What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

The only thing that sucks is that Nebraska has the easiest schedule on earth this year, so they can likely get to a bowl.
The Big10 is likely the weakest overall conference in Football

Saw that on ‘Message Board Realists’ too.
Sad Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

BIG SKY CONFERENCE PREPARE TO MEET YOUR NEW OVERLORD

I know were here to bag on NU BUT They’d get invited back in the Big 12 the second they left. As we can see from the Mega Conference all the teams play 2nd fiddle to two of them. Even when those two teams are less good the media attention is still skewed towards the two. Unlike the Big 8 days NU really has no chance to stand out and thus they cant recruit.

CU has Prime, for now, so itll be easier for us to stand out in a crowded conference and recruit. But Im pretty leery of these big conferences.

I know were here to bag on NU BUT They’d get invited back in the Big 12 the second they left. As we can see from the Mega Conference all the teams play 2nd fiddle to two of them. Even when those two teams are less good the media attention is still skewed towards the two. Unlike the Big 8 days NU really has no chance to stand out and thus they cant recruit.

CU has Prime, for now, so itll be easier for us to stand out in a crowded conference and recruit. But Im pretty leery of these big conferences.
As much as I hate NU, I’d love to see them back in the Big 12 with us. I just wish we could have Mizzou back too to recreate more of the old Big8. I am glad texas will be gone from the Big 12.

I wish the Big8 would never had picked up the Texas teams. Sure they needed to expand but there had to be other options.
Agreed. The NU-CU rivalry was something to look forward to each year. I wonder if NU would give up all the big 10 money in order to be part of the big 12? Financially it would be a stupid move, but they fit better and would be more competitive in the big 12.

Agreed. The NU-CU rivalry was something to look forward to each year. I wonder if NU would give up all the big 10 money in order to be part of the big 12? Financially it would be a stupid move, but they fit better and would be more competitive in the big 12.
Why not just schedule each other like ou and Texas did each year?

Why not just schedule each other like ou and Texas did each year?
Possible but I don’t see two programs trying to regain their stature playing each other. We have enough big games in the big 12.

Plus, It had meaning in the Big 12/Big 8. Winner went to the orange bowl back in the 90’s. Had conference implications in the big 12.

Trying to be objective, where does CU-NU rank among national-interest rivalry games?

We'd be behind OSU-Michigan, USC-Notre Dame, OU-UT for sure. Probably behind Miami-FSU and Bama-Auburn. Some others that will draw a big number regardless of record, but I think we're easily a Top 10 game.

Trying to be objective, where does CU-NU rank among national-interest rivalry games?

We'd be behind OSU-Michigan, USC-Notre Dame, OU-UT for sure. Probably behind Miami-FSU and Bama-Auburn. Some others that will draw a big number regardless of record, but I think we're easily a Top 10 game.
Second tier rivalry like UW-WSU, UA-ASU, UM-MSU, Wisconsin-Minnesota. I don’t know that I’d put it in the top ten, though.

Back