What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UNC Score Prediction Thread

42-6, Buffs. JBrou gets 2 TDs on 2 touches, the first and 2nd offensive plays for the Buffs, then sits the rest of the game. Otherwise it will just be ridiculous. Need to not reveal too much for next week.

Honestly though, we need the back ups to keep runnin’ train on them or it could still signal a long season.
I agree but a mix of HCKD good buddyism, CU's questionable depth and the Good Feet of the UNC bears will keep it respectable.

Holy ****. I somehow missed this story. Calling the staff a "train wreck" is putting it very, very mildly. Check it out.

Highlights:
  • The head coach, offensive coordinator (Max McCaffrey lol wtf?), defensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator, came to UNC with a COMBINED 3 years coaching at the collegiate level. All 3 belong to the STC, who coached 1 year at Tabor College and 2 years at Adams State.
  • All of the coordinators (except Max McCaffrey) were hired directly from HS programs. In fact, so were the ACs for the QBs, OLBs, DL, RBs. Only the TE coach, who is a holdover from the last staff, and the OL coach, who was hired from Ottawa University in Arizona, were hired from college.
  • Max McCaffrey's bio lists literally zero coaching experience. I bet the TE coach, who used to be the UNC offensive coordinator 7 years ago, is really thrilled to be working under an OC with no coaching experience.
  • The DBs coach's bio also lists no coaching experience- it also makes it clear that he is a "volunteer" assistant coach.
Seeing all of that- if this game (at least the first half) is anything less than a complete bloodbath it will be a very long season for CU. It better be something like:

45-7.
They should have no problem covering then

Bears might break some big plays late.

I would be surprised if we see the Buffs do anything defensively more complicated than they would have the scout team run in a spring drill. Certainly not going to show any disguised or mixed coverages, not going to run any of their line stunts or blitz packages.

Still just on talent our second and third string defenses should be able to control the UNC offense.

Lots of optimism here which I really do hope comes to fruition. Just been burned with seeing CU struggle with FCS opponents and running QBs all these years.

The team looked really well coached last year, if CU executes they should roll, guess I just am tempering my expectations.

Buffs 1
Bears 0

Win in a forfeit as their bus breaks down on the way from Greeley, the tires and wheels stolen and the catalytic converters removed by meth-heads. Or a Covid outbreak amongst them, because it's Greeley.

Buffs 49
Bears 13

Hope that our new Little Ralphie has a solid couple of runs and enjoys the spotlight. The crowd will be excited to see her run, hope that does not shock her, but I am sure they have been running her in Folsom with sound.

It’s going to take more than a 3 score lead in the first half to pull the starters. Lewis needs the reps as well
Not all 24-0's are built the same way. I'm assuming we run the ball down their throats, which keeps the clocks moving. Ultimately, Lewis' need for experience is balanced by his need to stay uninjured and fresh, while also getting the #2 some game time. Lewis is only going to get so much "good experience" from UNC that will translate to aTm.

Probably just me, but I am tired of not seeing our coaches play the backups early and often. Lewis got good big game experience in the bowl. He doesn't need to play 3Q's vs UofGreeley.

Not all 24-0's are built the same way. I'm assuming we run the ball down their throats, which keeps the clocks moving. Ultimately, Lewis' need for experience is balanced by his need to stay uninjured and fresh, while also getting the #2 some game time. Lewis is only going to get so much "good experience" from UNC that will translate to aTm.

Probably just me, but I am tired of not seeing our coaches play the backups early and often. Lewis got good big game experience in the bowl. He doesn't need to play 3Q's vs UofGreeley.
In my mind, the perfect scenario is that he plays the first half and we lead by 4 scores. He plays the first series of the second half and finishes it with a TD. He sits after that. Buffs win 48-10.

Buffs 1
Bears 0

Win in a forfeit as their bus breaks down on the way from Greeley, the tires and wheels stolen and the catalytic converters removed by meth-heads. Or a Covid outbreak amongst them, because it's Greeley.
Could be Greeley, more likely driving through Longmont.

1. You will almost never see the 1s benched at half time, regardless of score (ok, maybe with a 6-7 TD lead). They will almost always come out and play at least the first drive of 3Q.

2. If we are running down their throat all of 1H, where is Lewis’ getting his experience prior to aTm? He needs meaningful reps and he’ll get those as long as the coaches continue running the offense.

Back