What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

There's a reason why the speed limit is 80 or 85 in Nebraska...nothing to see!

I wish this was true. I drove from Omaha into CO about a month ago and it was 75, but 65 within the cities/towns. I could not get into CO, or back home to my corner of Omaha fast enough.

Over the last 7 games last season, Nebraska's defense gave up 30+ pts 6 times. The defense is relying on 2 true freshman DB's in the two deep, a true freshman OLB in the two deep, a starting DE who has only started one game previously, same with a starting corner. So I am not expecting big things from the defense.

The offense is breaking in a completely new scheme and a QB that hasn't played a single down of competitive football in 2 years. No idea what to expect from the offense. Can Frost work his UCF magic in year one at Nebraska? Remember he went 0-12 in year 1 at UCF.

CU hasn't shown a lot on offense. CSU's defense was so bad, we didn't need to do much. The defense performed pretty well, especially against the CSU passing game.

I think the energy will be on Nebraska's side early and they take the momentum in the 1st quarter, maybe the 1st half. I am leaning towards the 2nd half being all CU.
Even though it hurts the argument, Frost actually won 6 games in his first season at UCF, which was the year after they went 0-12. I have no doubt Frost is a good coach and can get them back to respectability, but it’s not going to be in his first game with he roster he inherited, along w everything else you mentioned.

Even though it hurts the argument, Frost actually won 6 games in his first season at UCF, which was the year after they went 0-12. I have no doubt Frost is a good coach and can get them back to respectability, but it’s not going to be in his first game with he roster he inherited, along w everything else you mentioned.
Ah good correction, I thought last year was year 3 at UCF, not 2.

I don’t remember if they were ever clever with the smack. I feel as though OU generated some fans with a unique ability to get under my skin, though.

Really? Hmmmm. I've had pretty good experiences with OU fans, but I was at the game in 2007, and I also remember a time when we played down there as a kid where the Sooner Schooner crashed. Nicest opposing fanbase I've ever been around was probably K-State's.

Really? Hmmmm. I've had pretty good experiences with OU fans, but I was at the game in 2007, and I also remember a time when we played down there as a kid where the Sooner Schooner crashed. Nicest opposing fanbase I've ever been around was probably K-State's.

As a former volunteer donor lot parking attendant and de facto gameday guide for opposing fans from 1998-2007, my favorites were the Okie Lite fans ... they were very cool and friendly. But the KjSU fans were a close second,

The worst? Whorns fans ... hands down.

As a former volunteer donor lot parking attendant and de facto gameday guide for opposing fans from 1998-2007, my favorites were the Okie Lite fans ... they were very cool and friendly. But the KjSU fans were a close second,

The worst? Whorns fans ... hands down.

Texas fans are bad because they know how to talk trash. NU fans are about as good as Raider fans at it-they'll talk about how good they were under Madden and Tom Flores......but after that? Replace Madden and Flores with Osborne and Solich and you've got the same thing.

The first four questions that I was asked upon moving to this crappy state:

1) “Did you watch the game?” (Huskers implied because the toothless retards in the state don’t know anything else.
2) “You don’t know what a Runza is?”
3) “What Church do you go to?”
4) “Wanna buy some crank?

I don't know what a Runza is.

Shaggy (RIP) captured the UT fan base nicely. I don’t mind arrogance as long as it is balanced by cleverness. I’m waiting for that clever husker. Kamel’s not a real husker—he’s just trying to earn his father’s love.

Yeah, one cannot simply get enough of those glorified cabbage burgers...
Actually their regular burgers and fries with a side of the homemade ranch is an incredible meal. **** the Runza sandwich just get the burger.

Nebraska is not offering any refunds for the game that was cancelled on Saturday. Sucks to be a Husker fan.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ical-challenges-forced-akron-pull-plug-sunday

"No refunds will be issued for game tickets, many of which were sold on the secondary market for well above face value as the scheduled opener was to mark the anticipated coaching debut at Nebraska of Scott Frost."
The real reasoning behind this probably has less to do with the money and more to do with people being able to question their contrived consecutive sellout streak. It’s the college football equivalent of the Cub Scout with loaded parents who swoop in and buy a **** ton of popcorn all so little Billy can get the award for the most popcorn sold in the troop. Yet another reason to loathe the Fuskers.

I will be there in person. Don't worry, I'm gracious in victory.
That is one long troll you had going. You had me fooled for sure, but you finally gave yourself away.

We are assholes. The one thing CU fans are not is gracious. We beat you, then we laugh at you*. We are buffs.

We run up the score. We make small children cry. And then we laugh at the child crying.

So Darth, tell me, of which college team are you actually a fan? Because we damn sure now know that you aren't a buff.

*(Unless you're from a ****ty football school like NIU, then we are friendly enough).

I wish this was true. I drove from Omaha into CO about a month ago and it was 75, but 65 within the cities/towns. I could not get into CO, or back home to my corner of Omaha fast enough.
Many years ago right after I got out of the Navy I was driving back home to Colorado, and had to cross that ****hole of corn and cow **** that somehow passes for a state. This was long enough ago that the speed limit on I-75 in northeast Colorado was still 65.

Colorado state trooper pulls me over a few miles past the state line - he had me doing 92.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't get out of that ****ty state fast enough, I'll slow down now that I'm home."

Trooper didn't even write me a ticket - he just welcomed me back.

The real reasoning behind this probably has less to do with the money and more to do with people being able to question their contrived consecutive sellout streak. It’s the college football equivalent of the Cub Scout with loaded parents who swoop in and buy a **** ton of popcorn all so little Billy can get the award for the most popcorn sold in the troop. Yet another reason to loathe the Fuskers.

They have to pay Akron somehow, don't they?

Shaggy (RIP) captured the UT fan base nicely. I don’t mind arrogance as long as it is balanced by cleverness. I’m waiting for that clever husker. Kamel’s not a real husker—he’s just trying to earn his father’s love.

Husker fans are like Raider fans-if they can't talk about the glory years under that POS Tom Osborne, they have nothing.

Lol good lord. That's the only place on the planet where theres a public outcry over whether or not the little guy actually gets paid in a circumstance like that. They will have to pay Akron something on top of travel expenses-this isn't a Florida-UNC type of situation from last year (UF paid UNC the 600k guarantee they agreed upon even though the game was cancelled before UNC got on a plane for Florida).

Back