What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

If Washington wasn't having a horrific shooting day (25% from the field and 17.6% from 3pt), they might be beating the Zags. This isn't a bad team.

Based on what I've seen so far this year modifying what I thought in the pre-season, I'd put the Pac-12 into the following order:

1. Oregon
2. Cal
3. Arizona
4. Colorado
5. Utah
6. Oregon State
7. UCLA
8. USC
9. Washington
10. Arizona State
11. Washington State
12. Stanford

And I think all 12 will see some sort of post-season. I think it's one of those Big East type years where no one looks dominant but everyone has a pulse and is battle tested enough to possibly make a run in a post-season tournament.

UCLA looking like **** yet again. Down 42-35 to Wake in Maui at half. This is the type of game the Pac needs at minimum.

Oregon rolling over Ark State as expected

UCLA looking like **** yet again. Down 42-35 to Wake in Maui at half. This is the type of game the Pac needs at minimum.

Oregon rolling over Ark State as expected
Hard for me to cheer, in any way, shape or form, for ucla. But I get it.

Hampton lost. (Not a bad loss by any stretch.)
Omaha rolled Northern Colorado.
Oregon got its win.
BYU unimpressive in beating MS Valley St.
Nicholls played New Mexico surprisingly close, losing by 12.

Thanksgiving games we care about... well, we'll check the scores because football and Thanksgiving go together. But anyway:

#20 Wichita State vs USC in Orlando (12:00, ESPN2)... we'll learn a lot about Troy in this one
Stanford vs #8 Villanova in Brooklyn (2:30, ESPN2)... don't have much hope for Furd in this one
Washington vs Texas in Bahamas (5:00)... no tv, so I guess there isn't a lot of interest in the rematch
Santa Clara vs #11 Arizona in Fullerton, CA (9:30, ESPN2)... Santa Clara is awful this year, Zona should roll
#14 Cal vs San Diego State in Las Vegas (10:00, FS1)... best game of the day and I'll probably be in a tryptophan before tipoff :coffee:

Thanksgiving games we care about... well, we'll check the scores because football and Thanksgiving go together. But anyway:

#20 Wichita State vs USC in Orlando (12:00, ESPN2)... we'll learn a lot about Troy in this one
Stanford vs #8 Villanova in Brooklyn (2:30, ESPN2)... don't have much hope for Furd in this one
Washington vs Texas in Bahamas (5:00)... no tv, so I guess there isn't a lot of interest in the rematch
Santa Clara vs #11 Arizona in Fullerton, CA (9:30, ESPN2)... Santa Clara is awful this year, Zona should roll
#14 Cal vs San Diego State in Las Vegas (10:00, FS1)... best game of the day and I'll probably be in a tryptophan before tipoff :coffee:

So ridiculous for UT/UW to be meeting again in the Bahamas of all places after China. I'm not particularly happy about a rematch so soon if I'm UW. Not in their favor.

USC looks improved, but I believe they did the same thing last year (beat New Mexico and had us questioning if they were improving). Wichita State is still a bit untested (Only 2-1 with one of those games being non-D1 Emporia. Also got handled at Tulsa). If USC was to pull off this upset, this is the time. Shockers are tellingly mere 2.5 favorites.

This is Cal's first test. Granted, SDSU has been much poorer than expected so far (Scoring 41 in a loss to UA-Little Rock, really?). Cal is favored by 4. Personally, given how shaky SDSU has looked thus far I'll need to see Cal against West Virginia in their next game (assuming they meet) before having any real idea of just how good Cal is.

Stanford is going to get killed.

Last edited:
USC is definitely improved. This was good timing for them to catch Wichita State, they've yet to play much and have been shaky. Believe it or not, USC entered as only 3 point underdogs. Great win for the Pac.

USC is definitely improved. This was good timing for them to catch Wichita State, they've yet to play much and have been shaky. Believe it or not, USC entered as only 3 point underdogs. Great win for the Pac.

Barely there at the end.

No shame or surprise in losing to Villanova, but Stanford is now 2-3 and going down the usual Dawkins path. It's year 8 now, just remarkable to see how long he can make this continue with 1 appearance at the Dance.

Washington falls to Texas 82-70 in the Bahamas. It's never ideal to play a team you've just faced and beaten, especially as the Horns are simply better than the Huskies (UW beat Texas in China already). Still, good for UW to go 1-1 against UT considering where the Huskies are considered to be in the Pac pecking order.

UW now 3-2.

So #11 Arizona has only managed OT against 0-5 Santa Clara.

#14 Cal up 48-44 on San Diego State midway thru the second half

#11 Arizona escapes winless Santa Clara 76-73 in OT on a last second foul at the Wooden Legacy. Cats face a halfway decent Providence side next, and then presumably #3 Michigan State if they win. A trip to Gonzaga is looming as well. Probably just an off-night, but this was pathetic.

Also...

#14 Cal got dominated in the second half in a 72-58 loss to San Diego State.

Last edited:
Friday:

Stanford (2-3) vs Arkansas (2-2): Brooklyn. Both teams mediocre. Stanford needs to get this one.

USC (5-0) vs #23 Xavier (5-0): Orlando. Trojans are fresh off a win over Wichita State. A second top 25 win here would be quite a feat.

Omaha (3-2) @ Minnesota (3-2): Omaha followed up their impressive showing at CU by scoring 105 in a win at Northern Colorado. They're capable of knocking off this Gophers side.

Auburn (2-1) vs Northwestern State (1-4): Cupcake city

Portland (3-2) vs Colorado State (4-0): Corpus Christi. This one will be interesting given our win over Portland and upcoming visit to Fort Collins. Rams are favored by 5, but they've been shaky at times.

Utah (4-1) vs Idaho State (2-2): Cupcake city.

Washington (3-2) vs Charlotte (1-4): Bahamas. Charlotte lost by 55 to Michigan on Thanksgiving. Not a game UW should lose.

Cal (4-1) vs Richmond (3-2): Las Vegas. Cal got rocked by SDSU in the second half in a 14 point loss. Richmond is pesky but Cal should recover, albeit with their top 15 ranking soon to be history.

Arizona (5-0) vs Providence (5-0): Fullerton. Cats looked like **** in a 3 point OT win over 0-5 Santa Clara. This is a halfway decent Friars side. I assume Zona will wake up

Last edited:
Turns out Van Vleet and another key guy are injured for Wichita State. Still a nice win by USC yesterday, but explains why Wichita is losing to teams like USC and Tulsa. They're now even struggling against woeful Alabama.

Very impressive comeback by Furd. Arkansas is a nice win for them and the conference.

Next up is #23 Xavier vs USC. Xavier has been really impressive this year, but so has USC. I'm very curious to see how this one goes. I think USC may crack the Top 25 if they get the win.

Very impressive comeback by Furd. Arkansas is a nice win for them and the conference.

Glad they stole it. Fairly comparable middling teams. Exactly the type of win that helps in March when comparing what power conference should get that extra bid

Next up is #23 Xavier vs USC. Xavier has been really impressive this year, but so has USC. I'm very curious to see how this one goes. I think USC may crack the Top 25 if they get the win.

I think USC was a beneficiary of Wichita State being a mess and New Mexico being mediocre. Trojans are improved, but the degree to which it seems they are may be inflated a bit right now

Omaha up 42-41 at Minnesota at the half. That would be a great win for us if they can pull it out.

Back