What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

hEA2lMp.jpg

QQeZcZL.gif

QeBNRYt.jpg

3ZPFFuh.gif

n8IRAbu.jpg

4WeMI66.gif

zFLOtFh.jpg

6zdseqS.gif

PgW43GO.jpg

hd7rC6V.gif

jfHleRq.jpg

b6fyd3w.gif

I see they have added two more cabinets in the players lounge since yesterday. And the lights are on as well. Getting closer.

Kinda cool the barber shop is part of the lounge. The room is really going to become the center of the team family environment

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

[tweet]627492810661326848[/tweet]
[tweet]627493463869632512[/tweet]
[tweet]627495395090759684[/tweet]
Dammit, the TV's should be twice that size! And where are the surround sound speakers? I hope they have Bose sound attenuating head phones at each chair.

Looks like those cabinets got finished since this morning

[tweet]627603331603509248[/tweet]

[tweet]627602832389050368[/tweet]

Kinda cool the barber shop is part of the lounge. The room is really going to become the center of the team family environment

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Absolutely. It's great CU adopted that feature.

It's a great fundraiser tool, too. Who wouldn't shell out a donation to sit in that chair and get a shaved head?

The size of that place is truly impressive. The tour on movie night was only through the locker room/recovery pool/player lounge and it just felt like the place kept going and going. It is 100% first class and if you don't believe it when HCMM says it will be the best in the country, you need to start rethinking. Everything, and I mean everything was done to increase efficiency and was 100% purpose driven. It may not be the flashiest building (looking at you Oregon) however it fits Colorado Football to a tee and is going to put us at the front of a lot of recruits minds. Very very impressed with my limited tour.

Did you go to "FLounder School of Photography" or were you not allowed to take photos?

I kid...I kid... sort of... :smile2:

Nice Photos though and thanks for the update!

That was taken through a hole in the plastic tarp that was taped from floor to ceiling while they were painting. I guess they didn't want any overspray to get on the chairs.

Hope they got their temp. occupancy permit, saw in some of the photos the fire extinguishers weren't in place yet

Man, the Folsom field view just looks absolutely gorgeous. They've done a really nice job incorporating the new building into the existing.

Man, the Folsom field view just looks absolutely gorgeous. They've done a really nice job incorporating the new building into the existing.

You're our AB guru on this construction stuff. Have you seen it up close? How's the fit and finish from your perspective?

You're our AB guru on this construction stuff. Have you seen it up close? How's the fit and finish from your perspective?
Im no guru but, no, I havent. But S2S has and can give his opinion. But everything looks like it's right on the money to me. The school architectural standards dictate the exterior finishes right down to the stone source, I'd imagine.

Im no guru but, no, I havent. But S2S has and can give his opinion. But everything looks like it's right on the money to me. The school architectural standards dictate the exterior finishes right down to the stone source, I'd imagine.
None of it was done when I saw it in person, but I can say the material choices are 1st class on the interior. The exterior is going to be governed as any other building on campus would be so the finish of that should be 1st class as well, like the rest of campus.

I took a few shots from angles I had not seen posted. @FLounder: take notes

New sidewalk that connects to Folsom street. This is about 15 yards South of Boulder Creek. I'm assuming this connects to the buff walk or is part of the buff walk? They are working on the landscaping today.
20150807_101112_zpsun2wduho.jpg

From just outside Dal Ward
20150807_102234_zps0ojaultq.jpg

From Folsom street looking southwest. Gives you an idea of the grade difference of the IPF from north to south. They moved a lot of earth!
20150807_101237_zpsstf0sv9l.jpg

Last edited:
Back