What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Air Force Game Thread

GB made the point that after two quick scoring drives to get to OT the offense was spent and really needed the defense to force AF into a sustained possession in OT. He felt that by AF scoring so quickly it made it really difficult for the offense.

GB made the point that after two quick scoring drives to get to OT the offense was spent and really needed the defense to force AF into a sustained possession in OT. He felt that by AF scoring so quickly it made it really difficult for the offense.
Buffs had a timeout left after they scored the tying TD in regulation. Should have called it, let them catch their breath, and gone for two

I heard that and wondered why the AF defense should be any less tired than our offense? Besides, the offense took most of the game off, so one series in OT shouldn’t have been challenging.

I heard that and wondered why the AF defense should be any less tired than our offense? Besides, the offense took most of the game off, so one series in OT shouldn’t have been challenging.
It’s an excuse from GB. The offense probably had a good 15 minutes from the time they scored the TD to the time they took the field in OT. Plenty of time for them to make a full recovery

Good point for sure.

No doubt, but season is far from over. We lost one game to a good team. We have lots of games left to teams that are probably worse than AFA. I still see 6-7 wins as very likely
AFA went 5-7 last year against a MWC and worse schedule, beating only CSU, New Mexico, UNLV, Navy, and FCS Stony Brook, They looked unstoppable at times against us, but they're not that good.

It seems so for now. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.
No, silly Fusker. We don't use Nebraska math here. No matter who you beat from here out, and no matter who we lose to, your ****ty team took an L and it doesn't get changed by anyone outside your delusional fan base. If you want to chisel a W against the Buffs on the walls of your stadium because you 'felt' like you were the better team 'at the end of the season'....that just isn't how it works. You. Lost.

Just know that coming back here to troll after losses make you look even more petty and desperate than if you had managed to beat us. And do I have to keep mentioning that you didn't? Probably.

AFA will have a great season.They played a very disciplined game and were very physical.
I really think our CU players came in thinking they'd be a pushover. Might be the best thing for us this year...getting a loss to redirect us towards where we want to be.

AFA have always been excellent at special teams. They block extra points all the time...didn't surprise me one bit when they did that on Saturday.

....Might be the best thing for us this year...getting a loss to redirect us towards where we want to be.

Agree with the hindsight silver lining. Always best to learn lessons from a W, but let's see how they respond and how the full season unfolds. Lot of learning still going on. This staff is still learning to work together, staff still learning what players do well and what players respond, players still learning the new schemes, new players still learning P5 football and playing with new teammates.

No, silly Fusker. We don't use ****braska math here. No matter who you beat from here out, and no matter who we lose to, your ****ty team took an L and it doesn't get changed by anyone outside your delusional fan base. If you want to chisel a W against the Buffs on the walls of your stadium because you 'felt' like you were the better team 'at the end of the season'....that just isn't how it works. You. Lost.

Just know that coming back here to troll after losses make you look even more petty and desperate than if you had managed to beat us. And do I have to keep mentioning that you didn't? Probably.

You misspelled Meth.

now that's what I'm talkin bout!

giphy.gif

Back