What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

The Californians Reaction GIF

Both were great, hard to pick, different times in college football.

This will be a discussion forever.
I mean, it's a pretty short discussion actually. More of a declarative statement.

"Because Osborne benefited from an unregulated steroids program and won fewer titles at fewer schools, and had fewer wins than Saban, he's not even in the same discussion with Saban as greatest of all time."

Did you notice how CU fans didn't just jump right in and ask if Coach McCartney or Coach Saban is the GOAT?

That would be a good example to follow.

Jesus, I can't even tell if you're being serious right now, and it bugs me that I don't know.

Which Nebraska head coach enabled convicted killer Lawrence Phillips more? The one who hid the gun or the one who hid in the closet? This discussion will go on forever.

I mean, these missives practically write themselves.
You just beat me to this one.

A comparison with Osborne makes Sabin look like a man with high moral standards.

Of course a comparison with Nebraska can make Alabama look like a nice place to live so it does go deeper.

I think Saban was better at adapting with the times than Osborne.

And name me one Bama player who beat up the backup QB's girlfriend.

I mean, it's a pretty short discussion actually. More of a declarative statement.

"Because Osborne benefited from an unregulated steroids program and won fewer titles at fewer schools, and had fewer wins than Saban, he's not even in the same discussion with Saban as greatest of all time."
Not to mention that those that sprouted from Saban’s coaching tree are some sought after coaches.

Who came from Osborne’s tree that has done anything? I’ll wait on that
Animation Waiting GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Not to mention that those that sprouted from Saban’s coaching tree are some sought after coaches.

Who came from Osborne’s tree that has done anything? I’ll wait on that
Animation Waiting GIF by SWR Kindernetz
That is a pathetic coaching tree. Not sure why they included Frost as he was never on an Osborne staff.

Coaching tree[edit]​

Osborne's Nebraska coaching staffs were renowned for their lack of turnover. Several assistants were known to have declined head coaching offers elsewhere to remain with the program. Notable examples include George Darlington (30 seasons), Milt Tenopir (29 seasons),[11] and Charles McBride (23 seasons)[12] all of whom had opportunities to become head coaches. Darlington was the first assistant coach in Division I-A history to be involved in 300 wins at one school.[13] However, several assistant coaches and players under Osborne did go on to become NCAA head coaches:

That is a pathetic coaching tree. Not sure why they included Frost as he was never on an Osborne staff.

Coaching tree[edit]​

Osborne's Nebraska coaching staffs were renowned for their lack of turnover. Several assistants were known to have declined head coaching offers elsewhere to remain with the program. Notable examples include George Darlington (30 seasons), Milt Tenopir (29 seasons),[11] and Charles McBride (23 seasons)[12] all of whom had opportunities to become head coaches. Darlington was the first assistant coach in Division I-A history to be involved in 300 wins at one school.[13] However, several assistant coaches and players under Osborne did go on to become NCAA head coaches:

That’s a new level of moral victory. Coaching tree longevity? Jesus Christ.

I think Saban was better at adapting with the times than Osborne.

And name me one Bama player who beat up the backup QB's girlfriend.
There was that one Bama player that punched the girl n the face at the end of a game on national TV. Probably was someone’s girlfriend.

Back