What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Arizona Game Thread

Hey he’s an a-hoel so i can’t blame you.

Nice

we got tricked on our defensive game plan based on them running the ball normally. Safety depth was so iffy! Still not sure how the Star position works in relationship to the safeties? Seems the Star covers TE, crossing routes and a secondary edge setter. But then we have no actual pass rush, and if a safety also runs up to the LOS, then we are dead meat deep? 3-4 huge plays later and no pass rush, you lose even after scoring 30 points. Still trying to understand the plan?

I can’t blame it all on Montez. We we’re driving after it was 3-0 and penalty after penalty after penalty killed it. First and goal from the 5 isn’t on him, that was Jay Johnson unless Montez has the ability to change to a pass play than its on him. That 3rd down play and that 4th down pass on the last possession we’re both horrible for Johnson and Montez. Arias dropped a touchdown that was a dime of a throw. He went and got us FOURTEEN points at the end of the first half and we let them score. He scored again and we let them score in what 6 plays? Then we got a FG and we let them do it AGAIN. He certainly isn’t innocent but he put up 30 points today. If you can’t win when you score 30 points that’s scary.
We can't win with 30.

We need more than that from our offense.

But I agree that you can't blame it all on Montez. He was actually one of our better players today on the whole. However, we need more from him to win and those plays were there for him to make.

Disagree here. No way to evaluate the coaching with such poor talent and ridiculous injuries on D.

No other P5 team would have hired Michalowski or Tillman. Probably not Summers at DC either.

And even if I give the coaching a pass, the recruiting on that side of the ball is not good.

I can’t blame it all on Montez. We we’re driving after it was 3-0 and penalty after penalty after penalty killed it. First and goal from the 5 isn’t on him, that was Jay Johnson unless Montez has the ability to change to a pass play than its on him. That 3rd down play and that 4th down pass on the last possession we’re both horrible for Johnson and Montez. Arias dropped a touchdown that was a dime of a throw. He went and got us FOURTEEN points at the end of the first half and we let them score. He scored again and we let them score in what 6 plays? Then we got a FG and we let them do it AGAIN. He certainly isn’t innocent but he put up 30 points today. If you can’t win when you score 30 points that’s scary.
Montez can change the plays. They’ve given him audible ability based upon the coverages. As a fifth year player who’s in his third year as the main starter, he has finally gotten this permission.
The defense is bad to be sure. Even though they’re terrible, they gave him stops when he needed to score.

Before today, we were one of the least penalized teams. Yet, the team looked similar to how it did when we lost a close game that we should’ve won. Your assessment ignores what Montez hasn’t done in crucial situations when the O must get a touch down or even a first down. How did he do on the play after the Arias drop? How come he didn’t run forward on the final drive instead of running backward out of bounds ? How come he attempted a low percentage deep play on 3rd and 5 on the final drive when Dimitri Stanley was getting a 10 yard cushion?
In the broadcast, he stated that he knows he must step up in the pocket. When he did, the O advanced and made plays. When he didn’t, we were off the field.
Montez’ performances can’t be judged by statistics alone. As fans of the team, we know that what he does in crucial moments of games is really all that matters.

Our O-Line and Coach Kap are trending nicely!
RB’s are solid
WR is deep and studly (Arias must catch that ball since I have been pumping him up!)
Like about 85-90% of Jay Johnson’s play calling
DL is actually showing good signs, but depth and impact is critical
Not sure why Akil Jones is not a rock solid starter!
Good to see Callier get a tackle
Lavontae Shenault was almost on the final play had we not called timeout, which in the future we cannot call that timeout!

ugggghhh

4-1 would have been huge

Nice

we got tricked on our defensive game plan based on them running the ball normally. Safety depth was so iffy! Still not sure how the Star position works in relationship to the safeties? Seems the Star covers TE, crossing routes and a secondary edge setter. But then we have no actual pass rush, and if a safety also runs up to the LOS, then we are dead meat deep? 3-4 huge plays later and no pass rush, you lose even after scoring 30 points. Still trying to understand the plan?

CU fans has been bitching about coaching for the last 15 years. The big issue is that we need better talent!!!!

I’m speechless. I want to blame someone but don’t know who to. We need to play mistake free to win. If we’d have played even relatively mistake free today we’d have won. I can’t address the referee calls because you can’t tell at the game. But the penalties and dropped TD pass cost us at least 10 points.

Folks
We were playing our 3rd and 4th string Safeties. Safeties getting burned on deep throws was the issue.
KD was not in the last few series?
Mustafa would have made plays!
Played a true freshman corner all day (Trujillo actually played well)
Agreed that the D has to stop people, but damn they got no experienced bodies. Arizona out schemed us today taking advantage of no corners or safeties.
I love Tucker, and I trust him to fix everything.
Arizona not having any penalties needs an FBI Investigation, that was BS
One of the safeties getting burned deep was our #1 safety though. ☹

**** Arizona. I’m not quite ready to call the FBI but wtf was that bull****? The refs suck.

I can’t wrap my head around this. Everything in this game was in our favor (turnovers, total yards, rushing) and we somehow lost.

I can’t wrap my head around what just happened, frustrating.
This x 10 - the 8 to 1 penalties definitely had a play. Shoulda, coulda woulda been up a few scores - drop TD hurt. But it came down us being out schemed. Taylor 4 yards and Tate 23 yards rushing - 83 total yards rushing? - we were too worried they were going to gash us on the ground (aka AFA), but they killed us with the dink and dunks.

Bad loss - one that will burn with me for a while (live is PHX), especially after the big win in Tempe. However, I truly believe we make this up with a win over a team no one expects us to beat (no more mobile QBs to fear, so getting out schemed). Just need to find a way to win 3 more. Trust in Tuck to get it done.

I know this is obvious, but I still can’t help but wondering why we don’t dial up even the more than super rare blitz. Our d backs are a liability and our linebackers suck at coverage. An obvious way to combat those things are to blitz and yet we rarely do. If we weren’t seeing guys on the other team wide open all the time, then I get playing it straight up almost as much as we do. But we do see guys wide open, and we get burned all the time without blitzing, so what’s the downfall with dialing it up more often?

This loss sucked, but this team is better than I thought they’d be. Especially with injuries ravaging our most depth challenged position groups (DL and Secondary), this team has been in position to win every game its played. Next week will be a big challenge going against a good offense on the road in a short week. We will need to summon the spirit of Good Montez in order to be competitive in Eugene.
Quit making the injury excuse. Every team has them.

Like every other team. Injuries happen every year. Good teams have depth. This is not a good team. #3winsin19.

Yes and No
Yes injuries happen
Yes Great teams have depth
No, our injuries are not normal right now
Our best D-Lineman was cheapshotted out and so many important players are injured.
This IS a good team with a very very thin margin that plays hard.
The 2016 team played a lot of great football without major injuries beyond Sefo. If that team had the same injuries as this team, they would have been about 7-6 and not 10-4. If things do not change on healthy bodies then this team will be 5-9 instead of 8-5!!!

#STFUnegativenelly

Why do you hate Tucker so much? Did you really like MM that much?
My opinions don’t have anything to do with tucker or MM. all I have said is I don’t Think this team will win 6 games, and MT’s recruiting, so far, is no better than MM’s. More of you agree with me today than two weeks ago. Just too big of $ussy’s to admit it. And by the end of the year all of you will see that I was right on first prediction, and by February signing day all of you will see I was right on second opinion.

My opinions don’t have anything to do with tucker or MM. all I have said is I don’t Think this team will win 6 games, and MT’s recruiting, so far, is no better than MM’s. More of you agree with me today than two weeks ago. Just to big of $ussy’s to admit it. And by the end of the year all of you will see that I was right on first prediction, and by February signing day all of you will see I was right on second opinion.

No one agrees with you on three wins though. So not at all true, other than you constantly shifting goalposts.

The only pussy is apparently you because you do not have the guts to explain why you have been so down on Tucker from the beginning.

My opinions don’t have anything to do with tucker or MM. all I have said is I don’t Think this team will win 6 games, and MT’s recruiting, so far, is no better than MM’s. More of you agree with me today than two weeks ago. Just too big of $ussy’s to admit it. And by the end of the year all of you will see that I was right on first prediction, and by February signing day all of you will see I was right on second opinion.
You said that the team is only going to win 3 games. Now they’re not going to win 6 games?

You said this team won't win another game this year. We will see. But don't be a coward and change your own word

Are you hoping to be right numbnuts?
MM could not hold Tuckers jockstrap (brilliant quote from 45)
I predict some signing day surprises and quality.

God you are a ****

Back