What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Air Force Game Thread

I don’t know man, those two F-35’s were loud as hell - any lower might have really bothered kids and there were a lot of kids at this game (compared to last week). Plus the F-35’s are pretty badass.

Air Force will win 8 games minimum this year. They're not CSU.
I’m skeptical. I suspect AF had a good day (mentally sharp with high intensity) and CU had a bad day (hangover from Nebraska & expecting an all-out effort wasn’t needed). With 10 games to go, a split would put them at 7-5. I’m guessing 6-6 is likely, starting with a hangover loss at Boise on Friday. But given last year’s series of close games, I’m hoping they can win 8 or 9.

Air Force is going to have a good season. They have enough guys to make it very difficult for everyone in that conference, and I'd suspect they will make some noise.
They caught us on a bad week. If you're not ready mentally, you can get beaten at the LOS and that happened all day long. That's not what I'd expect vs Air Force in every game, but in this game, they are good enough to bring an ass-whupping and they did.

I’m skeptical. I suspect AF had a good day (mentally sharp with high intensity) and CU had a bad day (hangover from ****braska & expecting an all-out effort wasn’t needed). With 10 games to go, a split would put them at 7-5. I’m guessing 6-6 is likely, starting with a hangover loss at Boise on Friday. But given last year’s series of close games, I’m hoping they can win 8 or 9.

I think a split is being too hard on them-they'll beat CSU, New Mexico, and SJSU if for no other reason than because those three suck. Wyoming beat them late in Laramie last year, so I'll say AFA returns the favor down there this year. That's 6 wins right there.

Which leaves us-
@Boise-I think AFA can go up there and beat them. Boise does have the win over FSU, but stumbled through a win against Marshall and wasn't crisp against Portland State.
@Hawaii-Hawaii is tough at home, but AFA keep this offense off the field.
@Navy-Navy's probably the weakest of the service academies right now.
Fresno-Jeff Tedford's a hell of a coach, but that game's in Colorado Springs.
Utah State-home game
Army-Army's really good, but that game's at AFA too.

Is there a sure loss on there? I actually don't think so.

I re-watched the game and I don't really have anything to add here. It was as bad as I thought when watching live. All three phases were pathetic. They looked mentally out of it and the offense and defense were a complete mess all day. I don't think we can take much from this game. I am a little worried about Tucker saying they were prepared. They were not and that was evident most of the game. Air Force coaches did a tremendous job attacking the weak spots.

Also, the Air Force QB literally had one read on every pass he threw. He did not look anywhere else. This secondary is just plain bad right now in coverage.

I re-watched the game and I don't really have anything to add here. It was as bad as I thought when watching live. All three phases were pathetic. They looked mentally out of it and the offense and defense were a complete mess all day. I don't think we can take much from this game. I am a little worried about Tucker saying they were prepared. They were not and that was evident most of the game. Air Force coaches did a tremendous job attacking the weak spots.

Also, the Air Force QB literally had one read on every pass he threw. He did not look anywhere else. This secondary is just plain bad right now in coverage.
I'm hoping, it was just blowing their wad against nebraska and csu, they were just spent emotionally, physically, mentally. If that's the case, you don't want to be playing a disciplined team like Air Force the next one. It's not just that, but hopefully, they have got good work in so far this week, learned you can't just show up. Wanna grow the program, win. Yes, I know, recruiting too. That's the way we'll get on tv, the Pac 12 network is a joke, even though it's tv. Kids now, seem to have to see everything.

I'm hoping, it was just blowing their wad against ****braska and csu, they were just spent emotionally, physically, mentally. If that's the case, you don't want to be playing a disciplined team like Air Force the next one. It's not just that, but hopefully, they have got good work in so far this week, learned you can't just show up. Wanna grow the program, win. Yes, I know, recruiting too. That's the way we'll get on tv, the Pac 12 network is a joke, even though it's tv. Kids now, seem to have to see everything.

Agree-but I think playing AFA 3 weeks before Khalil Tate and right before ASU and their new mobile true freshman qb (DJ Hammond looked like a pretty good runner and a similar type of passer to both these guys in the sense that pass plays look like they're dumbed down to where its one read and if that isn't there they can take off) may help in the long run. These next two are critical for this year though.

Back