What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

He’s a cvnt. He banned me years ago.
Fuskers tend to live in their own reality.

Be it in the stadium, on their message boards, or simply in normal social situations they continue to maintain the fantasy that they are still a power in college football, that they are feared and respected, that they are what others aspire to be.

They tend to reject when they can, ignore when they can't reject, anything that challenges this reality.

Despite years of failure I still at times find myself overhearing or even conversing with fusker fans who are convinced to their core that they are one coach, one recruiting class, even some officials calls away from being something special.

This is why we continue to hear the narratives from them about "tradition" including the "blackshirts," the "big red," the "greatest fans," the "sellout streak," the "taking over opponents stadiums." etc.

The don't want to hear or to see or to be otherwise confronted with anything that brings this illusion into question.

Fuskers tend to live in their own reality.

Be it in the stadium, on their message boards, or simply in normal social situations they continue to maintain the fantasy that they are still a power in college football, that they are feared and respected, that they are what others aspire to be.

They tend to reject when they can, ignore when they can't reject, anything that challenges this reality.

Despite years of failure I still at times find myself overhearing or even conversing with fusker fans who are convinced to their core that they are one coach, one recruiting class, even some officials calls away from being something special.

This is why we continue to hear the narratives from them about "tradition" including the "blackshirts," the "big red," the "greatest fans," the "sellout streak," the "taking over opponents stadiums." etc.

The don't want to hear or to see or to be otherwise confronted with anything that brings this illusion into question.
Theyre extra cvntie right now because of how bad they are.

My favorite flex by them is when they suggest that they are the classiest fans in college football. Ive spent enough time on their boards to realize theyre not.

My favorite flex by them is when they suggest that they are the classiest fans in college football. Ive spent enough time on their boards to realize theyre not.
They never were, not close.

When they could look down their noses at the directional and vocational colleges they were fattening their records against they thought they were being classy while they were really just being obnoxiously smug.

Now that they are more often than not losing to those schools and getting the score run up against them by their conference competitors they mostly try to not be noticed after games while retreating to their closed little echo chambers to try to convince themselves that the sky hasn't already fallen.

In that context they are understandably touchy when outsiders (or even insiders) intrude with measures of reality that would force them to recognize that all is not well in the land of meth and manure.

They always confused smug insincere flattery, when they were the biggest bully on the block, with being classy.

It was a thread called “Colorado…lol” which was posted in their “Other Teams” board and was started after we lost to Oregon. It was about 19 pages deep. I went yesterday to respond in that thread. It had disappeared. So I started a thread asking if it was deleted. Apparently it got moved to their “HOT TOPICS” forum which I guess is their version of Barzil …. That’s why I couldn’t see it. I then asked if someone could DM me what was said and why it got moved. I was told by “Big Red Max” The head honcho that it was “none of my business, it’s being handled and to stop cluttering up the forum with threads asking what happened” to which I gave him a “rolls eyes” emoji reaction. That’s it. An eye roll reaction got me banned.
If that was the standard around here we'd have 3 posters.

1696214044699.png

Happy Andy Daly GIF by Comedy Central

Compared to Utah, yes my impression is we are a bigger brand. How do we quantify that? It's hard to know.

If we were seriously important to the national scene however we'd have had higher ratings and interest around the country even when we were mediocre to terrible. How you measure that is hard to say but I found some data on TV ratings youre not going to like.

Data Is Since 2013. Conference Games Only. No P5 Title Games.
Below is the ranking of schools if we cut the sample at 32 games. (Colorado’s maximum number of games in the data)
0052041-lcee.jpg

We know that Nebraska has been not very good over this time period yet people still tune in (27 best v our 32 best).
0052033-buxb.jpg

Even Kentucky and Vanderbilt have more viewers than us (18 best v our 32 best).
0052028-awli.jpg

Remember the best 32 games were chosen for the series. We can split the hairs on the conference just chose to suck for a decade and thus so did their ratings. Then there is the P12 Network distribution hurting us or not but only the conferences worst games ended up on P12N and most ended up on ESPN or FS. Pac12 After Dark probably hurt the ratings too. The time zone we played in.

That said looking at the BigTen and SECs worst team getting better ratings for playing on the SEC Network or B1G Network
Fake news. Explain Wash St, MSST, and although Stanford is a national brand, it doesn’t explain their viewership.

I feel like a picture of scott frost would have been better

He was the perfect metaphor for their entire experience since they fired Pelini
The mess in Lincoln destroyed a very promising coaching career. Frost will probably do well once he rehabs & resets in a job where there aren't so many huge obstacles to success.

The series is 7-7 in the 21st century (or 7-6 CU if you're one of those pedants who say, "the 21st century didn't start until 2001!". Which I guess in this case favors CU, so I guess let's be pedantic.
Yeah, I think 2000 is a nice round number to look back on as "recent history". Even if you go back 15 years to 2008, it's 3-3.

Is there another historical "blue blood" that has seen this kind of fall into irrelevancy?

The mess in Lincoln destroyed a very promising coaching career. Frost will probably do well once he rehabs & resets in a job where there aren't so many huge obstacles to success.
What obstacles? The only obstacle Nebraska has is location. I think this absolves Frost of being a douche bag and terrible leader. He may know X's and O's, but he isn't/wasn't a good coach. He destroyed his own promising coaching career.

The last sentence is patently false. Nebraska fans most definitely do deserve this.
Disagree,

They deserve worse.

But it is truly enjoyable to watch them suffer with the steaming manure pile they currently have, and they are trending worse, not better.

What obstacles? The only obstacle Nebraska has is location. I think this absolves Frost of being a douche bag and terrible leader. He may know X's and O's, but he isn't/wasn't a good coach. He destroyed his own promising coaching career.
Horrible recruiting grounds, disadvantages in NIL era of money for players being tied to corporations instead of shadow boosters in cash businesses, no financial advantages vs conference members which are located in more populous states with much stronger commercial bases, fans & boosters with delusional expectations which put the program under a microscope.

Frost could name his job if he'd stayed at UCF (and probably wouldn't have also destroyed his marriage). Nebraska is one of the worst HC jobs in the country despite paying very well. If that was my profession, it would be in the bottom 3 of B1G jobs as I evaluated it with my agent.

Horrible recruiting grounds, disadvantages in NIL era of money for players being tied to corporations instead of shadow boosters in cash businesses, no financial advantages vs conference members which are located in more populous states with much stronger commercial bases, fans & boosters with delusional expectations which put the program under a microscope.

Frost could name his job if he'd stayed at UCF (and probably wouldn't have also destroyed his marriage). Nebraska is one of the worst HC jobs in the country despite paying very well. If that was my profession, it would be in the bottom 3 of B1G jobs as I evaluated it with my agent.
I don't buy that they are at any disadvantage in the NIL arena relative to 80% of the rest of the programs in the P5. I also don't see "no financial advtanges vs conference members" as a hurdle, just that they're on an equal playing field. Fact is, that program has more money and fan/administration support than the vast majority of programs around the country. I agree on recruiting grounds, and fan/booster expectations.

Re Frost... You're right that he could have named his job after UCF, but he would have failed because it was always about what his players did wrong and never about what he did wrong. He was an awful leader and terrible at building and establishing a winning culture and mindset. His personality and selfishness permeated throughout that program and the proof of that is in the results.

College football is littered with flash in the pan coordinators who failed miserably as a HC for one reason or another, and I don't buy that Frost is some kind of exception to that due to any hurdles at Nebraska

Last edited:
Gotta go ahead and disagree with you there. Frost regularly threw his players under the bus, lost all his best players to the portal, failed to land a Heisman Trophy candidate who actually wanted to go there, was horrible with the media, had terrible game plans, made no in-game adjustments, couldn’t assemble a decent staff to save his life, and is a general all around douche bag. He is, and always will be a complete failure.

Back