What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs Minnesota game Thread

Big yikes from me on Dorell’s postgame presser. Last week he was fired up, today he just sounded defeated. Sounds like he’s at a loss of what to do

He was interviewed by the media.
He refused to interview with the TEAM radio
You were done with him the minute he got the job. Stop it.
Once again, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have always been supportive of him and the hire and willing to give him a chance. I’ve been critical of his recruiting at times. Take a lap

Worst I have felt after a CU game since 2002 USC.... obviously there are plenty of putrid performances between now and then, but like that USC game, I actually expected the buffs to look decent today. The absolute ineptitude of the offense was so difficult to stomach. There was not a single bright spot on that side of the ball. Not a goddamn one.

It's been a long time since I have been looking more forward to the broncos than the buffs (that wasn't even the case during the 2015 super bowl run, when the buffs weren't even that good), but suddenly... the Broncos might be my football "event" of the weekend again. Holy ****. I don't think that has happened since the Jake Plummer days.

Gimme a break. I have listened to the post-game in the Colorado Football Network for decades and have never, ever, heard the head coach ditch the post game interview. He’s a coward. Total coward.
Meeting with the writers was a lot safer than having to answers Qs from Barnett.
Myabe 2 minutes of player interviews. They didn't want to speak either.

I thought that too, but koa said he went and met with the media instead (writers?)

GB said we have absolutely hit rock bottom and we now have to find the resolve to work hard....
GB is pretty high on Carter, thinks he has a good future

this totally sux
The Colorado Football Network is where serious fans listen after home games. It is a way to speak directly to the people that care about the program the most. And he ditched us. Inexcusable. Coward.

Big yikes from me on Dorell’s postgame presser. Last week he was fired up, today he just sounded defeated. Sounds like he’s at a loss of what to do
The only possible excuse is that he knows exactly what he needs to do, but wants to "sleep on it" to be sure and then either fire his OC or tender his resignation tomorrow morning.

He refused to interview with the TEAM radio

Once again, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have always been supportive of him and the hire and willing to give him a chance. I’ve been critical of his recruiting at times. Take a lap

It's to the point that I'm pissed at myself at delaying our trip to Costco so I wouldn't miss any of the game. Now my Saturday becomes dealing with a more crowded store after watching this game. Only thing missing are stops at the DMV and dentist, then it would have been a perfect day.
I was thinking that a colonoscopy would be more enjoyable than watching the Buffs, or at least comparable.

I’m confused about what point you’re trying to make. Yak is one of the sunshine pumpers around here and generally positive when the rest of us are curmudgeons.

Ok? I said I was wait and see with him and I was mad about the assistant salary pool still being shut when they made Dorrell the highest paid coach in CU history. How does that mean I was done with him from the beginning? Take another lap

So, HCKD elects not the be interviewed on the radio show. I hade literally never heard that happen, ever. Coward. Total freaking coward.

That's weird, because I just watched his post-game interview with the media on youtube. So, he was answering questions from the media there.

That's weird, because I just watched his post-game interview with the media on youtube. So, he was answering questions from the media there.
It’s not weird. Johnson and especially Barnett would ask much more insightful questions and it is more of a conversation than a press conference. He didn’t want to face that. And he didn’t want to speak directly to the fans. Gutless.

There is enough talent on this team to creatively make yards against any college defense!

Losing last week appeared to carry over, team felt sorry for itself😞

my question has been “Who actually is in control of play calling?”

Well, he's only getting 3.2 mill a year, that isn't vey much. You want him to coach and be accountable for such a pittance?

So was Mel Tucker-but nobody bitched about that because he was such a great recruiter-I mean look at the excellent QB play we've seen through three games.

Like I said earlier-Its really easy to play the kind of backyard football we saw from Lewis in December in the Alamo Bowl. Texas was up 30, had yanked the starters who did play, and was more vanilla than some ice cream most of the second half. The timid as **** QB play we've seen so far this year is more likely what he is barring a sizable improvement in fairly short order.

So was Mel Tucker-but nobody bitched about that because he was such a great recruiter-I mean look at the excellent QB play we've seen through three games.

Like I said earlier-Its really easy to play the kind of backyard football we saw from Lewis in December in the Alamo Bowl. Texas was up 30, had yanked the starters who did play, and was more vanilla than some ice cream most of the second half. The timid as **** QB play we've seen so far this year is more likely what he is barring a sizable improvement in fairly short order.
I still don’t get what point you’re trying to make here. Are you defending KD and Chiv and blaming this on Lewis? Are you telling us that we’re inconsistent in our support of KD vs Tucker? Are you just yelling at clouds?

To your point on Lewis. If it’s easy to relax and play when you’re down by a lot, shouldn’t he have played better in the second half of this game?

Back