What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Wazzu Game Thread 11/17/23

I personally want the best for each and every one of our Buffaloes, and hope that my bad takes were not offensive to anyone. Success as a new coach is always a 3-year process, and I have mentioned that maybe Prime could shorten that, but honestly, it might have gotten longer, and he only has SS one more year, so they gotta settle in on some better Assistants, and need to recruit hard. What kind of NIL do OSU and WSU have?
OSU got a good NIL, WSU is the worst in the P12

None of these players have had great years on their new team
But they beat the Buffs with their new team
The only thing about all the individual analysis and PFF grades is that this is a Team sport and the cohesive plan and culture of a program must be the driving force to being winners. We are not winners, because it was a lot of hype for only a few players.

What an embarrassment to get boat raced by a team that’d lost six straight. Took us almost a full season but we’re back in a very familiar territory when garbage teams do that to us.

Same old CU. Makes you wonder why the roster purge even took place if this was the result, we could have probably had a record close to this by keeping many of the players from last year

What an awful way for this season to progress. I fully expect Utah to beat us by a similar score as tonight.

Also, this season has been an absolute rollercoaster for football in Colorado. We went from the Broncos being a national embarrassment to having their most exciting team since 2016, while the Buffs did the reverse.

Last edited:
After watching the boys on DNVR with Neely, I appreciate what SS brings to this team, and he is worth probably all 4 wins, but guess what, that is because we do not have a good enough Defense, and do not have complete Special Teams, and do not have a commitment or ability to Run the ball.
We won a National Championship and then competed at the top of the College Football world by having three key things:
Great Defense
Great Special Teams
Great Run Games
Yes, a generational QB is the cherry on top, but if you do not have a commitment and ability to do the first three core things, then you lose a lot of close games, and cannot win. If you have those three things in spades, you can win a base of 7 games with an incredibly average QB, even a JT Shrout would win 7 games with Defense-ST-Run Game.
Please commit to those core things, because you do not have to worry about SS, and yet we lead with that on every conversation.
He needs to be worth the final 3-4 wins and not the only 4 wins.

We go to bed early in general, so we did our normal routine and didn’t even turn on the game for a few minutes or check scores (gets me worked up and can’t sleep).

Talk about making the right choice. Didn’t lose a wink over that hot garbage.

All that matters at this point, is who is going to play for us next year.
The fact 5 or 6 guys didn't make the trip is scary - I've seen no mention by Howell, MJ, Rooney, etc. If those guys quit on the team, I'm betting they will explain why publicly.
CP has done a lot of great stuff for CU, but as I've been slammed for saying before, he's not a good game day coach. It's a bit worse than that. He is the field general, the man in charge, at practices and in games. Failures by assistant coaches are on him.
Sad day in the Buff world.

What a surprising game. The final blowout score was more than I expected. Congrats to WSU.

CU looked like a dumpster fire raging larger than the one in Lincoln.

All that matters at this point, is who is going to play for us next year.
The fact 5 or 6 guys didn't make the trip is scary - I've seen no mention by Howell, MJ, Rooney, etc. If those guys quit on the team, I'm betting they will explain why publicly.
CP has done a lot of great stuff for CU, but as I've been slammed for saying before, he's not a good game day coach. It's a bit worse than that. He is the field general, the man in charge, at practices and in games. Failures by assistant coaches are on him.
Sad day in the Buff world.
as stated by many here..the coaching staff needs a makeover…he needs to make the tough decision to get rid of his buddies and move out of his comfort zone…the biggest mistake was taking the play calling duties away from Lewis..he also needs to close the deal on recruits and bring in some hogs and dogs on both lines as well as some lb’s…i dont care anymore about wr, rb, or db recruits at least in the short term…also stop the home game parade of celebs, rappers etc its a total clown act and shows a lack of focus on football

as stated by many here..the coaching staff needs a makeover…he needs to make the tough decision to get rid of his buddies and move out of his comfort zone…the biggest mistake was taking the play calling duties away from Lewis..he also needs to close the deal on recruits and bring in some hogs and dogs on both lines as well as some lb’s…i dont care anymore about wr, rb, or db recruits at least in the short term…also stop the home game parade of celebs, rappers etc its a total clown act and shows a lack of focus on football
he also underestimated how hard this would be to turn this around and prime if he’s serious is going to have to work harder at getting the job done..he like’s the limelight ..i get that ..but less time spent promoting and more time spent coaching will help him

Last edited:
he also underestimated how hard this would be to turn this around and prime if he’s serious is going to have to work harder at getting the job done..he like’s the limelight ..i get that ..but less time spent promoting and more time spent coaching will help him
They coaching their ass off but not all of them are up to snuff and this isn't a good team. Coaching can only do so much. There is a reason why season coaches hate the idea of too much portal. Most of the guys from the portal aren't it guys. Some are but everyone wants them. They will start for everyone. The drop off can be vast at certain positions in the portal as we are experiencing this year.

That said, I did a thread in Barzil about the guys who left our team. It was tragic and based on the grades, we did a lot better than what we lost. We just lost bad players at this level and replace them with average players aka jags for the bulk of them. While some years, that can get you, 6 to 7 wins, it got us nothing this year with our strength of schedule which is rated in the top 5 of the nation.

But the lack of OL talent has been a known quantity for two months. A quality offensive coaching squad would coach around it.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

We dont have the Jimmys and the Joes to coach around that.

They coaching their ass off but not all of them are up to snuff and this isn't a good team. Coaching can only do so much. There is a reason why season coaches hate the idea of too much portal. Most of the guys from the portal aren't it guys. Some are but everyone wants them. They will start for everyone. The drop off can be vast at certain positions in the portal as we are experiencing this year.

That said, I did a thread in Barzil about the guys who left our team. It was tragic and based on the grades, we did a lot better than what we lost. We just lost bad players at this level and replace them with average players aka jags for the bulk of them. While some years, that can get you, 6 to 7 wins, it got us nothing this year with our strength of schedule which is rated in the top 5 of the nation.
i agree with you on the brutal schedule…big 12 will def provide some relief …my concern is we are regressed as season went along…stanford 2nd half was the death nell

What an awful way for this season to progress. I fully expect Utah to beat us by a similar score as tonight.

Also, this season has been an absolute rollercoaster for football in Colorado. We went from the Broncos being a national embarrassment to having their most exciting team since 2016, while the Buffs did the reverse.
I dont think Utah has the offensive power to run the score up this high.

While some years, that can get you, 6 to 7 wins, it got us nothing this year with our strength of schedule which is rated in the top 5 of the nation.
Counting wins is tough.

On one hand, there's a lot of truth in the adage "They don't ask how you won, they ask how many you won."

On the other hand, you really have to address how you won and lost to think about progress.

Last year there was exactly one game that we were really in, and the combination of the dead cat bounce following Dorrell's firing and an abysmal opponent in Cal resulted in the sole win. Perhaps you could slot the ASU game as borderline competitive, but that final score made it seem much closer than it really was.

This season we were competitive against TCU, CSU, ASU, Arizona, Stanford, and Oregon State, and went 3-3 in those closely contested games; we controlled one game against Nebraska, had one that looked closer than it really was against USC and a closer score against UCLA in a game that just felt like UCLA slowly taking control but not running away with it due to a lot of fumbles. Then there's the two bad games where we got boat raced by Oregon and Washington State.

If a few more things bounce just right maybe we're 6-5, if a few more bounce wrong in big moments maybe we're 2-9. Either way, there's a huge improvement over last year.

Last year = took an asswhoopin 10 times, 1 borderline competitive, 1 competitive game
This year = 2 asswhoopins, 2 borderline competitive, 6 competitive, 1 controlled win

I think an adequate in game coaching performance against Stanford shifts us to 1 more controlled win and would have at least made the Utah game a fun endeavor to see if we could get a bowl game. People are right to be pissed about the Stanford game.

I guess the good thing for the Deion Haters is that if he proves them wrong they still get a winning Buffs team, if they're right they get their smug sense of being correct.

What an embarrassment to get boat raced by a team that’d lost six straight. Took us almost a full season but we’re back in a very familiar territory when garbage teams do that to us.
The only difference between this year and last year is the OOC wins. This teams has a long way to go, and a coach who needs to show a lot of growth this off-season.

Last night was pathetic. That team could have named their score.

Back