What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Washington Game Thread

Well I don’t want to dox myself here and give out my seat number, but yes, I’m the profane guy that brought the heartbroken Duck fan last night.

Ok! Was he alright? Tough loss for Oregon fans, I imagine. We'll have to say hello next season.

I don't have much else to contribute that hasn't already been said, but I'll join the victory slobber-fest because it seems like the thing to do.

First, I thought our Mighty Buffs had no shot at the puppies. I discounted our defense's last performance because of Stanford's anemic offense. Still can't figure out how a team that had given up 13 sacks in the previous 10 games gave up 5 last night. Herculean effort by the defense. It's remarkable how much better our backfield looks when we put pressure on the QB.

Second - I've never witnessed before what I saw when Viska scored the TD. Yes, the catch showcased his incredible talent, but what was really odd about the play was the fact that the entire stadium was fooled for what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds after the play was over. Nobody in our section knew what happened. We all thought it was intercepted, then we thought it was incomplete, but we couldn't find the ball. Even with the TD signal from the refs we still couldn't figure out how he caught the ball. Remarkable. It's going to be really fun watching him on Sundays.

Lastly - I found myself spending the entire 4th quarter absolutely convinced we were going to lose. With ridiculous penalties being called against us giving them first downs, or their conversion on 4th and 8, all I could think was "here we go again". In retrospect, I did the exact same thing at the Stanford game. I chalk it up to Battered Buffs Syndrome. I've got to find a way to start believing (and even expecting) the rightful outcome.

What I do believe, much more so than at any time in the past couple decades, is that Tucker is the right man for the job. With recruiting squarely pointed in the direction we've hoped for, the future is bright, and not very far away.

Now if we can somehow figure out how to get a W in Salt Lake, AllBuffs will explode.

GO BUFFS!

Last edited:
I don't have much else to contribute that hasn't already been said, but I'll join the victory slobber-fest because it seems like the thing to do.

First, I thought our Mighty Buffs had no shot at the puppies. I discounted our defense's last performance because of Stanford's anemic offense. Still can't figure out how a team that had given up 13 sacks in the previous 10 games gave up 5 last night. Herculean effort by the defense. It's remarkable how much better our backfield looks when we put pressure on the QB.

Second - I've never witnessed before what I saw when Viska scored the TD. Yes, the catch showcased his incredible talent, but what was really odd about the play was the fact that the entire stadium was fooled for what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds after the play was over. Nobody in our section knew what happened. We all thought it was intercepted, then we thought it was incomplete, but we couldn't find the ball. Even with the TD signal from the refs we still couldn't figure out how he caught the ball. Remarkable. It's going to be really fun watching him on Sundays.

Lastly - I found myself spending the entire 4th quarter absolutely convinced we were going to lose. With ridiculous penalties being called against us giving them first downs, or their conversion on 4th and 8, all I could think was "here we go again". In retrospect, I did the exact same thing at the Stanford game. I chalk it up to Battered Buffs Syndrome. I'm got to find a way to start believing (and even expecting) the rightful outcome.

What I do believe, much more so than at any time in the past couple decades, is that Tucker is the right man for the job. With recruiting squarely pointed in the direction we've hoped for, the future is bright, and not very far away.

Now if we can somehow figure out how to get a W in Salt Lake, AllBuffs will explode.

GO BUFFS!
Battered Buff Syndrome = BBS. Credit married2abuff for an outstanding acronym!!

After the game, Mel said Mustafa was day to day and working hard to get back on the field. Makes me think he has a shot to play this weekend.
I hadn't heard anything until it was announced right before the game that he wasn't playing - which makes me suspect it was day-to-day last week and there was a chance he would play against UW. So even better shot against UU.

Back