What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Air Force Game Thread

Lock: USC
Likely: Arizona, UCLA, Stanford
Even up: ASU
Unlikely: WSU, UW, Utah
Nope: UO

Ha ha ha - you have to be kidding. You just lost all credibility with the prediction of beating USC. We suck like every year. Brutal lack of talent on defense.

Ha ha ha - you have to be kidding. You just lost all credibility with the prediction of beating USC. We suck like every year. Brutal lack of talent on defense.
He's saying lock on USC because he's been pushing that all off season, and apparently he's a man of his word because, damn it, he's sticking to it.

If the Buffs play like they played today, they’ll lose every game remaining on their schedule. SC puts up half-a-hundy on the team that played today.
IDK about that. Playing a service academy, you really can't gauge anything about your team, especially the defense.

IDK about that. Playing a service academy, you really can't gauge anything about your team, especially the defense.
This,
I guess based on last week against Army Ohio State has no chance at being good this season.
They managed to win but it was ugly, ugly.

There is a reason the service academies all run these offenses and defenses, they are equalizers as long as they don't play the same team too often.

Just living the dream residing in the greatest State in the Union.

At least my team didn't get beat by a MWC team. That would suck. Hope my team doesn't falter again like the Buffs did today.

I look forward to all kinds of hell from you if they do.
You moved? Where to?

Okay my observations after today-Embarrassing loss? Not necessarily. Rude awakening? Definitely. This team looked like they were either flat or looking ahead of AFA. Offense (which was averaging 43 a game through the first two) flat stunk all day. Montez had so many overthrows I lost count-and it definitely affected the way Johnson called the game. Defense struggled-like we thought they would against this offense. Air Force is a good football team-I think they can win in Boise next week.

Season's not over by a long shot-This conference is flat garbage outside of Utah and Oregon. I see no reason why this team can't go 4-5 in conference. Here's the way I see the conference schedule:

Sure L's-Utah and Oregon, maybe Washington (they're currently blowing a Hawaii team who has wins over 2 Pac 12 teams already this year)
Winnable games-Arizona State (that offense can't score-ours needs to be in way more of a rhythm than they were today and we need to put them in a hole), Arizona, USC (Helton may not be there when they come here), UCLA (LOL), Stanford (defense doesn't look as salty as it has recently), Washington State (Pullman's a tough place to play, but the jury's out on these guys until I see them play a Power 5 team)

Agree with what Duff said earlier in this thread-the next two are huge.

Okay my observations after today-Embarrassing loss? Not necessarily. Rude awakening? Definitely. This team looked like they were either flat or looking ahead of AFA. Offense (which was averaging 43 a game through the first two) flat stunk all day. Montez had so many overthrows I lost count-and it definitely affected the way Johnson called the game. Defense struggled-like we thought they would against this offense. Air Force is a good football team-I think they can win in Boise next week.

Season's not over by a long shot-This conference is flat garbage outside of Utah and Oregon. I see no reason why this team can't go 4-5 in conference. Here's the way I see the conference schedule:

Sure L's-Utah and Oregon, maybe Washington (they're currently blowing a Hawaii team who has wins over 2 Pac 12 teams already this year)
Winnable games-Arizona State (that offense can't score-ours needs to be in way more of a rhythm than they were today and we need to put them in a hole), Arizona, USC (Helton may not be there when they come here), UCLA (LOL), Stanford (defense doesn't look as salty as it has recently), Washington State (Pullman's a tough place to play, but the jury's out on these guys until I see them play a Power 5 team)

Agree with what Duff said earlier in this thread-the next two are huge.
Oregon to me is the only no hoper. Utah is just meh. Very meh. If not for recent history with us head to head, I don't think anyone would be that scared of them on here.

Oregon to me is the only no hoper. Utah is just meh. Very meh. If not for recent history with us head to head, I don't think anyone would be that scared of them on here.

Utah's going to put up a gaudy record because they don't play anybody. Air Force could easily win 10 games for that matter too.

I think defense played well enough for us to win, especially considering AF's offense.

We can't blame loss on not having enough practice and coaching time, or whatever, to defend against that option offense. If our offense had played well, within our skills, we should of won.

Overall, I'm happy at 2-1, with the victory over the nubs.

CU has it’s first P5 coaching staff since Barney went and got himself fired. USC sucks, pay attention to what is happening outside of Boulder.

I don't know if I'd say they suck from what I've seen of them, but I thought they needed a New Year's Six bowl for Helton to stay coming into the year......and that's not happening.

should I take a little pleasure that the Iowa- Iowa St game running late will mean nubs are televised on Fox Business...? No way the standard nubs fan finds that channel
Didn't matter. Everyone is at the game. Was the CU game sold out today? I saw empty seats. Fans must still be hungover from the celebration of the last win.

Good lord. You would think we were sitting at 0-3 right reading these threads.

This is what service academies do. They win games they shouldnt because of that devil offense. People around here and around the country tried to warn you. The difference between most years, is AFA seems to have a legit defense.

We lost. CU will be fine. Relax.

Exactly-They're a really, really good football team.

Didn't matter. Everyone is at the game. Was the CU game sold out today? I saw empty seats. Fans must still be hungover from the celebration of the last win.

Not everyone-Having been to your stadium, I know for a fact its Wi-Fi isn't good enough for you to be on there and posting here simultaneously (big word for a Fusker).

Back