What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Horned Frogs Score Prediction Thread

This is one of four winnable games on the schedule.

If the Buffs don't win this weekend those of you with hope for this season should rapidly lower your expectations so that you aren't ever tempted to make and post to the interwebs a video from your ****ter.

Prediction: both teams will show flashes that give hope to their fans, but talent will win over discipline.

Froggies 27
Buffs 17

Buffs cover! (I actually think they will do that a lot this year.)

This would imply I wear britches.
MacDonald-Tartan-Kilt-14.jpg

I don't really know what to make of the CU team this year. A tremendous amount of turnover. I don't see TCU as any world beaters either. Both teams will have new offensive signal callers . CU needs to be better on offense this year, if Lewis is the starter he needs to move the chains more consistently. On paper it seems like TCU has the advantage on offense - they return a lot of talent on a team that scored better last year than CU. If this game becomes a shootout I think TCU will win. CU has to run the ball effectively and score TDs not FGs when they get into the red zone.

CU is at home at night which I think give them an advantage. I will go with a homer pick of CU winning 27-24. I think we will get a feeling from this game what this team really is.

(TCU) return a lot of talent on a team that scored better last year than CU.
We will definitely be better than the historically bad offense fielded last year.

But we could still be significantly below average on that side of the ball while still being echelons better.

I still can't believe Dorrell didn't see that coming on O last year. Just terrible.

I don’t think we are going to get any indication as to what kind of team we have from this game. Like last year, the best indication as to what kind of team we have will come in week 3 against Minnesota. That game was a microcosm of the entire season, and I believe it will be again this year. Minnesota isn’t some world beater, but we sure made them look like one in 2021.

Time for my patented nap from 8-10, wake up and pound a beer before kickoff strategy
I'll just set the recorder and watch it in the morning. If it's a good game I'll still enjoy it, if its a bad game I won't be pissed I stayed up until 1 am just to torture myself.

I don’t think we are going to get any indication as to what kind of team we have from this game. Like last year, the best indication as to what kind of team we have will come in week 3 against Minnesota. That game was a microcosm of the entire season, and I believe it will be again this year. Minnesota isn’t some world beater, but we sure made them look like one in 2021.
We seem to go through this every year. As the first game jitters approach, and the possible realization of the off season fears, someone posts the inevitable, "You can't really tell anything from the first game" post.

Actually, you can. If a lower tier B12 comes in and runs CU, one could conclude the season is probably in the crapper. Just like many of us knew the OL was awful last year when the only running plays that worked were the ones where Jarek simply out ran the D to the corner, and that no name OLB from No. Colorado (#10 IIRC), abused the edge of the OL.

If CU effectively runs the ball, scores meaningful points (not late TD's in garbage time), defends the pass effectively, we can be cautiously optimistic.

Tomorrow will tell us quite a bit.

We seem to go through this every year. As the first game jitters approach, and the possible realization of the off season fears, someone posts the inevitable, "You can't really tell anything from the first game" post.

Actually, you can. If a lower tier B12 comes in and runs CU, one could conclude the season is probably in the crapper. Just like many of us knew the OL was awful last year when the only running plays that worked were the ones where Jarek simply out ran the D to the corner, and that no name OLB from No. Colorado (#10 IIRC), abused the edge of the OL.

If CU effectively runs the ball, scores meaningful points (not late TD's in garbage time), defends the pass effectively, we can be cautiously optimistic.

Tomorrow will tell us quite a bit.
LY, you could spin Lewis's poor performance against UNC as first game jitters, but there was absolutely no sugar coating the fact the OL had its hands completely full against a bad FCS DL.

O/U 1.5 drunken students that find their way onto the field prior to the end of the game

LY, you could spin Lewis's poor performance against UNC as first game jitters, but there was absolutely no sugar coating the fact the OL had its hands completely full against a bad FCS DL.
The oline was getting pushed back in that first half.

A TCU Fan, with his suitcase and purple sweatshirt, saw my CU Polo today down by Union Station and bought me coffee.

TCU 34 - CU 14.

Back