What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado State Game Thread

Lewis has to get this offense going before the second half...starting now.

He stuck with the screens and wide runs for 3 1/2 quarters despite their ineffectiveness.

We haven't had a single great first half on offense yet.
He’d probably do better IF WE HAD AN EFFING RUNNING GAME!!

Total lack of communication this week.

Guys just passing off defenders to no one. Have to think Zalinskas isn't ready to be calling out assignments.
This. Losing Wells absolutely devastated an already shaky line. Need him back next week. Zalinskas is not him yet. Made too many individual mistakes and the C is generally responsible for setting protections. Whoever was doing that tonight was not on top of it. I thought BeBee played some C at Kent. Move him over and out Wilty back in at G who wasn’t awesome against TCU but at least passable.

This. Losing Wells absolutely devastated an already shaky line. Need him back next week. Zalinskas is not him yet. Made too many individual mistakes and the C is generally responsible for setting protections. Whoever was doing that tonight was not on top of it. I thought BeBee played some C at Kent. Move him over and out Wilty back in at G who wasn’t awesome against TCU but at least passable.
I wonder if some of these players could've played but the coaching staff decided to rest them for Oregon. We overlooked CSU so this wouldn't surprise me.

Prime says Travis is out 2 weeks
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Okay guys.

Right after #5 for CSU caught that lucky ass ball when we were getting held on the all out blitz we sent and ran in for the score to put CSU up 28-17, a very irate and upset student ran up the steps, burst out of the student section in front of us, chucked his hat, and stormed out. Two things struck me at that point. First, buck up, whippersnapper, there's plenty of football to be played, second, that dude chucked his hat one way and went out of the stadium another way. Apparently he was done with that hat.

The reason I bring this up is because up until that moment, CSU had outscored the Buffs 28-17. From that moment on, CU would score 26 to CSU's 7. I believe that this kid, unknowingly at the time, put the demons of CU trailing by 10+ in the 4th quarter and losing into that hat, and exorcised them via angrily chucking the hat and storming off. We had lost the past 64 times we trailed by 10+ in the 4th quarter. SIXTY FOUR! Kid chucks the hat, #2 puts on his Superman cape, and the streak ends.

I didn't realize at the time the significance of the hat chucking at the time. I wish I had, because I would now own the exorcised hat, the hat that was chucked for all of us.

But alas.

I wonder if some of these players could've played but the coaching staff decided to rest them for Oregon. We overlooked CSU so this wouldn't surprise me.
I too have been wondering if we tried to get through this one like an NFL preseason game and keep it vanilla and get some guys one more week of healing/learning. CSU is always dangerous though. Their merry little band of “overlooked” regional players look at this as their Super Bowl. Actual P5 players with no direct ties to the region can have a hard time matching that intensity. To take a quote from Prime, for CSU, it’s personal… because they ARE little brother. I’ve seen it too many times over the last 30 years. If we don’t show up ready to play and put them in their place, they’ll make it a game and even steal one occasionally. It’s part of what makes college football great. It’s also why playing CSU is just ****ing retarded.

The crossing routes are an obvious scheme issue that need to be addressed too. Seems like Kelly is scheming to let them catch it and then tackle at, or near, the LOS. If your tackling isn’t consistent. And ours ain’t. That scheme ain’t gonna fly.

Mark Johnson said we are 1-56 when trailing by 10 or more in the 4th (but I may have missed some facts like did he say with under 10 minutes left or something?) quarter. Tonight was No. 1.

Edit: Didn’t see @Alfred91 ’s post above. 1-64 when trailing by 10 or more in the 4th. Tonight being the first.

Last edited:
This game started auspiciously* for us when we were trying to get to our seats (in 218) from the opposite side of the stadium and through the students trying to fill up the student section. We realized we should have gone out and around, but then tried to exit one of the tunnels (maybe tunnel 5) and we got literally caught in a crush of students. It was actually quite scary when you had people pushing up against each other in both directions and there was some girl who needed to get out because I think she was a: drunk, and b: about to pass out.

Glad we ended up winning, but - boy - next week looks tough. And I hope Travis is going to be ok soon.

Also MW refs suck.

*Not the word I would use if it hadn't have been 2 a.m. or so. I don't know what word I was looking for.

Last edited:
this is what we have to worry about with depth and playmakers. when Coach says we need 6-8 more dawgs, this is why. travis is a guy along with shadeur of course we just really couldn't afford to lose headed into the conference slate.

norvell coached dirty and Coach Prime was far more gracious about it than most coaches would have been. i thought for a minute after the game shadeur was gonna punch norvell--- it is good everyone held it together.

watching some scrub cheap shot a first round pick reinforces how little i want to see any future games with a **** team like the sheep, especially when they are going to play dirty.

Back