What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Air Force Game Thread

This team looks a lot like last year’s team. Yes, there are a few differences. Halftime adjustments, especially on the defensive side, have been excellent. Hopefully we play more complete defensive games as the season rolls on and the defensive staff gets more tape on opponents.

But Landman somehow got much slower and Montez is still Montez. I was really hoping they’d come out and control the game start to finish today. Just feels as frustrating as many losses in 2015, 2017 and 2018. I believe Tucker will do a good job here. But today feels the same.

We had an extra pt blocked.

AFA missed an extra point.

Was a wash,
So it’s ok to make a mistake if the other team already committed the mistake? No reason to miss an XP. Not to mention the number of times we watched the punts land inside the 5 to bounce into the end zone. Need special teams cleanup.

So it’s ok to make a mistake if the other team already committed the mistake? No reason to miss an XP. Not to mention the number of times we watched the punts land inside the 5 to bounce into the end zone. Need special teams cleanup.
Not saying it's ok, just saying that's not why we lost. Also wasn't on Stefanou.

Saw a coach yelling at the team at the end of the 1st half when we punted and they didn't put a returner back. Angry that we didn't just catch it. If there's no returner, you can catch it. I know this. How do our players not? Instead, they all stand around and watch it bounce, THEN try to bat it back into play.

Sure the extra point was critical, but our offense shot itself in the foot so many times it's ridiculous. We have too many playmakers to fail so regularly against AFA.

Not saying it's ok, just saying that's not why we lost. Also wasn't on Stefanou.

Saw a coach yelling at the team at the end of the 1st half when we punted and they didn't put a returner back. Angry that we didn't just catch it. If there's no returner, you can catch it. I know this. How do our players not? Instead, they all stand around and watch it bounce, THEN try to bat it back into play.
Not blaming the kicker...but CU didn’t make AF miss an XP...CU made CU miss in XP....

Okay my observations after today-Embarrassing loss? Not necessarily. Rude awakening? Definitely. This team looked like they were either flat or looking ahead of AFA. Offense (which was averaging 43 a game through the first two) flat stunk all day. Montez had so many overthrows I lost count-and it definitely affected the way Johnson called the game. Defense struggled-like we thought they would against this offense. Air Force is a good football team-I think they can win in Boise next week.

Season's not over by a long shot-This conference is flat garbage outside of Utah and Oregon. I see no reason why this team can't go 4-5 in conference. Here's the way I see the conference schedule:

Sure L's-Utah and Oregon, maybe Washington (they're currently blowing a Hawaii team who has wins over 2 Pac 12 teams already this year)
Winnable games-Arizona State (that offense can't score-ours needs to be in way more of a rhythm than they were today and we need to put them in a hole), Arizona, USC (Helton may not be there when they come here), UCLA (LOL), Stanford (defense doesn't look as salty as it has recently), Washington State (Pullman's a tough place to play, but the jury's out on these guys until I see them play a Power 5 team)

Agree with what Duff said earlier in this thread-the next two are huge.
Exactly-They're a really, really good football team.

All absolutely correct.

We just came off two highly emotional games, as hard as you try a team can't be completely up for every game and we are still not talented enough to overcome not playing our best against a team like AF when they are fully focused.

AF plays systems on both sides of the ball that require the opponent to have 11 guys playing with discipline and intelligence. GB did a great job pre-game and in game on the radio explaining how even when a defender plays it right he can end up looking bad. On defense they disrupt your time and the spacing of your blocking.

We were not up for the game and were not focused for the game. We had better talent but we cost ourselves the game in all three components.

On offense we missed wide open plays that could have been game breakers, worse we killed ourselves with simple errors like illegal procedure calls, failing to finish pass patterns, failure to block the right guy, multiple bad snaps, etc.

On defense we took the bait and over pursued, we repeatedly lacked discipline and went for the fake instead of respecting the pass and leaving receivers wide open for big plays.

Special teams messed up a simple extra point that would have eliminated the need for overtime. KD made a bad decision to come out of the end zone giving up field position and momentum.

This all doesn't mean we are a bad football team. It means we are a football team that played a bad game and isn't talented enough to overcome not playing our best against a less talented but very prepared opponent.

Not everyone-Having been to your stadium, I know for a fact its Wi-Fi isn't good enough for you to be on there and posting here simultaneously (big word for a Fusker).
You speak out of your ass. Meaning you don't know **** about what you say.

Sounds like a ****braska fan last week. Welcome to the club.
No you were just stupid last week like you always are.

Are you going to blame all those losses on that? Considering that you have a coach (your savior according to most of your team's fans) who still hasn't won a game on the road and who managed to lose to a Sun Belt team.

And we don't need a pedophile rapist playing for us to win games.

AF dominated our defense at the line of scrimmage. We got zero penetration. Our defensive backfield was consistently leaving receivers open and looked confused like they didn’t know who to cover. It happens game after game and I’m sick of it.

AF dominated our defense at the line of scrimmage. We got zero penetration. Our defensive backfield was consistently leaving receivers open and looked confused like they didn’t know who to cover. It happens game after game and I’m sick of it.
Gonna be a long night for you, let the team have a 24 hr rule, 4hr rule for older 35 year olds like us.

No you were just stupid last week like you always are.

Are you going to blame all those losses on that? Considering that you have a coach (your savior according to most of your team's fans) who still hasn't won a game on the road and who managed to lose to a Sun Belt team.

And we don't need a pedophile rapist playing for us to win games.
Ok. This **** needs to stop.

You can think whatever you want about whether he should be playing or not (btw, he absolutely should not be on the field until his legal matters are wrapped up), but it takes a total lack of knowledge of the case or just being a asshole to call Washington a rapist.

Washington did not rape anyone. Washington was not the person who filmed the video. Washington was not in the video.

What he did was ****ed up (and happens way too often), and I'm not totally sure at what point he originally received the video, but he was also a minor at the time the video was taken, and I'm assuming he received it originally around the time it was filmed. Why he would keep it, and why he would use someones alleged sexual assault against them defies the laws of human decency, but again, Washington is not a rapist. I doubt he ever spends a day in prison, and frankly, I don't think he should. The people who should spend time in prison are the people involved in the assault, and the person who originally distributed this video through text because I'm betting Washington was not the only person that got it.

None of that takes away from the fact that he shouldn't have stepped on a football field this season, but I'll just tell everyone right now, unless he does something else stupid, he's likely never going to miss a football game for Nebraska, barring injury.

You can think whatever you want about whether he should be playing or not (btw, he absolutely should not be on the field until his legal matters are wrapped up), but it takes a total lack of knowledge of the case or just being a asshole to call Washington a rapist.

Washington did not rape anyone. Washington was not the person who filmed the video. Washington was not in the video.

What he did was ****ed up (and happens way too often), and I'm not totally sure at what point he originally received the video, but he was also a minor at the time the video was taken, and I'm assuming he received it originally around the time it was filmed. Why he would keep it, and why he would use someones alleged sexual assault against them defies the laws of human decency, but again, Washington is not a rapist. I doubt he ever spends a day in prison, and frankly, I don't think he should. The people who should spend time in prison are the people involved in the assault, and the person who originally distributed this video through text because I'm betting Washington was not the only person that got it.

None of that takes away from the fact that he shouldn't have stepped on a football field this season, but I'll just tell everyone right now, unless he does something else stupid, he's likely never going to miss a football game for ****braska, barring injury.

You can call it what you want, he sent a girl a video of her own rape, a rape that occurred when she was a minor, in an attempt to intimidate her. He should be in jail, not in a football uniform.

And sadly you are correct, kNU will not take him off the field. If they weren't going to take substantial action against Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peters, and others then the longstanding culture in the program wasn't going to seriously act on this one either.

None of that takes away from the fact that he shouldn't have stepped on a football field this season, but I'll just tell everyone right now, unless he does something else stupid, he's likely never going to miss a football game for ****braska, barring injury.

Frankly-whether or not he should be playing college football is the issue. Not what kind of a punishment legally he needs from this. I'm not sure why we're still ****ing talking about them outside of the hate thread.

Frankly-whether or not he should be playing college football is the issue. Not what kind of a punishment legally he needs from this. I'm not sure why we're still ****ing talking about them outside of the hate thread.
I brought it up because I'm sick and tired of him being called a rapist. That's a huge ****ing jump from anything he actually did, and an accusation you don't throw at someone when it's completely inaccurate.

You can call it what you want, he sent a girl a video of her own rape, a rape that occurred when she was a minor, in an attempt to intimidate her. He should be in jail, not in a football uniform.

And sadly you are correct, kNU will not take him off the field. If they weren't going to take substantial action against Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peters, and others then the longstanding culture in the program wasn't going to seriously act on this one either.
I don't think intimidation is the right word for why he sent it. What he did was petty, callous, stupid, and, as I said showed a complete lack of human decency, but I do not think he should do any time. In my opinion, that would be punishing the wrong person here with life altering consequences. The kid who filmed this and the two possible rapists are the ones who should be facing the prison time.

Edit: Actually one of the boys who took part in the alleged assault has already been convicted in this case, and he received nothing more than probation, so I'm betting at most, that's what Washington receives.

Last edited:
After sleeping on it, this loss gnaws at me more and more. Ugh. This one is clearly on the offense. I knew AF would move the ball and score. But I never, ever thought they could stop our offense. And they didn’t really. We stoped ourselves with just awful execution and mistakes. I hate to see Montez getting ripped so harshly but, man, he just did not show up.

I’m dumbstruck at his lack of field awareness and that it has never improved. I’ve been waiting for him to have that “ah ha moment” for three years only to be teased by his occasional spurts of greatness. Damned frustrating.

One of the most frustrating things yesterday is something you would not have seen on TV. He continually had guys open for either big gains or even TD’s but he was too busy running scared to even see them standing all alone waving their arms. Rather than assessing what his receivers are doing, he anticipates getting hit.

Last edited:
Back