What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Well, I work with a few architects that are CU grads. I'll ask 'em.

Make sure they are not CU denver grads, which i believe offers that major. I know some guys that started at CU and had to finish in Denver to get the degree.

Make sure they are not CU denver grads, which i believe offers that major. I know some guys that started at CU and had to finish in Denver to get the degree.
CU Boulder only has the Environmental Design major - which is basically set up as a 4 year undergrad base for any design-related field. The graduate School of Architecture and Urban Design is at CU-Denver.

Boulder but older. One is a geezer, another probably mid 40's. But they should know the story.

I roomed with a guy who did architecture - however I have to assume that based on boulder77's comment, he majored in Environmental Design. He used to go the studio at all hours to build his little models.

So, in the mid 70's, there was a movement in architecture that kind of moved into the social/economic realm and a lot of schools changed their programs from "architecture" to "environmental design." CU did so around '75. If you want an architecture degree, you go through the environmental design program at CU then a 2 year Masters program at CU-Denver. Interesting.

CU_Boulder_Stadium_Renovation-20150604-152108.jpg
CU_Boulder_Stadium_Renovation-20150604-152342.jpg

giphy.gif

The IPF doesn't look right. Ate they going to assemble the steel and then lift it onto the walls?

The Rick George indoor practice facility for football players who can't play football and want to do other stuff good, too.

Kind of a bummer. We won't get to see the IPF floor system go in on the construction cam. They'll have the frame and probably start putting the skin up before the floor system. I was looking forward to that.

I will also give additional credit to the marketing department of the AD as they are handling this roll out well

They're definitely building a TON of excitement within the fanbase. I like the move to invite local media to tour the facility as well (ie Denver Post in the last week or two). Would be nice to get some national coverage out here to tour it as well when it gets into July. I think it would be a great feature to have on College Football Live heading into fall camp. The key is to make it resonate within our recruiting footprint. How to reach the western US and FL and TX? I think they are doing a great job so far and so excited for August!

That rooftop deck is going to be incredible. That's the kind of thing nobody else in college football has.

They're definitely building a TON of excitement within the fanbase. I like the move to invite local media to tour the facility as well (ie Denver Post in the last week or two). Would be nice to get some national coverage out here to tour it as well when it gets into July. I think it would be a great feature to have on College Football Live heading into fall camp. The key is to make it resonate within our recruiting footprint. How to reach the western US and FL and TX? I think they are doing a great job so far and so excited for August!

I'll call Chris Fowler and see if he wants to go for a tour, then some golf at Flatirons, then margs at the Rio. Who's in?

(don't wear your good shoes...)

Last edited:
Back