this kind of thing confirms it was all BS. At the very least, not something that should have been said with media present.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/chinander-fisher-touch-on-new-defensive-culture-we-re-trying/article_c0fef3de-4f10-5d51-bdbf-8a4734d666eb.html

"I went and pushed the biggest button in the room. Lamar Jackson, I pushed his button," Fisher said with a smile. "I said, 'No, you're not going to the NFL.' I don't know if your last coaching staff told you that, but, 'No, you're not good enough.' There were some guys that looked up like, 'Woo.' But that's what I had to do to get guys to understand that you have a lot more inside of you.”

“We won’t yell at kids but we will emasculate them in front of their teammates and joke about it with the media and fans.”

To be clear, he’s not wrong about Jackson and I don’t think this is any worse than what happens all around the country. But when there are articles claiming Nebraska should become America’s team because Frost refuses to break kids down, then this kind of thing confirms it was all BS. At the very least, not something that should have been said with media present.
As much as I hate to say it, Fisher made sense for the most part. The last line you quoted being the exception, and I agree with you. That just seems petulant, which I'm hoping is more revealing than the article allows.

Huck the fuskers.

78 days until we beat those Cornheads! Good thing they are downhill from us so the tears won't be coming towards us.

Well, looks like people are pussing out. I just received tickets @Ruckus I also have an extra ticket for @sweaty teets . ARE YOU READY FOR THE TAMEST VERSION OF RUGGEDVISION YET!???

Come on guys,

we are waiting to hear about drunken adventures in fusker land with fat farm girls (not fat farm animals, leave that for the natives,) pickup driving meth dealers and their customers, midwest housewives looking for a supply of Colorado's most famous agricultural product (not talking cantaloupes, getting lost in cornfields, polyester wearing fat couples in overloaded RVs, and whatever other surprises you can generate.

If you can make it happen in Albuquerque you can make it happen in Stinkoln.

I’m expecting a baby September 6th but I’ll see what I can do.

You should have danced all night.
il_340x270.888219069_8fog.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to be decked out in CU gear when I drive to Indiana and back since I'll be going through Nebraska next month.

I asked a friend what we should do while in Lincoln. He lived in Omaha for 6 years and became a fusker fan. His recommendations so far, and I am not making this up...

"Lincoln is great. Terrific game day" -- Note, he only ever saw one game in person. His only other experience with live football is UH games growing up.
What about things to do?

"You should check out the wildlife safari just outside of Lincoln. Good family fun. Solid antique stores in Lincoln too"

I asked a friend what we should do while in Lincoln. He lived in Omaha for 6 years and became a fusker fan. His recommendations so far, and I am not making this up...

"Lincoln is great. Terrific game day" -- Note, he only ever saw one game in person. His only other experience with live football is UH games growing up.
What about things to do?

"You should check out the wildlife safari just outside of Lincoln. Good family fun. Solid antique stores in Lincoln too"
You could always go to a livestock auction and cruise the 4-H babes

What about things to do?

Was this the guy that predicted Max Wittek was going to tear us up, and he did?

What about things to do?

Trying to decide whether this is an indictment of Lincoln or his evaluation of what types of things would pique your interest at your current life stage. :ROFLMAO:

Here's something that might point you in a direction: https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=nightlife&find_loc=Lincoln,+NE

I’m going to get flame sprayed for this but I was in the Haymarket area of Lincoln last year and was pleasantly surprised at the number of good burger/beer places. Had lunch at a place called Longwell’s. 100 taps of mostly craft beers, with a knowledgeable bartender, and really good burgers. It was not gameday so the red clad loons were absent which made it more palatable.

I’m going to get flame sprayed for this but I was in the Haymarket area of Lincoln last year and was pleasantly surprised at the number of good burger/beer places. Had lunch at a place called Longwell’s. 100 taps of mostly craft beers, with a knowledgeable bartender, and really good burgers. It was not gameday so the red clad loons were absent which made it more palatable.
Pro tip: when visiting a burger establishment in Nebraska, always be sure to say "I'm from Boulder, Colorado, and I only eat grass fed beef. You serve that here, right?"

It's nubraska, of course there's tasty beef. Decent beer keeps the natives placated. It's not terribly surprising, Spacey. You probably just escaped before being sucked into the vortex.

It's nubraska, of course there's tasty beef. Decent beer keeps the natives placated. It's not terribly surprising, Spacey. You probably just escaped before being sucked into the vortex.
Tasty beer availability surprises me. I envision the old standard beers around there.

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread.

It's amazing to see so much ignorance revealed on every page.

Carry on.

Back