What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Sounds similar to the Rockies' roof top, without the 9 different bars. Does the CU roof top have a lot of TVs?
nope -- I didn't see any TV's up there. everyone who cared about the game was crowded against the railing.

nope -- I didn't see any TV's up there. everyone who cared about the game was crowded against the railing.
That's dumb. There should be enough flat screens on the roof top where you can be standing anywhere and still see what's going on. For all their faults, the Monforts got the Rockies' Rooftop right.

That's dumb. There should be enough flat screens on the roof top where you can be standing anywhere and still see what's going on. For all their faults, the Monforts got the Rockies' Rooftop right.
yeah, that thought occurred to me as well. bottom line for me though, I can't envision a situation where I would want to pay an additional fee to be on the rooftop where watching the game is difficult, just for the privilege of being able to purchase $7 beers. Also, at the AZ game, it was much windier on the rooftop. I couldn't wait to get back down to the stands.

still, a terrace like this is not common in college football and it's great that CU and Folsom have one more differentiator in the game day experience.

yeah, that thought occurred to me as well. bottom line for me though, I can't envision a situation where I would want to pay an additional fee to be on the rooftop where watching the game is difficult, just for the privilege of being able to purchase $7 beers. Also, at the AZ game, it was much windier on the rooftop. I couldn't wait to get back down to the stands.

still, a terrace like this is not common in college football and it's great that CU and Folsom have one more differentiator in the game day experience.
Were you the guy yelling, "tatanka" for the entire 3rd quarter?!

Northwestern is about to break ground on a 230 million dollar facility right on the lake and it looks awesome.

That is an insane complex.

I honestly think if they started to win consistently someone would contribute something like that. It wouldn't be a common thing but it would probably happen. It is so hard to raise funds with the performance of the team over the last ten years which makes the job RG has done over the last 2.5 years even more impressive.

Getting quite the bang for their buck on this one.

Wilson-Field-sketch.jpg

Close-up-Lakefront-Athletic-Center.jpg

Lakefront-Project.jpg

northwestern might now be in the lead for worst facilities in p5 so they have needed a big upgrade for a long time

The Northwestern thing is cool, but I guess I'm not wowed (again), as I remember seeing them quite a while back. It's cool that they're actually breaking ground and have huge gift commits, and that it's not just a pipe dream like some other places out there.

While it's fun to discuss other places, I want to suggest keeping this thread focused on CU construction, as we've still got great facilities being built and I was very disappointed with the new pics being "old" pics of Northwestern's plans.

I'm just being preemptively pissy before seeing somebody post pic from a school that I can't stand. I actually am a big Northwestern fan and adopted them as my favorite college football team growing up in the Chicago suburbs.

Last edited:
The Northwestern thing is cool, but I guess I"m not wowed (again), as I remember seeing them quite a while back. If they're actually breaking ground on that now and have huge gift commits, then that's awesome, and not just a pipe dream like some other places out there.

While it's fun to discuss other places, I want to suggest keeping this thread focused on CU construction, as we've still got great facilities being built and I was very disappointed with the new pics being "old" pics of Northwestern's plans.

I'm just being preemptively pissy before seeing somebody post pic from a school that I can't stand. I actually am a big Northwestern fan and adopted them as my favorite college football team growing up in the Chicago suburbs.
agreed

Walked by today to pick up my extra tix. What an amazing project. Stopped to talk to a Buff Club employee working on the Buff Walk, and happened to bump into RG, and was able thank him for all that he has accomplished.

Back