What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Cal Score Prediction Thread

I'm excited to see that we generated some actual smack talk between our schools (congrats to NYC and Alfred91). Of course predictably it immediately degenerated in to flexing on academic qualifications, but I'm thrilled someone made the effort.

On the game, look for Cal to do it's usual thing of failing to score any points at all while putting the opposing team into a 52 minute submission hold and torturing them until they freak out and shoot themselves in the foot. See Biggie Marshall at SC deciding that 4th and 13 in a game his team was losing by one point was the perfect time to approach the Cal bench and discuss the finer points of how the Cal coaches and players could f*** themselves. The fact that he brought not one but two refs with him for the exchange showed he was taking it to the next level. Or, for example, Chris Petersen at UW deciding that deep in his own territory at the end of a tight game was the perfect time to throw his freshman quarterback in to shake things up because "Hey what could possibly go wrong?"

Cal's biggest risk is that the Buffs are too laid back to commit seppuku. Cal must also avoid it's mid season strategy of continually throwing passes directly to the opposing team in the hope that running them back for defensive touchdowns will eventually wear them out. We seem to have exorcised those demons, but stay tuned.

Iowa 42
Fuskers 10

Ummmm I expect a pretty ugly game, but I think Roper and staff will lead these kids like they've got nothing to lose, and these kids will play their asses off for him because there's nothing to lose-Buffs 19, Cal 13.
Wrong thread for Husker score pedictions there Ahole. But I respect your erroneous prediction none the less.

Wrong thread for Husker score pedictions there Ahole. But I respect your erroneous prediction none the less.

Are we going to have your dumb *** on here Monday trying to sell us on Iowa being a great rivalry for the Nubs after they paste you for the third year in a row?

Are we going to have your dumb *** on here Monday trying to sell us on Iowa being a great rivalry for the Nubs after they paste you for the third year in a row?
Stay tuned. You'll find out.
Reminds me of the Top Gun locker room scene:

Goose: You're a lot brighter than you look-
Slider: Oh, you shut up.
Goose: OK, I will.

I know there's a lot of hope out there in AB land, but it's better directed towards next year rather than this weekend.

Berkeleys: 24
Buffs: 7 (scored first, of course)

I, for one, cannot wait until our D meets your O-line in our stadium playing on our amazing artificial turf.

BTW: Who on your squad is hurt (and were they any good)?

Prediction
Fuzzy Wuzzy 13
Cloven Hooves 3

I, for one, cannot wait until our D meets your O-line in our stadium playing on our amazing artificial turf.

BTW: Who on your squad is hurt (and were they any good)?

Prediction
Fuzzy Wuzzy 13
Cloven Hooves 3
Unlike when we went there with Hawkins as our HC, we actually have a silent count installed in our offense. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Unlike when we went there with Hawkins as our HC, we actually have a silent count installed in our offense. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
Nik told them he was a real pro jock, and who do they give him, but the DALAI LAMA HIMSELF. Twelfth son of the 'lama.

Wait so we're going to Berkeley to receive total....consciousness?

We go up 7-0 to start, and then trade a bunch of field goals when the offenses screw up.

16-12 good guys.

Montez today: "Hopefully we have a plan good enough to win."

Not a lot of confidence in the gameplanning from him at this point.

ugh.

Hopefully the team finds some confidence somewhere.

This might be the most damning comment of the assistants on the staff I've seen anywhere (starting with Chev).

I mean it's nice that Montez has faith in Mr. Roper and all, but come on. The guy could never figure out Jack wasn't in fact gay? And why did he care if was straight and living with Chrissy and Janet anyway? I really hope for the Buffs sake he's a better coach than he is a landlord.

Good lord, that's depressing. We're gonna lose 30-7. 16-7 at half and then something goes sideways mid-way through the 3rd and the wheels come off.

We aren't doing anything different
the preparation is exactly the same

Maybe we should change something?

Didn't someone famous once say that doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results was . . . what's the word I'm looking for?

Back