What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I don't know who plays the bigger victim: nebraska fans or Trump fans.
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

ubl, I know, I know.

Anybody have thoughts on the NU v NU (Irish style!) line? 13 is a big number for an opening game at a neutral site. N'Western is predicted to be very mediocre, but Fitzgerald has a record of surprising people in years where not much is expected. Plus, the Nubs seem to be overhyped at the moment and Frosty seems to flail when expectations are high.

Anybody have thoughts on the NU v NU (Irish style!) line? 13 is a big number for an opening game at a neutral site. N'Western is predicted to be very mediocre, but Fitzgerald has a record of surprising people in years where not much is expected. Plus, the Nubs seem to be overhyped at the moment and Frosty seems to flail when expectations are high.
It’s exactly the kind of game that Nebraska usually loses under Frost. Talent likely favors Nebraska. Everything else favors Northwestern.

It’s exactly the kind of game that Nebraska usually loses under Frost. Talent likely favors Nebraska. Everything else favors Northwestern.
And everything I'm seeing and watching coming out of Evanston is understated yet confident. This is exactly the type of group Fitzgerald somehow turns into a bowl team.

Don't get it -- I guess they're fooling me. What's fake about the streak (i.e. do they define sellouts differently than CU or most other D1 schools)?

If the local companies didn't pick up the rest of the tickets on any given weekend, that streak would have been done a long time ago. Those companies just give the tickets away to hard working employees or boys & girls clubs.

Don't get it -- I guess they're fooling me. What's fake about the streak (i.e. do they define sellouts differently than CU or most other D1 schools)?

If I recall correctly, there were times when some local business(es) stepped up to make sure the "sellout streak" continued over the last couple of decades.

p the rest of the tickets on any given weekend, that streak would have been done a long time ago. Those companies just give the tickets away to hard workin

If I recall correctly, there were times when some local business(es) stepped up to make sure the "sellout streak" continued over the last couple of decades.
to my understanding, that's pretty normal in sports.

to my understanding, that's pretty normal in sports.

So? The humorous image called it a fake sellout streak. Even if it's common (and it certainly has never happened in Boulder) doesn't mean it's not fake.

A sellout usually indicates that the entertainment provided is in high demand, such that every seat is sold--not that dumbasses with money are willing to buy seats that will go unused to make a fanbase feel good about themselves.

So? The humorous image called it a fake sellout streak. Even if it's common (and it certainly has never happened in Boulder) doesn't mean it's not fake.

A sellout usually indicates that the entertainment provided is in high demand, such that every seat is sold--not that dumbasses with money are willing to buy seats that will go unused to make a fanbase feel good about themselves.
This is your wake up call, Hokie.

I take it those around here think it will be Northwestern taking the game vs Nebraska.
What do you think the final score will be?

The kool-aid (alcohol)flowing through my veins says 31-24 Nebraska. But how can one tell with this team?

I'm gonna take Northwestern and the two scores. Feels like a game the Nubs win 27-20 or 27-17. I don't think Thompson's the massive upgrade (especially after Steve Sarkisian played musical QBs last year in Austin) they think he is, and Pat Fitzgerald can flat coach.

@hawg1 @The Alabaster Yak @manhattanbuff What you guys think?

All valid points. plus Frost teams at Nebraska have been particularly bad when on National TV. This game is heavily hyped and will have what should be a huge audience, just right for another in a long line of embarrassing losses for the whole country (and now another country as well) to see.

I take it those around here think it will be Northwestern taking the game vs Nebraska.
What do you think the final score will be?

The kool-aid (alcohol)flowing through my veins says 31-24 Nebraska. But how can one tell with this team?
Couldn’t care less to Couldn’t care less.

I'm gonna take Northwestern and the two scores. Feels like a game the Nubs win 27-20 or 27-17. I don't think Thompson's the massive upgrade (especially after Steve Sarkisian played musical QBs last year in Austin) they think he is, and Pat Fitzgerald can flat coach.

@hawg1 @The Alabaster Yak @manhattanbuff What you guys think?
You are giving the Fuskers an awful lot of credit for actually making it to Dublin, Ireland. There are 9 towns named Dublin in the US so there is a decent chance that some of the team or coaches show up in Dublin, Ohio, Dublin, California or Dublin, Kentucky.

You are giving the Fuskers an awful lot of credit for actually making it to Dublin, Ireland. There are 9 towns named Dublin in the US so there is a decent chance that some of the team or coaches show up in Dublin, Ohio, Dublin, California or Dublin, Kentucky.
@BuffSurveyor probably has his hotel reservation booked for the one in Ohio.

Back