What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

They’ll be extremely fortunate to win five games. Basically everything has to break just right for them to get to a bowl game. With Scotty running the show, the odds of everything going right take a serious hit.

I actually don’t completely disagree with what he said if I’m being honest, and I don’t even really believe he’s being a hypocrite. He’s a douche for maybe being too candid and less professional, but he’s not really wrong.

did Frost just equate Nebraska and Alabama as elite school destinations for transfers? And, as has been pointed out, Frost himself transferred.

did Frost just equate ****braska and Alabama as elite school destinations for transfers? And, as has been pointed out, Frost himself transferred.
Yeah the Alabama thing made me laugh. As far as him transferring, though, he was obviously one of the few back in the day that was able to go from big program to big program and succeed. He’s not wrong about that not being the case for most kids today, though, and he certainly wasn’t wrong about it for Luke McCaffrey.

Site-wide wager on the ****er under? Their total is 6 and there's no way they hit it in my view.
There's no way. Like NOOOOOO way they hit 6.
@Illinois - T/U
Fordham - W
Buffalo - T/U
@Oklahoma - L
@MSU - L
NW - T/U
Michigan - L
@Minn - L
Purdue - W
Ohio ST - L
@Wisc - L
Iowa - L

Y
There's no way. Like NOOOOOO way they hit 6.
@Illinois - T/U
Fordham - W
Buffalo - T/U
@Oklahoma - L
@MSU - L
NW - T/U
Michigan - L
@Minn - L
Purdue - W
Ohio ST - L
@Wisc - L
Iowa - L
Yeah, exactly why I’m saying. Why does someone, anyone think they’re winning 6 and we’re only winning (if I recall correctly) 3.5??

did Frost just equate ****braska and Alabama as elite school destinations for transfers? And, as has been pointed out, Frost himself transferred.
He straight up compared Nebraska to Alabama! The Transfer Portal can make a bad situation worse for a coach that does not truly have control of their program.

Washington, UU and USC are all near certain losses barring some kind of miracle.

Forgot Utah was in SLC. I'll give you that one. USC is all over the place. I don't bet on CU games, but I'm not touching that one. Call that a toss-up that leans toward an L. Washington's probably the same type of game-I haven't seen their roster.

What Frost said obviously has some merit. However, this is mostly about losing the absolute control college football coaches have, little by little. P5 football coaches are about the most controlling individuals you will find in any profession. Some will adapt and some won't.

What Frost said obviously has some merit. However, this is mostly about losing the absolute control college football coaches have, little by little. P5 football coaches are about the most controlling individuals you will find in any profession. Some will adapt and some won't.
Idk it doesn’t look like frosty is in control

A lot of us have been saying that guys entering the portal are going to maybe end up not playing football, or perhaps just playing at D2 or G5 etc. So what? Oh, Scott cares so much about these players who are leaving in droves because they hate him? Come on.

Why did he even use McCaffrey's double transfer as a concern for "not getting their education". I'm pretty sure that McCaffrey will have no problem getting his degree from Rice, which, is like 1000 times better than Nebraska and much more meaningful of a degree. Rice is a very good school.

Frost has a lot of kids leaving. He threw up 1:45 of coach speak and obvious truisms to his loyal fan base that didn't address the real issues of why are players leaving NU. I read their press all the time just to laugh at the softballs they give him.

• Commenting on the quality of the schools your former players are transferring to is a little cringe-worthy. If Frost cares about the quality of the degree they’re getting, that’s one thing, but saying “Nebraska is a better place than where guys ended up”—however true it might be from a football resource standpoint—creates entirely avoidable drama and hard feelings.
  • Nebraska should consider toning down the portal talk in general. Nothing positive comes from energy spent on players who have decided they don’t want to be part of your program. Enough “we’re focused on the guys we have here” responses will eventually keep those questions from getting asked.
  • Finally: A program that has added a starter via the transfer portal in three straight years—as many as four this year—and is being coached by a former player who transferred during his playing career is going to invite digs and attention when it speaks critically about the outgoing part of the portal. It can’t be a positive tool for building depth and also a problem.
Even the husker homers (i.e. press) can't defend Frost here. While also minimizing this, it's just obvious that Frost talks out of both sides of his mouth constantly. Such a douch.

link

Back