What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs @ Oregon Game Thread

my takeaways:

despite game not feeling overly close, could've been 17-10 at half, which would've been nice

From there interceptions left and right and the game was basically over.

Why are coaching staffs all over the country are so allergic to putting in the backup QB to get him some game experience (could be useful THIS year if Montez goes down, no?)

Defense is a sieve, I guess we have to hope that's mostly a product of no depth and lots of injuries

Oregon was operating at a massive talent advantage

Herbert continues to not blow me away. Oregon's WRs aren't good, but he has some Montez level airballs from time to time

CU sucks! Thoroughly, completely disgracefully, humiliated. Welcome to a ****bag program Mel Tucker! You made a mistake ever taking the head coaching job here,. Mario Cristobal would fail here, too.

Next step (which is well underway) is to take recruits with no BCS offers and expect to get better.

I'm choosing to look on the brightside. Going from 5-0 to missing a bowl game is much more embarrassing than going from 3-1 to missing a bowl game. That shows improvement.

Miserable game any way you look at it, but here's what I saw:
  • Open UO receivers on their first drive, and I mean OPEN. That is scheme and preparation. Coaches own that. A big spread out zone - really? Just challenge your young DB's to cover guys.
  • Montez did not have time, but he showed (again) that he cannot handle lack of protection. Not saying he could've taken this game on his shoulders and brought a victory back to Boulder, but 4 picks tonight was at least 2 too many.
  • Given the above lack of protection, I hated the play calling. You won't make gains on the edges, nor from delayed run plays. Again, we let the tempo get away from us on this one. Controlling the tempo was our only chance. (Tempo is the only reason AFA beat us in Folsom.)
  • We just need more good players. UO had them across the board on defense. That was obscene. Mel needs to make inroads in California QUICK. Not only do we GET those guys, but we keep them from going to Eugene, Seattle, South Central, etc.
  • No way to judge from tonight's game how good Justin Herbert is. Strong arm, but put him behind our line - does he have a better game than Montez? Doubt it.
  • Brock Huard is a world class douche.

CU sucks! Thoroughly, completely disgracefully, humiliated. Welcome to a ****bag program Mel Tucker! You made a mistake ever taking the head coaching job here,. Mario Cristobal would fail here, too.

Next step (which is well underway) is to take recruits with no BCS offers and expect to get better.
the lack of talent is aston

It's not about coaching - it's 98% poor talent!!! We have so little talent, with very few options. Every coach would fail at Colorado with this BS talent level.

The douche bags have arrived! My favorite people, they don’t come to talk about football. They just show up when the team loses to whine incessantly and talk about how smart they are because they’ve always known the Buffs sucked. Seriously nobody is making you be a “fan” STFU already.

Well, that sucked and was very humiliating. Oh well, dust yourself off and don’t feel sorry for yourselves. Learn from it, grow and go ****ing punch someone in the mouth next week.

SKOBUFFS

Just checking in to say: Brock Huard, watta douche. It seems to pain him so much when he’s forced to say anything good about us

What is Huard supposed to say about a team that was thoroughly humiliated? I thought Huard did a fantastic job of accurately diagnosing how brutally overmatched CU was. It was the ultimate example of better, faster athletes from Oregon humiliating low level players from CU.

One thing we can cling to is we didn’t get ****ed as hard as Nebraska did against OSU. No major injuries either

The next two weeks are pretty much the season IMO.
Need 3 wins in the next 4 weeks or we're staying home for the holidays.. again

Would beating both USC & UCLA simply keep the season alive?

Then we have Stanford & Washington at home before the finale at Utah. Getting one win in the final three games after beating both LA schools would result in a 6-6 record and a bowl game.

Not ready to throw in the towel on this season.

Seems like as the game went on guys got more and more frustrated and started pressing and committing bone headed errors. I don’t like the penalty trend we seem to be on. False starts are born out of feeling like you need that extra quick jump in order to make the critical block. It’s all mental.

**** you asshole

Then we have Stanford & Washington at home before the finale at Utah. Getting one win in the final three games after beating both LA schools would result in a 6-6 record and a bowl game.

Well yeah, that'd keep things alive.

In order of likely wins: UCLA, Wazzu, Stanford, USC, UW, Utah. I'm just not very high on our chances to beat the last 3.

I want to beat USC. I think it would make me feel good. Those guys are annoying. If we beat USC and Stanford, I’ll consider this season a wild success.

Huard, like many broadcasters, sees football through the lens of a guy who has never blocked anyone (successfully) in his life. I get that this was a Duck celebration night, but what about calling out his formal rivals for playing their starters in the 4th quarter, up by 6 scores? When and if CU ever climbs the ladder in this conference, he'll still be a douche, but dancing a douchy douche dance in the booth to the CU Fight Song.

The douche bags have arrived! My favorite people, they don’t come to talk about football. They just show up when the team loses to whine incessantly and talk about how smart they are because they’ve always known the Buffs sucked. Seriously nobody is making you be a “fan” STFU already.

**** you. CU has no talent and sucks donkey dicks.

That all that matters, as has been the case for the last 15 years.

Back