What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Cal @ CU Thread - 10/28 @ 12 PM MT Pac-12 Network

But not if you’re ahead by 1 point with 10 seconds left. You waste time and wait for the foul. It’s strategy.
I guess the whole time argument was never in my head, but it was more like we were ahead by 6 with 35 seconds left and we forced a turnover and hit a 3 on the fast break. I mean there was 2:40 left and we were ahead by 16, a single score game with 1 minute left is a different scenario.

I think, with any player, the best way to go about it is behind closed doors. Otherwise it opens up crap not worth dealing with. Pull the guy aside and say, if it's that deep, don't bring it out or something.

I think, with any player, the best way to go about it is behind closed doors. Otherwise it opens up crap not worth dealing with. Pull the guy aside and say, if it's that deep, don't bring it out or something.
Definitely. I was not suggesting it was appropriate for MM to greet him with hysteria. Something like “nice run, we’ll talk more tomorrow” would be appropriate.

A side note: I almost ripped my tickets up and went home trying to get through security.

Then they denied me bringing in my binoculars because they are in a black case. They wouldnt even let us take them out of the case to show them.

I’m getting so sick of this ****ing, lame bull**** that I’m “this” close to cancelling my season tickets. It isn’t fun anymore. Fortunately the win took some of my bitterness away.

From another perspective: I'm sick of seeing signs and getting emails about what you can't bring in - I get it. However, I guess since there will always be people who aren't aware, it's necessary, and I deal with it (hint). I think they've made it pretty clear and the security was actually doing their job, which should be the case all the time. I hate getting stuck in line behind people who can't follow instructions. It sucks that we have to do this ****, but it's the world we live in, and it's not like every other sporting event or concert doesn't involve almost identical policies.
prohibited_bags.jpg

A side note: I almost ripped my tickets up and went home trying to get through security. We’d brought sammiches to bring in and they stopped us and wouldn’t let us take them in. They said there’s been a “no food” rule for years. That may be but we’ve never been denied access before and once in I saw many with their own food.

Then they denied me bringing in my binoculars because they are in a black case. They wouldnt even let us take them out of the case to show them.

I’m getting so sick of this ****ing, lame bull**** that I’m “this” close to cancelling my season tickets. It isn’t fun anymore. Fortunately the win took some of my bitterness away.
When you are not allowed to bring a sealed bottle of water into a game, security has gone too far.

As much as Mark Kiszla is a total ass and a sociopath, his column on Montez was spot on.

From another perspective: I'm sick of seeing signs and getting emails about what you can't bring in - I get it. However, I guess since there will always be people who aren't aware, it's necessary, and I deal with it (hint). I think they've made it pretty clear and the security was actually doing their job, which should be the case all the time. I hate getting stuck in line behind people who can't follow instructions. It sucks that we have to do this ****, but it's the world we live in, and it's not like every other sporting event or concert doesn't involve almost identical policies.
prohibited_bags.jpg

I NEVER take anything into the stadium. It's CU. It's like trying to bring a hand grenade into a day care center....

Do you not understand that security is funded by sales of $4 bottled waters?
Stupid me. My wife went ballistic 20 years ago at a Mizzou game over a bottle of water.Damn near got us kicked out. Still pisses me off.

When you are not allowed to bring a sealed bottle of water into a game, security has gone too far.
I’ve always been able to bring in sealed waters. FYI go into the entrance from franklin field. Shorter line and security seems to be a little more easy going.

Stupid me. My wife went ballistic 20 years ago at a Mizzou game over a bottle of water.Damn near got us kicked out. Still pisses me off.
I went to a Nuggets game last year with a bottle of water in my hand. They promptly confiscated it, after which I was immediately confronted by a stand selling identical bottles for $3. Fortunately I didn’t need one as security fell for the decoy and missed the bottle in my back pocket (under jacket)...

I smuggled in a soda and food yesterday. Packed into deep jacket pockets. Had the jacket crumpled up in one hand along with my wallet, phone and keys displayed in other hand as a means of showing how compliant and not worthy of more extensive searching I was.

I smuggled in a soda and food yesterday. Packed into deep jacket pockets. Had the jacket crumpled up in one hand along with my wallet, phone and keys displayed in other hand as a means of showing how compliant and not worthy of more extensive searching I was.
Maybe we shouldn’t be giving away our secrets...but nice work.

I shared a suite with Rashaan's family, former teammates, and friends. It was super cool to hear all of the stories and memories they had of him. In the suite, the game ball that Rashaan got his 2,000 yards against Iowa State was given to his mom. The guy who gave it to her had been holding on to it for the past 23 years and finally had the opportunity to give it to his family. Super Emotional, but very cool to witness.

You can take food and sealed water or soda into Rockies games. I’m not sure about the Broncos. If I could go to the concession stand and get an order in within halftime, I’d do that. But the lines are 15 or 20 minutes long and the food is way over priced to boot.

You can take food and sealed water or soda into Rockies games. I’m not sure about the Broncos. If I could go to the concession stand and get an order in within halftime, I’d do that. But the lines are 15 or 20 minutes long and the food is way over priced to boot.

The Colorado Rockies is/are a functional private business dependent upon the good will of its paying customers. The CU sports teams are state-supported enterprises bolstered by gangs of unemployable mindless drones who collect tickets, survey IDs, dispense inedible food, and generally annoy the paying public. They are who they are and they suck. At games' end they slink off to their unheated basement apartments and torture their pet gerbils while watching re-runs of "Friends".

The Colorado Rockies is/are a functional private business dependent upon the good will of its paying customers. The CU sports teams are state-supported enterprises bolstered by gangs of unemployable mindless drones who collect tickets, survey IDs, dispense inedible food, and generally annoy the paying public. They are who they are and they suck. At games' end they slink off to their unheated basement apartments and torture their pet gerbils while watching re-runs of "Friends".

I never realized there were that many Nebraska alumni in Boulder.

Go back and look at my posts earlier in this thread, asshat.
Oh I did. But after I had posted this. First thing I wanted to do was come to the thread and call you out. And I'm glad I did. See frustration showing above ^

Back