What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Oregon game thread

The cleats bit is a dumb gimmick. It is literally all “flash”.

Either all players are standing in the sun or the shade to activate the fabric color change or… are chaffing so vigorously in the shoe the foot is one giant blister.
The recruits seem to enjoy that flash - wed be head over heels if we had their class now

Javon Antonio looks and plays like a TE. Big and a little slow

Need Stoutmire back. He looked quite good vs Nebraska. If he and Robinson emerge that keeps Jay and Breedlove off the field. Getting Hunter back would make a big difference too.

I grew up in a rich, very white, Orange County CA surrounded by USC alums and their kids driving Porsches to high school. I hated their guts as I worked in a gas station pumping their gas every day. Maybe just maybe it isn't all about Prime. Maybe people are saying enough of Shedeur getting annointed the Heisman and showing his Rolex non stop. I'm not saying you are wrong (because you aren't), but it isn't always black and white either.
ralph macchio karate GIF

LOL. The cleats bit is a recruiting gimmick. And it works. If Phil Knight was a CU alum giving money like he does to Oregon you’d be praising him. Much like we praise Prime and admonish all other coaches for smack talk.

This is how The Game is played.
He may become one in the future

Need Stoutmire back. He looked quite good vs Nebraska. If he and Robinson emerge that keeps Jay and Breedlove off the field. Getting Hunter back would make a big difference too.
I thought the same thing about Antonio, he was a little Frankensteinish out there.

Random thoughts from the game…

Went with my girlfriend (soon to be fiancé), who is a fellow CU alum, and her parents and brother, Ducks season ticket holders (but not alums, shocker) that live in southern Oregon. Beautiful facilities and excellent pregame festivities. The significant other’s parents commented that the CU alum tent was the best alum presence they’d seen at a home game. RG needs to figure out how to upgrade Folsom. The concourses, restrooms, and vendors were incredibly easy to navigate. During a long TV break, you could take a whiz, grab a beer, and be back in your seat without missing a snap.

The gf and I had seats in what I thought was the visitor’s section. Wrong. Surrounded by the rudest and most passive aggressive fans I’ve been around. ****heads, the lot of them. There are an incredible amount of ugly and fat people in Oregon. I was expecting a crowd more akin to Boulder than Lincoln. Wrong again. In fairness, the fans are very passionate and that’s the loudest stadium I’ve been in. (I’ve been to most of the Big XII and Pac-12 venues, the old Mile High for playoff games, the new Mile High, Ball Arena, including for Nugs playoff and Finals games this year - I don’t recall anything as loud as Autzen.)

Several other Oregon fans apologized to us for the behavior of the 20 or so obnoxious assholes around us. Also good interactions pre-game with Oregon fans and vendors. So I don’t mean to indict the entire fan base. Eugene is not Lincoln.

As for the game, most of the posters here have nailed it. The lines are atrocious. Shedeur has either got to make a quicker read or take a sack. He can’t run back an 10 extra yards. It’s been alluded to already, our receivers didn’t have the speed and athleticism to create space or beat Oregon defenders after the catch. This was a glaring difference from the first three games and may show itself again next week. After that, I think we’ll see offensive success akin to the first three weeks. Unless we figure **** out quick, however, next week may be rough on the offensive side of the ball. The only thing I was disappointed in yesterday was effort. (I thought the spread was about right going in.) We had to play with our hair on fire to have any chance and we looked complacent or even lazy at times.

This is part of Coach Prime’s story. Of course I wish we won, but none of us thought we were going undefeated this year. I didn’t leave the game disappointed but hopeful. As I said to my girlfriend’s family postgame, I would not be surprised if Coach Prime pushes to get a 1:1 with Oregon on a future slate. That’s who he is. And we keep receipts. Go Buffs

Sanders: God bless him, he's a great coach. He won
Allbuffs: No!! Lanning is a creep, a bitch and a dirty coach

Jeez people, any fan who thinks they have a better perspective on Lanning than Deion Sanders does, might consider taking a break from the Internet

Just woke up (03:14) after a long day of drinking!… glass of whiskey in hand (I clearly have a problem), and i’m still so proud of our Buff’s.

Divided amongst those that love this team, and everyone waiting for the other show to drop.

I love this team, I love our Coach, and I definitely believe!

p.s.
When I got home, my girlfriend gave me the third degree, and essentially it went a little something like this:

I'm impressed you slept with a glass of whiskey and didn't spill it

Last edited:
Random thoughts from the game…

Went with my girlfriend (soon to be fiancé), who is a fellow CU alum, and her parents and brother, Ducks season ticket holders (but not alums, shocker) that live in southern Oregon. Beautiful facilities and excellent pregame festivities. The significant other’s parents commented that the CU alum tent was the best alum presence they’d seen at a home game. RG needs to figure out how to upgrade Folsom. The concourses, restrooms, and vendors were incredibly easy to navigate. During a long TV break, you could take a whiz, grab a beer, and be back in your seat without missing a snap.

The gf and I had seats in what I thought was the visitor’s section. Wrong. Surrounded by the rudest and most passive aggressive fans I’ve been around. ****heads, the lot of them. There are an incredible amount of ugly and fat people in Oregon. I was expecting a crowd more akin to Boulder than Lincoln. Wrong again. In fairness, the fans are very passionate and that’s the loudest stadium I’ve been in. (I’ve been to most of the Big XII and Pac-12 venues, the old Mile High for playoff games, the new Mile High, Ball Arena, including for Nugs playoff and Finals games this year - I don’t recall anything as loud as Autzen.)

Several other Oregon fans apologized to us for the behavior of the 20 or so obnoxious assholes around us. Also good interactions pre-game with Oregon fans and vendors. So I don’t mean to indict the entire fan base. Eugene is not Lincoln.

As for the game, most of the posters here have nailed it. The lines are atrocious. Shedeur has either got to make a quicker read or take a sack. He can’t run back an 10 extra yards. It’s been alluded to already, our receivers didn’t have the speed and athleticism to create space or beat Oregon defenders after the catch. This was a glaring difference from the first three games and may show itself again next week. After that, I think we’ll see offensive success akin to the first three weeks. Unless we figure **** out quick, however, next week may be rough on the offensive side of the ball. The only thing I was disappointed in yesterday was effort. (I thought the spread was about right going in.) We had to play with our hair on fire to have any chance and we looked complacent or even lazy at times.

This is part of Coach Prime’s story. Of course I wish we won, but none of us thought we were going undefeated this year. I didn’t leave the game disappointed but hopeful. As I said to my girlfriend’s family postgame, I would not be surprised if Coach Prime pushes to get a 1:1 with Oregon on a future slate. That’s who he is. And we keep receipts. Go Buffs
Hope she says "yes"!

☝️This

You can fix Shedeurs bad run backwards, run backwards again, then get sacked habit. But you cant fix the OL. My perception is the portal is a lot more skill players and not nearly as many lineman. Prime will probably need to fix the line thru recruiting and build a pipeline.

Washington will humiliate Oregon. Lanning = Taggart = Helfrich. No name never was’
Helfrich took a Ferrari and treated it like a lawnmower, Taggart kind of turned things around, but it really took Cristobal coming in to place an emphasis on the trenches and implement the “big tent” recruiting infrastructure.

Lanning is also from that mold and has built off it even more. He’s proven to be a solid coach and recruiter who can at least maintain what was built. We’ll see just how good he can be

I was referring to a bowl game. I think Prime becomes a massive fish in a small pond next year.
There is still a lot of season left but Its hard for me to imagine CU being on the same bowl tier at the end of the year as Oregon. I see us with more than 2 losses and them with at most 2 losses. They’ll play a new years day bowl while we play in the Holiday bowl at best. Not a fan of a rematch going into recruiting either. Prime likely wants to take us to a bowl, win it, and finish on a strong note.

Last edited:
Washington will humiliate Oregon. Lanning = Taggart = Helfrich. No name never was’
Maybe. The game is at Husky Stadium this year. Last year the score was 37-34 and Nix was injured and had to leave the game. I suspect Oregon will have revenge on their minds.

Must see TV.

He may become one in the future
Prime comes in (as a former Nike athlete, then all in with UA) to CU (which has been a Nike school for as long as I can remember). Just before the spring game Nike and Prime repair bridges and are building a signature line that will probably spin off to its own line (ala Jordan). The DT96’s are being hyped up (the white and gold pair Prime had on looked really cool btw). I suspect Nike could pull a Blenders type sales day if the open the gates for these. Before the game, Prime and Phil hug it out in a friendly embrace.

Nike’s marketing team should take note. “It all (re)started with a hug…”

There is still a lot of season left but Its hard for me to imagine CU being on the same bowl tier at the end of the year as Oregon. I see us with more than 2 losses and them with at most 2 losses. They’ll play a new years day bowl while we play in the Holiday bowl at best. Not a fan of a rematch going into recruiting either. Prime likely wants to take us to a bowl, win it, and finish on a strong note.
Wasn't talking about this year. We're likely a Sun Bowl type team. They're a New Year's Six caliber team.

Next year will likely be another story.

Sanders: God bless him, he's a great coach. He won
Allbuffs: No!! Lanning is a creep, a bitch and a dirty coach

Jeez people, any fan who thinks they have a better perspective on Lanning than Deion Sanders does, might consider taking a break from the Internet
Coach Prime took the high road. Lanning chose not to. I that's all we're pointing out (I joined the thread late, so maybe I missed the "creep", "bitch" and "dirty coach" remarks).

Are you not noticing anything weird about Lanning's energy around CU and Prime?

Which isn’t really a problem. Gives us another big TE type option
Get a serious #1 WR out there like Hunter who occupies CB1 and give SS enough time for the routes to develop and a guy like Antonio becomes a nightmare for the defense to defend.

Use him in 3 WR sets running to the middle of the field and it means that your TE is automatically left alone on a LB or the Strong Safety which even with a TE like Harrison you have a big advantage.

All comes back to pass blocking well enough to let patterns develop though.

Back