What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFP Selection Freakout Thread

I'd say that if they played 10 times at a neutral site Bama wins 6 times.

FSU has the better defense.

Milroe is only a slightly smaller question mark against a quality defense than Rodemaker or Glenn is.

I think that you can say without Travis FSU and Bama are comparable. A month of practice for FSU, knowing they're running their offense through Rodemaker makes a world of difference.

So, when you're splitting hairs on who is better today, you should revert to who didn't lose it on the field this sesaon.

It should have come down to comparing Texas and Bama, the way I read the protocol; not to Bama and FSU.
Alabama's D is 9th in FPI and FSU's is 6th and the offenses are in the same range gap...with JT as the QB being 95% of that data.

If you are lobbying for Alabama to make it over FSU because you don’t think FSU matches up well without Jordan Travis, tough ****. The games have to matter and FSU won everything in front of them, including multiple games without him and their conference, while Bama did not.

The outcome of the games on the field have to matter
The committee basically said the regular season doesn't matter by taking alabama.

I did. You are entrenched in the status quo and use the final clause that was inserted to protect the SEC.

By your argument there is no reason to play the season. Just cherry pick who is the best four teams from the SEC and there is your playoff.
I don’t see your answer.

OSU has a much better resume. 9-game conference schedule and beat Notre Dame away in the non-con.

UGA is 8 + GA Tech
Bama is 8 + a home loss to Texas
Plus their championship game results
my point simply was that Ohio ST scheduled a blue-blood willingly not knowing that ND would be down.
Which was to your point that Bama would cry foul for getting hurt for not scheduling patsies. Georgia did not and should suffer.

I'd say that if they played 10 times at a neutral site Bama wins 6 times.

FSU has the better defense.

Milroe is only a slightly smaller question mark against a quality defense than Rodemaker or Glenn is.

I think that you can say without Travis FSU and Bama are comparable. A month of practice for FSU, knowing they're running their offense through Rodemaker makes a world of difference.

So, when you're splitting hairs on who is better today, you should revert to who didn't lose it on the field this sesaon.

It should have come down to comparing Texas and Bama, the way I read the protocol; not to Bama and FSU.
That’s fair. You answered the question. 6/10

I'm very worried about the precedent today set.

With a 12-team playoff, I see them justifying that the Big 12 is a 1-bid league going forward. A scenario where, for example, CU goes 12-1 with a championship game loss and 2-loss teams from the B1G and SEC get picked over them even if those schools didn't beat anyone in their non-conference schedules.

With a 12-team playoff, I see them justifying that the Big 12 is a 1-bid league going forward. A scenario where, for example, CU goes 12-1 with a championship game loss and 2-loss teams from the B1G and SEC get picked over them.

I think that's pretty much a guarantee.

With a 12-team playoff, I see them justifying that the Big 12 is a 1-bid league going forward. A scenario where, for example, CU goes 12-1 with a championship game loss and 2-loss teams from the B1G and SEC get picked over them even if those schools didn't beat anyone in their non-conference schedules.
Totally agree and it will influence the seedings
Big12 winner and ACC winner will get the 9th and 10th seed

The only leagues that will matter going forward are the SEC and the B1G.

Bear in mind that the only non 2024 SEC or B1G team in the top 13 of last week’s AP Poll is FSU
Conference scheduling will take care of that to some extent though. At least one, probably two of Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Oklahoma, or Bama has an additional loss if Texas and Oklahoma are on the SEC schedule this year.

Same goes for the B1G where one of Penn St., Washington, Oregon, Ohio State, catches another loss.

Of the 7 at large bids, I'm guessing the B1G and SEC get 5 or 6 of them in the first year. If the #2 teams from the Big XII and ACC KO the #3/#4 teams from the SEC, then we'll see a little movement away from B1G/SEC primacy.

I'm not saying it's a permanent savior for the ACC and Big XII, as FSU is now going to be ammo'd up with reasons to exit the ACC, it's just a lifeline where some big wins in the playoff by the Big XII and ACC have a chance to shift the narrative.

I see where you’re coming from. I think today reminded me that ratings are king and that as long as coach prime is at cu espn, Fox, etc will bend over backwards to get cu in the playoff.

Your math is great 95% = 19/20

Travis played in 10.5/13 games.

FPI is also not a great tool.
Lordy the math wasn't intended to be exact it was intended to state that the analytics for FSU are almost entirely driven by having JT playing.

Sagarin, FPI, PFF all have Alabama over FSU.

Back