What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Arizona Game Thread --- 8:30 PM on FS1

Loyalty favors.
tumblr_otl373PFS71s5m21go1_400.gif

I think the writing is on the wall. ****ing sucks, but I think Mac has done all he is gonna do here. Thanks for the rebuild, time for somebody else to take over.
Kind of where I'm at. He did a helluva job bringing us back from the edge of being Kansas in perpetuity. But that's not enough anymore.

BUT- I seriously doubt going to be fired with a winning record this week or even after we fall to .500 next week. That's a terrible look for CU, firing a dude with a winning record. I'd bet RG waits for the end of the season and pulls the trigger after Utah.

Kind of where I'm at. He did a helluva job bringing us back from the edge of being Kansas in perpetuity. But that's not enough anymore.

BUT- I seriously doubt going to be fired with a winning record this week or even after we fall to .500 next week. That's a terrible look for CU, firing a dude with a winning record. I'd bet RG waits for the end of the season and pulls the trigger after Utah.
Probably right.

Being a season ticket holder since '05 I'm finally starting to realize this is what it must feel like to get ****ed in the ass.

Had a child's birthday party last night, so I just taped the game.

I was a little miffed, really wanted to see the Buffs with their best remaining chance for a win on the schedule. I missed nothing.

Where to start?

Biggest problem? Undoubtedly the OL. They cannot block anybody. The only time Montez did not have to run for his life was when AZ rushed three. There was a defender between the RB and Montez ON A FLEA-FLICKER PLAY. Honestly, how in the hell does that happen? WSU, UU and Cal DL are lining up to get apiece of this crew. What a joke. The all white uni's were definitely the way to go for this marshmallow soft unit.

DB's? Turn your head for the ball. And whoever 25 is, grow a pair and tackle, don't trip the TE...correction, try to trip the TE.

Gamboa? A heady high IQ LB with the speed and agility of a NT. CU must be going broke replacing all the jocks left on the field.

Montez is a baller. Yes, he has things to improve but the kid is very talented and a gamer. It is criminal that in year six he has to play behind that OL. For that reason alone MikMac should be fired.

Is it just me or do we see passes to the same WR over and over. LS, JW then Ento. Pass after pass after pass. Is that the pay call or does Montez just lock on? Either way that is a coaching issue.

Pathetic.

What happened on that kickoff? Pretty sure it was a kickoff anyway, I was just walking back in the living room. I could've swore the dude fair caught it at like the half yard line or one. Yet, they started the drive at the 25. Didn't see the whole play, so what was the deal on that?

What happened on that kickoff? Pretty sure it was a kickoff anyway, I was just walking back in the living room. I could've swore the dude fair caught it at like the half yard line or one. Yet, they started the drive at the 25. Didn't see the whole play, so what was the deal on that?
It’s a new rule in college football where if you fair catch it before the 20 it’s a touchback.

New rule this year for kickoffs. Fair catch anywhere starts on the 25.

Sat through the entire painful thing right up to the final whistle.

It is brutal to see us with elite talent in certain individuals and then others who are out there because they are the best of a bunch of bad options due to a complete failure in recruiting.

We did lose a lot due to injury, we have been hurt by injury all year.

Problem with that excuse is that every team in the nation has injuries, it is football. Injuries aren't why we lost.

The reason we lost is that we don't have sufficient depth at key positions to match other teams in our conference.

The DBs I will actually excuse. Our starting CBs should be Abrams and Miller. Miller is out and Abrams looks to be playing hurt. Udoffia and Wigley are adequete back-ups. Our corners aren't as good as they have been but are decent, last night they did fail to make some plays they usually do make.

Safety is an issue mainly due to how we use them. Fischer and Worthington both are guys you don't want one on one with WRs much but we always seem to find that happening. With Worthington out Rakestraw may have been our best DB last night but we again had no depth. Trego and Maddox don't exactly scream P5 ready safeties.

LBs were good but again how do we end up with LBs covering WRs?

DL Mustafa had a poor game by his standards. Antwine looks like a true freshman, he's talented but on most P5 teams he would be a spot player. Javier again got pushed off the LOS too often giving up rushing yards. Worst thing is that outside of Lang who is getting better we have zero, zero real depth on the DL.

On offense we have one of the better QBs in the nation and even without Viska and KD we should have more than enough at WR to tear people up.

Doesn't happen though because the OL is a mess. Yes in the past couple years we have finally seen some P5 level OL prospects come in but game after game we see that it is too little to late. The only upperclassman OL we have who is a legitimate P5 talent is Lynott and at most schools he would be on the bench because of his injury limitations. Kaiser and Tonz would have to compete to get on the depth charts of most good G5 teams. Sherman and Fillip are legit talents but only playing this early because we have nothing else to put out there. Most other schools they would be on an S&C program and hoping to play in garbage time. That leaves us with Pursell who is no candidate for all-conference honors but is a legit quality young OL player.

TE forget about it, we don't know how to use it and again don't have the guys other schools are drooling over.

RB we flat out lucked out. Lindsay recruited himself and was a commit before MM ever talked to him. This year McMillan saved us by coming in as a grad transfer. Outside of those two we have what? RB recruiting is another area that is inexcusable.

Simple. Recruit at a P5 level and you don't lose games like last night's, even with injuries. You can coach all you want but ultimately it is about talent and six years into MM we don't have enough. That is why we have been last in the South every year but one.

Back