What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Arizona Game Thread

Folks
We were playing our 3rd and 4th string Safeties. Safeties getting burned on deep throws was the issue.
KD was not in the last few series?
Mustafa would have made plays!
Played a true freshman corner all day (Trujillo actually played well)
Agreed that the D has to stop people, but damn they got no experienced bodies. Arizona out schemed us today taking advantage of no corners or safeties.
I love Tucker, and I trust him to fix everything.
Arizona not having any penalties needs an FBI Investigation, that was BS

all-in-all, I think the Buffs gave a good effort. D played well, given all the injuries, OL was impressive most of the game. dropped passes and penalties were a killer. that late run by Montez, where he flees sideways/backwards to avoid getting hit, may hurt his chances for the "Buffalo Heart" award.

Ironically look at the stats! We played the way Tucker wants us to as an offense. Montez was not the problem. Give Tucker the time to build his defense. I assume Duff will bring in recruiting and he is not wrong, but I trust Tucker!!!

Attachments

• 5B1020A9-9520-4FC0-9FCE-4456E25D9998.jpeg
    5B1020A9-9520-4FC0-9FCE-4456E25D9998.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 18
Ironically look at the stats! We played the way Tucker wants us to as an offense. Montez was not the problem. Give Tucker the time to build his defense. I assume Duff will bring in recruiting and he is not wrong, but I trust Tucker!!!
No ragging on you Brother but substitute Frost for Tucker and this is a Nub board.

Umm, show the **** up. It's your coach's job to coach you, the attitude comes from you and him, from what he teaches. Don't beat yourself, left a lot of points off the board.

**** Arizona. I’m not quite ready to call the FBI but wtf was that bull****? The refs suck.

I can’t wrap my head around this. Everything in this game was in our favor (turnovers, total yards, rushing) and we somehow lost.

I can’t wrap my head around what just happened, frustrating.

Folks
We were playing our 3rd and 4th string Safeties. Safeties getting burned on deep throws was the issue.
KD was not in the last few series?
Mustafa would have made plays!
Played a true freshman corner all day (Trujillo actually played well)
Agreed that the D has to stop people, but damn they got no experienced bodies. Arizona out schemed us today taking advantage of no corners or safeties.
I love Tucker, and I trust him to fix everything.
Arizona not having any penalties needs an FBI Investigation, that was BS

Whoa there dude. Season isn't over but this is the kind of stuff Nub fans put out.

This loss sucked, but this team is better than I thought they’d be. Especially with injuries ravaging our most depth challenged position groups (DL and Secondary), this team has been in position to win every game its played. Next week will be a big challenge going against a good offense on the road in a short week. We will need to summon the spirit of Good Montez in order to be competitive in Eugene.

I trust Tucker too but this season is taking a bad turn. We just can't handle the injuries and I honestly don't see next year's team being much better in fact probably not as good. We are in trouble

This loss sucked, but this team is better than I thought they’d be. Especially with injuries ravaging our most depth challenged position groups (DL and Secondary), this team has been in position to win every game its played. Next week will be a big challenge going against a good offense on the road in a short week. We will need to summon the spirit of Good Montez in order to be competitive in Eugene.

I know, I was thinking about this on my drive home. At least when we sucked we knew we sucked and we knew what to expect. We don’t suck, we’re not a bad team but we STILL can’t find ways to win ENOUGH games (outside of 2016) and it’s so much more frustrating than being terrible. We should have been in a bowl game in 2016-18 and we just kept stepping on our dicks

Whoa there dude. Season isn't over but this is the kind of stuff Nub fans put out.

I am not making excuses asshat!!!
Princess Frosty makes up hypotheticals about alternate realities. We got beat, it sucked to watch.
I posted stats because Tucker is doing what he said he would do! Run on our terms, do not turn the ball over, after halftime there were very few penalties, this team is fun to watch, but I have no excuses, Tate beat us.
Tucker needs to fix the defense, and Summers may not be the guy?
Do not compare me to Nub suckers!

Never going to break the cycle until this team consistently makes bowl games. Today was a step back.

I know, I was thinking about this on my drive home. At least when we sucked we knew we sucked and we knew what to expect. We don’t suck, we’re not a bad team but we STILL can’t find ways to win ENOUGH games (outside of 2016) and it’s so much more frustrating than being terrible. We should have been in a bowl game in 2016-18 and we just kept stepping on our dicks
The role of the QB is major in this sport. If you have a clutch QB who makes the right plays in big spots, you will win. We all know that Montez is capable. It’s just that his inconsistency has made our overall team performance inconsistent. When he’s on, we are world beaters. When he is off, everything falls apart.
Our D was getting stops, especially early in the game. Our O didn’t capitalize. As the game progressed, our O didn’t capitalize in two goal to go situations. In a close game, that’s your margin. We aren’t good enough to consistently overcome spotty play.

I am not making excuses asshat!!!
Princess Frosty makes up hypotheticals about alternate realities. We got beat, it sucked to watch.
I posted stats because Tucker is doing what he said he would do! Run on our terms, do not turn the ball over, after halftime there were very few penalties, this team is fun to watch, but I have no excuses, Tate beat us.
Tucker needs to fix the defense, and Summers may not be the guy?
Do not compare me to Nub suckers!

LOL calling for FBI investigations is something they do. This loss sucks, but we were playing without 9 starters at one point in this game (Howell's twitter). Don't have a ton of depth defensively-but hopefully we'll get Viska, Maddox, and Johnson (among others) back for Wazzu if they aren't available Friday. Cal shutout the Oregon offense for a half tonight-there are no sure L's in this league.

The role of the QB is major in this sport. If you have a clutch QB who makes the right plays in big spots, you will win. We all know that Montez is capable. It’s just that his inconsistency has made our overall team performance inconsistent. When he’s on, we are world beaters. When he is off, everything falls apart.
Our D was getting stops, especially early in the game. Our O didn’t capitalize. As the game progressed, our O didn’t capitalize in two goal to go situations. In a close game, that’s your margin. We aren’t good enough to consistently overcome spotty play.

I can’t blame it all on Montez. We we’re driving after it was 3-0 and penalty after penalty after penalty killed it. First and goal from the 5 isn’t on him, that was Jay Johnson unless Montez has the ability to change to a pass play than its on him. That 3rd down play and that 4th down pass on the last possession we’re both horrible for Johnson and Montez. Arias dropped a touchdown that was a dime of a throw. He went and got us FOURTEEN points at the end of the first half and we let them score. He scored again and we let them score in what 6 plays? Then we got a FG and we let them do it AGAIN. He certainly isn’t innocent but he put up 30 points today. If you can’t win when you score 30 points that’s scary.

LOL calling for FBI investigations is something they do. This loss sucks, but we were playing without 9 starters at one point in this game (Howell's twitter). Don't have a ton of depth defensively-but hopefully we'll get Viska, Maddox, and Johnson (among others) back for Wazzu if they aren't available Friday. Cal shutout the Oregon offense for a half tonight-there are no sure L's in this league.

Sorry, the FBI joke was a CSU reference and I am pissed we lost. Everything you are saying I agree with. Proud of the guys that stepped in. Noyer looked a bit lost, that is why he got subbed out. My frustration is that it is unlikely AZ did not have more penalties that would have helped out balance the game. My apologies, we are on the same page.

Sorry, the FBI joke was a CSU reference and I am pissed we lost. Everything you are saying I agree with. Proud of the guys that stepped in. Noyer looked a bit lost, that is why he got subbed out. My frustration is that it is unlikely AZ did not have more penalties that would have helped out balance the game. My apologies, we are on the same page.

Hey he’s an a-hoel so i can’t blame you.

Back