What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. TCU Game Thread

There is no way this was a competition unless Shrout just throws INTs all day in practice, and if so, it is the QB coach's job to clean that up so that this kind of talent can be on the field.

It is only 7-6

haha

kill me now barney stinson GIF
\

Me realizing the whole QB competition was between "Can't make reads" Lewis and "Forces the throw" Shrout and the coaches were trying to figure out which was the least detrimental.

Talent deficit with Colorado can’t withstand the turnovers…
I’d give him another chance. Forcing the ball on third and long with 8 seconds left isn’t great, but I wouldn’t call it bonehead either. If he’s taking those chances in more “normal” situations, then it’s a problem.

I mean… if our defense can keep it together, I’m liking our chances if QB2 starts the second half. CU 212 to 67 total yards in the first half.

According to Barnett, McCown is the REAL QB on this team. Accurate and knowledgable, I could actually see him playing by years end and being the guy next year. Shrout gives us the best chance to win now

I’d give him another chance. Forcing the ball on third and long with 8 seconds left isn’t great, but I wouldn’t call it bonehead either. If he’s taking those chances in more “normal” situations, then it’s a problem.
Well, you got a buncha folks dick riding him because of his throws in the two minute drill. Gotta evaluate good and bad. Arm talent obviously better. Is the decision-making clearly better? That’s not obvious.

Well, you got a buncha folks dick riding him because of his throws in the two minute drill. Gotta evaluate good and bad. Arm talent obviously better. Is the decision-making clearly better? That’s not obvious.
I liked the energy and aggressiveness.

My attention deficit disorder can’t take the impotent offense with Lewis at the helm. I like his heart and I’d be ok with some packages to use his skills but he’s not a threat to any defense.
So you’d rather have your QB throw 4 TDs and 3 picks than muck it up and keep it close?

I would rather see JT throwing it downfield with an occasional pick vs a QB that throws it into the ground, missing multiple open WR's consistently.
I'm fine with Lewis transferring tomorrow- and I was hyped with him in the bowl game. Either Lewis is being poorly developed or he is not a QB at this level. JT is the guy this year (Dorrell says hold my beer and starts Lewis next week)

I’ll take my chances with JT. Better vision, good mobility.
I thought this TCU defense couldn’t stop the run? Not a lot of “imposing our will” on the O line

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

Shrout has arm talent. It's clearly obvious the staff had a hard time deciding whether the talent + the boneheaded plays were worth the risk over B Lew who wasn't able to make fully proper reads but could also make plays with his feet.

Totally disagree. It’s irrelevant, in college you play for points, which regardless of decision making is the superior arm talent.

Brendon Lewis struggles to make decisions.

Totally disagree. It’s irrelevant, in college you play for points, which regardless of decision making is the superior arm talent.
Did you know that the #1 determining statistic in winning and losing games in this sport is the turn-over ratio? Giving your opponents extra possessions enables them to score more points more frequently.

Back